Craig 02-Sep-17
grape 02-Sep-17
Craig 02-Sep-17
JackPine Acres 03-Sep-17
Craig 04-Sep-17
15-Aug-17

Craig's embedded Photo
Craig's embedded Photo
Got baits out hoping to see some big boys.

15-Aug-17
I think I recognize the trees in the background. Is that by chance the stand I shot my chocolate in 2 years ago? Can't wait to get up there for a week of fun!

16-Aug-17
Looking forward to coming up. Find me a big chocolate, I hope the weather is going to be cooler this year.

17-Aug-17

Craig's embedded Photo
Craig's embedded Photo

18-Aug-17
Good luck craig

18-Aug-17
Eager to see daytime photos from this week. :)

19-Aug-17

Craig's embedded Photo
Craig's embedded Photo
Well that takes the fun out of it jack pine lol here are a couple checked 4 out of 8 baits they were all hit 4 more today.

19-Aug-17

Craig's embedded Photo
Craig's embedded Photo

19-Aug-17
The black I have a few pics of him he is a good bore big head also he's a shooter. The chocolate is in the 200 range. Should be lots to choose from by next weekend. Let's hope those bows are shooting straight.

19-Aug-17
Looks like the weather forecast is going to be favorable as well. I hope you and Mel have been dusting off your cribbage skills. No golfing this year, I'm sitting and waiting for a big boy. :) I know Paul is waiting on a big chocolate to go with that nice black rug he has from the last trip.

19-Aug-17
Melanie forgets how to play lol I'm ready for ya if the bears cooperate you won't sit long.

19-Aug-17
Looking forward to your posts Craig!

20-Aug-17

Craig's embedded Photo
Craig's embedded Photo
Did some more baits today bears are hungry.

20-Aug-17

Craig's embedded Photo
Craig's embedded Photo

20-Aug-17

Craig's embedded Photo
Craig's embedded Photo

20-Aug-17

Craig's embedded Photo
Craig's embedded Photo

20-Aug-17

Craig's embedded Photo
Craig's embedded Photo

21-Aug-17

Craig's embedded Photo
Craig's embedded Photo
Had a close encounter with this guy at the bait 10 yards is close enuf.

21-Aug-17
Nice! It's hard to concentrate on work when I see pics like this. 10pm at night?? What time is it getting dark by you? I saw the forecast and the temps look to be pushing back into the 80's for next week. I hope they stay in the 70's. :)

Time to go shoot my bow again.

24-Aug-17

Craig's embedded Photo
Craig's embedded Photo

26-Aug-17
One more day to check baits. Tony and Paul show up tommorrow we will check some cameras have supper and make a game plan for Monday.

27-Aug-17
Good luck this week Craig!

29-Aug-17
First night was great Paul tagged a big boar at 385 he's a dandy. Post some good pics in am.

29-Aug-17

Craig's embedded Photo
Craig's embedded Photo

29-Aug-17

Craig's embedded Photo
Craig's embedded Photo
Tony is after this guy hope he gets lucky tonight

29-Aug-17

Craig's embedded Photo
Craig's embedded Photo

29-Aug-17
good luck boys

31-Aug-17
Well Tony is up in the stand already let's hope his luck turns.

02-Sep-17
Well it was a great week we always love having Tony and Paul out. Unfortunately Tony had some hard hunting and the bears weren't cooperating. He put some serious hours in and shared some great story's. Thanks again boys.

02-Sep-17
Craig...Boy do you look like your dad!

02-Sep-17
Lol a younger version I hope????

03-Sep-17
As a season passes, I always try to learn something from it and this bear hunt is no exception. With warm temps, 2 days of strong winds, dropping oak nuts and pics of morning activity - we should've changed things up a bit and tried some different tactics. Spring bears hit baits more regularly due to lack of food competition and the search for a breeding partner. The rules of engagement seem different in the fall and that calls for being more flexible in your approach.

What I would've done differently is to hunt a couple of mornings, come in for lunch, a nap and hit a different stand in the afternoon by 5pm. If the barrel is still up when you pull up to a stand and you have other options, pull out and head to a different stand. 5 days go by quickly and hunting a stand that has gone cold is an opportunity lost.

Hindsight is always 20/20 and my quest for a Manitoba giant is over after 32 hours in the stand. I did see one beautiful chocolate sow the first day, I just didn't think it would be the only bear I saw in range for the week. This is hunting and the bears whipped me in the fall of 2017.

On to chasing whitetails in Wisconsin, shooting ducks and geese this fall, and training our german shorthaired puppy on pheasants.

Good luck to all this season and a big thanks to Craig & Melanie for their hospitality!

04-Sep-17
Your welcome Tony it was a pleasure.

• Sitka Gear