mountainman 14-Aug-17
Lark Bunting 14-Aug-17
Backpack Hunter 14-Aug-17
WV Mountaineer 14-Aug-17
Bowfreak 14-Aug-17
x-man 15-Aug-17
Fuzzy 15-Aug-17
14-Aug-17
Just tried out my platypus hoser 3L and the bite valve drips a drop with every step I take. This was super annoying as my shirt was soaked 1/2 mile in and the fact I'm losing water. Is there something I'm missing or is the bite valve defective? I emailed the company but haven't got a response.

14-Aug-17
Source doesn't use bite valves... at least last I knew.

14-Aug-17
The water that is dripping is what is in the tube from where the tube pitches down from the top. I have had some luck with blowing in the tube to send that water back. Also some tubes have a valve to shut it off. This can get real annoying when you get in a certain geometric position and the damn thing starts to siphon out the bite valve.

14-Aug-17
I've had that happen before. Simple fix in the field is to kink the hose a couple inches above the valve and stick the valve back through the loop or ring the holds the tube on your shoulder strap.

14-Aug-17
I replaced a couple bladder bite vales with these, I found them on sale this summer for $4.99 but they are pretty cheap still. I cut the opening a bit though to allow more water to pass through.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OAMK9KU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

14-Aug-17
Yeah, just put a shut off on it. It is easier.

14-Aug-17
I finally bought a Source bladder exactly for this reason. God Bless

14-Aug-17
My platypus does the same but the bite valve also has a manual valve built in. I just turn it off.

15-Aug-17
So you got bit by a platypus, and now you can't hold your bladder?

15-Aug-17
I read the thread title with the last word as "envy" ...was looking forward to a wild story with some entertaining discussion

• Sitka Gear