smarba 09-Aug-17
deerslayer 09-Aug-17
caribou77 09-Aug-17
Mad Trapper 10-Aug-17
otcWill 10-Aug-17
OFFHNTN 10-Aug-17
Shiloh 14-Aug-17
08-Aug-17
Just picked up the Hamskea Versa micro tune - I know a number of guys here shoot one. Just wondering what you like more, upper or lower limb actuation, and why?

Any other tips and preferences for setting up the rest would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

08-Aug-17
I run with the upper limb. With my setup I feel like upper offers more protection because of the quiver etc. Hamskea is a great rest. Bombproof.

09-Aug-17
It's personal preference really. When I set it up on my daughter's bow I gave her the option of which way she wanted to run it. We tried both and she chose the bottom limb. That's the nice thing about the Hamskea, you have the option of doing it either way.

09-Aug-17
Lower limb only because the sight and quiver mount interfered with the cord on my setup if attached to the upper limb. I run a Tight Spot and the cord is still fairly well protected, plus I replaced the stock cord with a custom made 12 strand cord/ "string" that Winners Choice made to the specs I needed. To adjust length so the rest drops properly I simply twist the cord.

09-Aug-17
bottom limb for me

09-Aug-17
Bottom for me but I've never tried the upper.

09-Aug-17
Never used the Hamskea, but as Ermine states, I connect to upper as the cord is protected & hidden behind the quiver & arrows. No interference and almost impossible to get snagged on brush, etc.

09-Aug-17
Bottom limb it is. Thanks guys

09-Aug-17
Bottom for me as well. And if your cord gets tangled in brush..... So did you bowstring and cables.

10-Aug-17
Bottom limb. Hunting with it the first time this season.

10-Aug-17
I do bottom limb as well but don't think it matters. I've dragged it thru endless brush. Cord won't stretch or break. Every component on the rest is bombproof

10-Aug-17
Bottom for me as well.

14-Aug-17
I was thinking about getting one and when looking at connecting it to the limb I hated the way that it looked. Not for aesthetics, but effectiveness. It looks like it is easily damaged, but so many on here use them and have good things to say that I am back looking at them. What is the benefit to having it attached to the limb versus the cable. The only thing I have found so far is that it contacts (guides) your arrow for more of the power stroke?? What say y'all that have em??

• Sitka Gear