cnelk 16-Aug-17
LINK 16-Aug-17
EmbryOklahoma 16-Aug-17
Gene 16-Aug-17
Zackman 16-Aug-17
Zackman 16-Aug-17
donnybowhunter 19-Aug-17
15-Aug-17
We all love seeing a great rack, and huge antlers on elk too! Post up photos of the cow elk you or your crew have taken! While I've been "elk hunting" for three years now, I have never taken an elk. I finally drew an elk tag that will put me into a spot that has elk, and lot's of them. I have warned my son and my buddy that will be with me that I am taking the first mature legal elk that presents an opportunity as I want elk meat first and foremost and shooting a cow is perfectly fine with me!

15-Aug-17

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
We love taking part in 'herd management'

15-Aug-17

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

15-Aug-17
ohiohunter, that photo is scary as hell!

Brad, Love it! Love the frontal shot, care to share the story? Seems the cows are much more jittery, so to see a frontal on a cow is fairly rare to me.

15-Aug-17
Lark

Here is 'Deertick' telling the story of that morning.

But the cow wasnt the highlight :)

15-Aug-17

Saxton's embedded Photo
Saxton's embedded Photo

15-Aug-17

JRABQ's embedded Photo
JRABQ's embedded Photo
My first bowkill about 15 yrs ago. Hunted hard for 18 days before I got this cow, very tough pack-out. I lost 15 pounds on that hunt, wish I was that skinny today!

15-Aug-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo

15-Aug-17
Not a single one of you look disappointed with a cow in your photos! Love it! I'm surprised at some people's opinions on shooting a cow. Like I said, for me it's going to be the first mature legal elk!

15-Aug-17

Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo

15-Aug-17

Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo

16-Aug-17

armed-hiker's embedded Photo
armed-hiker's embedded Photo

16-Aug-17

16-Aug-17

Buckskin22's embedded Photo
Buckskin22's embedded Photo
Here's a trophy calf from last year. My first elk

16-Aug-17

jordanathome's embedded Photo
jordanathome's embedded Photo
Pic of my buddy's cow.....one I missed with my ML when I misjudged the distance badly.....then she ran by him at under 50 yards and he connected. This girl came running up the middle of a meadow chased by a bull right before noon. I was walking down. I got my shooting stick out, ML up, she saw me and stopped for a split second...I guessed 200 yards and held on her spine.....it was more like 300....sigh. Took place in the span of maybe 5-10 seconds from seeing her to the shot with most of the time taken to make sure I had a safe shot as I misjudged distance and hoping she would keep running closer.....she didn't.

16-Aug-17
My mouth is watering just looking at all that delicious elk meat! I love shooting cows, probably because I care more about the backstraps than the rack when it comes to elk! Best eating there is!

16-Aug-17

patience2spare's embedded Photo
patience2spare's embedded Photo
My last day, last morning cow. Never been so happy to finally have an opportunity as when this big girl walked up. Had the last tenderloin Saturday after finishing the vinyl siding on my home. Best steak I have ever eaten!!!! Pete

16-Aug-17
Nice job guys, congratulations on your success. Good luck this fall!

16-Aug-17

LINK's embedded Photo
Terrible picture taken about 30 minutes after I shot her.
LINK's embedded Photo
Terrible picture taken about 30 minutes after I shot her.

16-Aug-17
LINK. That cow looks huge! Was she that big or just looks that way in the pic?

16-Aug-17

joehunter8301's embedded Photo
joehunter8301's embedded Photo
Bowsite needs a "how to take a better pic" thread again

16-Aug-17
7 x 7 bull, spike or cow...if their legal, and I've a good shot...I'm notching my tag My first elk may be aways off perhaps, but any legal elk of either sex will be the icing on the cake

16-Aug-17
No effing way am I spending the time to 'pose' the elk for pics, like tucking the legs, moving them, etc

I take pics as they lay

16-Aug-17
T-Roy she was pretty big. Yielded something like 190#s of meat. She was an old dry cow but she ate well. I am holding her head and not perched 10 yards behind her for reference, lol. I had a 70 year old buddy that doesn't own a smart phone trying to use mine. Most of the pictures were of his fingers so this was a good one, ha. X3 on not rolling an elk for pictures. I think tucking the legs of a deer looks good but looks entirely unnatural on an elk.

16-Aug-17

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
My one and only cow... Colorado 2001 or 02' I believe. I need to get back, REALLY BAD. This was my first elk also and 1.8 miles from the truck, as the crow flys. Enjoyed every bit of it! Glad I've since lost that dumb ass hat. :)

ohiohunter... that first pic is hilarious. D looks like a midget behind that cow. lol

16-Aug-17

Gene's embedded Photo
Gene's embedded Photo
Sorry for the crappy photo, but it is the only one I have of the only elk that I have killed (2001).

16-Aug-17

Zackman's embedded Photo
Zackman's embedded Photo
Old school. Circa 1996. I could barely hold her head up for this picture

16-Aug-17

Zackman's embedded Photo
Zackman's embedded Photo
A little more current. My dad called this one in for me on my last day of hunting with him. Cool experience and tasty meat!

19-Aug-17

donnybowhunter's embedded Photo
donnybowhunter's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear