NockOut386 08-Aug-17
kota-man 08-Aug-17
DL 08-Aug-17
NockOut386 08-Aug-17
casekiska 08-Aug-17
IdyllwildArcher 08-Aug-17
hobbes 08-Aug-17
08-Aug-17
I'm planning a trip this fall to hunt Illinois. I have heard that due to CWD in the state if you shoot a buck you cannot bring it back home with you. Is this true? I've tried calling the DNR several times and have received no answers and when I did the people weren't sure? Lol

Can anyone help me on this?

08-Aug-17
I'm sure different states have different rules. If I'm not mistaken , in Va you would not be able to bring back the spinal column or any uncleared/polished up skull. Don't remember any meat restrictions .

08-Aug-17
Meant to say " uncleaned ". If that's even a word ....

08-Aug-17
To bring it to Michigan, it needs to be boned and the skullcap needs to be clean of any brain material.

08-Aug-17
I'm just curious how to bring a buck home to get mounted, or if I'm allowed to do so

08-Aug-17
As long as you're not bringing the skull with you, you should be fine by just cleaning the skull cap really good. As stated above, each state will be different and you need to conform to each state you'll be travelling through.

The other option would be to just have it mounted there and shipped.

08-Aug-17
Nock you need to learn how to cape your deer out. YouTube has it on there.

08-Aug-17
DL I know how to cape a deer out. What I don't know is regulations on transporting a deer out of Illinois back home to Oklahoma

08-Aug-17
As you transport the deer and deer parts home you will travel through a number of states with differing game regulations. You need to investigate the regulations in each state you will be traveling through and then make sure the product you start home with meets the regs in each state. If you are bringing home a trophy and your transport method does not meet regs, a fine may be the least of your worries,...they may confiscate your trophy! Best be certain & be careful. Good luck.

08-Aug-17
Most states require that you not transport brain or spinal canal tissue. You can bring the meat and cape, you just have to either cut the skull cap off and clean it, or clean the brains out of the skull and leave the spine in the field.

08-Aug-17
Illinois doesn't care if you take it out. Its the states that you are transporting to that you have to be concerned with. Check with Oklahoma. I'm pretty sure that IL does not allow transporting spinal column and uncleaned skull cap into state.

• Sitka Gear