Bigpizzaman 10-Aug-17
carcus 10-Aug-17
Amoebus 10-Aug-17
md5252 11-Aug-17
Bigpizzaman 11-Aug-17
carcus 21-Aug-17
Bigpizzaman 23-Aug-17
09-Aug-17
I'm not "bashing" here but seeing if anyone else is having issues with Sitka rainsuits and more specifically, their pants. I shredded a pair of the Cloudburst last year and ended up getting the Stormfront. the seam on the Stormfront (inside left leg) opened up on my Stones hunt. Not sure what to do now, wondering if anyone else has had issues?

09-Aug-17
Tim...I've never had any durability issues with the rain gear from Sitka. I have shredded a couple pair of the First Lite StormTites and a pair of KUIU Chugach and a pair of KUIU Yukon. If they are new, I would just call Customer Service. They are usually more than willing to help from my experience. But with regard to durability, the Sitka stuff has been about as good as I've found, and I've wore just about all of the hunting brands out there.

Sheep and goat hunting is tough on gear. I usually have to "retool" something after each sheep or goat hunt I take.

09-Aug-17
Kota that was my experience with my first set, hell I still have it as back-up! I even lent it out to Medicineman and he didn't destroy it! I'll be in touch with them, Thanks!

09-Aug-17
Exactly what Kota said.

09-Aug-17
Sitka is awesome.

09-Aug-17
Your freakin thighs are too think:)

09-Aug-17
Sitka gear is awesome. Sounds like you got a bad apple. If you have an issue contact them and they will take care of you. They will replace it for free or repair it. Sitka has one of the better customer services out there in my opinion

09-Aug-17
I've used the same set of Stormfront rain gear for a couple years now [including one multi-week Alaska float hunt] and have never had an issue with durability. It's a little noisier than I would like, but I prefer the noise over getting wet in the quieter rain gear I've used.

10-Aug-17
I've used Stormfront and Nimbus for years sheep and goat hunting with 0 issues. Sounds like you are pretty tough on your raingear!

10-Aug-17
I like the light weight of the stuff but it seems I shred pants as well. went noisier and cheaper I got some navy type III gore tex pants have had pretty good luck so far. but they are not quiet

10-Aug-17
When I shredded the first pair of Cloudburst that's what Sitka told me, I hunt too hard! LOL My response was to sponsor me and accept the challenge!! Haven't heard back from them on that! I've started the return process.

10-Aug-17
Sitka just took care of my old rain gear, new stuff is on its way, great company!!! Awesome customer service

10-Aug-17
BPM - did they split just from hiking? Or, were you doing a lot of crawling up there?

11-Aug-17
Great customer service. Call them and they will help you for sure.

I had an older set that developed an issue and they took care of it quickly and professionally at no cost.

11-Aug-17
Amoebus, yeah just hiking. my right heel was getting caught on something as I was hiking up through the bush, I looked down and the inseam of the pants were open near the ankle, it was wet and I couldn't mend (Duct-tape) until that night by the fire.

21-Aug-17
My new cloudburst suit just arrived, cant believe they replaced my 10 year old nimbus ! Thanks sitka! And thanks Bigpizza for starting this thread, I had know idea they were lifetime warranty!

23-Aug-17
Well as I pack for my NWT Mountain Bou trip I'm happy to report my new pair of Sitka Stormfront pants have made it in and are packed!!!! Good Luck everyone on upcoming adventures!!

• Sitka Gear