Tao 13-Sep-17
t-roy 13-Sep-17
Tao 13-Sep-17
Tao 13-Sep-17
sbschindler 15-Sep-17
rattling_junkie 18-Feb-18
AKHUNTER 18-Feb-18
09-Aug-17
Just wondering how many do prep work before going hunting and how many just run and gun with no prep work?

09-Aug-17
Run and gun, too expensive to fly in and prep.

10-Aug-17
Fred Bear wrote in his books he would plan his Alaska hunts for 40 days and get in shape while there. That was because he was running an archery company but had plenty of time while on his hunts. If you are only hunting a week best get in shape first! Good luck. C

10-Aug-17
I tend to stay in shape all year long.

I hunt heavily hunted public ground so I usually don't do a whole lot of preseason scouting. I have 2 areas that I start in and from there I scout people. I try to use them to my advantage as much as possible. I then have another area that I don't touch until October. It produces bucks every year as long as others stay out of it.

15-Aug-17

Tao's embedded Photo
Here is a client sitting in the middle of his 6 shooting lanes. All the prep work for the shooting lanes, the trails to them and the hiding spot for the boat was done 3 weeks before the season started
Tao's embedded Photo
Here is a client sitting in the middle of his 6 shooting lanes. All the prep work for the shooting lanes, the trails to them and the hiding spot for the boat was done 3 weeks before the season started

15-Aug-17
Call from the same spot for at least 2 days before moving to a different area. If the wind direction permits

15-Aug-17

Tao's embedded Photo
Tao's embedded Photo

16-Aug-17

Tao's embedded Photo
Tao's embedded Photo

16-Aug-17

Tao's embedded Photo
Tao's embedded Photo

16-Aug-17

Tao's embedded Photo
Tao's embedded Photo

16-Aug-17
What part of Ontario do you hunt, Tao?

16-Aug-17
Northwestern Ontario. .....fly in half way between Ignace and Armstrong

16-Aug-17

Tao's embedded Photo
Everybody has nice easy hunt without ever breaking sweat because all the work was done before the hunt. No tripping or getting poked in the eye when going to or from stand
Tao's embedded Photo
Everybody has nice easy hunt without ever breaking sweat because all the work was done before the hunt. No tripping or getting poked in the eye when going to or from stand

16-Aug-17
As others have said, fly in situations are a whole other animal. I'd venture to bet you are one of the very few outfitters that clears shooting lanes in moose country. Your moose country is also different than most.

16-Aug-17
As a guide, by doing the prep work it is easy to look good in front of clients and I know exactly where each shooter is positioned, so I can call a moose out in front of them. I usually get 12-50 moose with in shooting range in our 3 week archery moose season. It also takes a lot of the pressure off me as a guide to produce encounters and it turns the hunt into a chess game. I took on a guide helper 2 years ago and the set-ups made a huge difference in him being successful two years in a row.

16-Aug-17
Tao, how early do they start responding to calling?

16-Aug-17
run and gun, no time for scouting

16-Aug-17
The false rut is usually the last week of August and I have had them come to the call. I have had success quite a few times on opening morning just minutes into the season (September 18th ). I am a believer of hunting every day of the archery moose season. I have been guiding since 1990 so that has given me the ability to hunt the full 3 weeks no matter how many animals are harvested as long as the clients have tags available. The only exemption is when the rain or snow is falling sideways and the height of the waves on the water make it unsafe.

16-Aug-17

Tao's embedded Photo
Tao's embedded Photo

16-Aug-17

Tao's embedded Photo
Tao's embedded Photo

04-Sep-17

Tao's embedded Photo
Tao's embedded Photo

05-Sep-17
Bulls were coming to call Saturday in NF. Cow was bawling when bull started to come in to call. Frost saturday night in a couple of areas. This hurricane will bring in warmer temperatures this weekend......Good Luck.

06-Sep-17
The count down is on 17 more days. .....then 3 weeks of hunting. ......18 set-ups to try out

10-Sep-17
Mare's urine ----check..........enough game bags for 3 bulls----check.....all gear washed and scent free packed---check.......calling horn---check

11-Sep-17
What type of calling Horn do you use

12-Sep-17

Tao's embedded Photo
Moose mag fiberglass call
Tao's embedded Photo
Moose mag fiberglass call

13-Sep-17

Tao's embedded Photo
6 game bags packed out 1 bull to the boat for the float plane flight out plus rack makes 7 trips. Start to finish less then 2 hours
Tao's embedded Photo
6 game bags packed out 1 bull to the boat for the float plane flight out plus rack makes 7 trips. Start to finish less then 2 hours

13-Sep-17

Tao's embedded Photo
Tao's embedded Photo

13-Sep-17
What's the name of your outfitting business Tao?

13-Sep-17
I guide for Ignace Outpost Camps in Northwestern Ontario.

13-Sep-17

Tao's embedded Photo
Another one from last year
Tao's embedded Photo
Another one from last year

15-Sep-17

sbschindler's embedded Photo
sbschindler's embedded Photo
this is what happens when you listen to and follow Tao's advice

18-Feb-18
Any other moose tips? Just booked the flight for this September.

18-Feb-18
My #1 piece of advice. Bring a come-a-long and 200’ of 1/2” rope. Seriously my favorite piece of equipment.

• Sitka Gear