onX Maps
Hamskea Full Draw 3rd Axis Pin?
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
pav 14-Aug-17
CCOVEY 14-Aug-17
pav 14-Aug-17
14-Aug-17
Setting up my new MBG Pure Driven 75 sight. Looking for some advice for tweaking 3rd axis at full draw. I have the Hamskea 3rd axis level....and it has been great for setting 1st, 2nd and 3rd axis with the bow mounted in a bow vise.

The problem I'm having is verifying 3rd axis at full draw using the Hamskea sight pin. When aiming at a downward angle and lining the vertical sight pin up with the plumb line, the bubble in the sight looks good. When I attach the Hamskea level with the long sight pin....the ends of the pin are outside the peep field of view. If I move my line of sight off anchor...in an attempt to see the pin above or below the peep, my bubble readings go haywire. Assuming I'm getting some sort of visual deflection top to bottom due to the bowstring? Tried to "shorten" the pin by clamping at an angle, but still experience the same issue.

Watched the Hamskea video a dozen times....and still have not figured out what I'm doing wrong? Any advice is appreciated.

14-Aug-17
If its a multi pin sight then you could just use your top and bottom pin as your vertical line. Line those up with the plumb line at at steep angle at full draw and check your bubble. It makes sense that when you move from your peep the bubble moves, it means you putting a different torque on the riser when you come out of your peep. That said, i always clamped the vice to my riser near the shelf and am able to get it to work. Hope this helps, good luck.

14-Aug-17
Thanks. The sight is a single vertical pin....so I am able to establish vertical to an extent using the sight itself. Just thought the longer Hamskea pin would be more accurate...if I could ever figure out how to use it with confidence.

• Sitka Gear