zionwapitiwhacker 10-Aug-17
Scrappy 10-Aug-17
Franzen 10-Aug-17
zionwapitiwhacker 10-Aug-17
bigdaddy 10-Aug-17
LINK 10-Aug-17
Russ Koon 10-Aug-17
10-Aug-17
What are your guy's thoughts on these cheapie arrows from Wally World. Yes, I know that they are only .006 straightness factory and the spine probably isn't as consistent as those of the more spendy arrows. But for a guy who is a pretty average shot and limits his hunting range to about 45 yards would you say these are good enough? Reason I'm asking is because I just picked up 13 of these from Wally World for the paltry sum of $1.50 an arrow. I think they are usually supposed to go for $5 and some change per arrow, unless they are on clearance, in which case they are 2 or 3 bucks. I'm starting to wonder if they mislabeled these and it was the little kiddie arrows that are supposed to be this price. I know these aren't the little kiddie arrows, they are rated for 55-70 pound draw weights.

10-Aug-17
If the specs are correct for your bow and fly straight I would be tickled to get arrows for 1.50. Some guys think you have to shoot xbrand to be cool. Me I would rather buy more tags with the money saved.

10-Aug-17
Why not try them first and see how they shoot in your setup? That is really the only thing that matters. Shoot with broadheads, and if you shoot with fixed heads you will likely find out how good or bad the tolerances are. Are they sold as full length, already fletched? 45 yds. isn't really a huge limitation on shot distance at game imo.

10-Aug-17
Thanks for the comments guys. I have actually shot them at 40 yards and they seem to group as well as I am capable of grouping more expensive arrows. They are sold pre-fletched and are 29 or 30 inches (can't remember which) with an insert already installed. Through research I have done online I have found that they are 10.5 gpi and have a .340 spine. These are actually some pretty great specs for my bow!

10-Aug-17
If nothing else they are good for small game and stumping.

10-Aug-17
If they spin true and match your bow, why not?

10-Aug-17
I'd certainly test them further to be sure before counting on them during season, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you find them to be completely satisfactory.

My favorites for the last several years have been the cheapest Beman ICS hunters I can get in bare shafts. I shoot fingers, but compound and sights, as I have for a couple generations, and fletch my own mostly because the factory fletches are almost always applied too close to the nocks these days for us old finger shooters.

I practice most at forty yards, and tune by matching fixed blade BH and FP impact points. I have had very good results in my arrows carrying FBBH's accurately and consistently even with straight fletch, as long as the conditions aren't very windy. I do normally fletch with helical just in case a cross wind is happening when I get a shot while hunting.

It's certainly worth the effort to test them well and see if they are completely useful as your hunting arrows.

• Sitka Gear