Jaquomo 17-Aug-17
LKH 17-Aug-17
Buck Watcher 17-Aug-17
MTNRCHR 17-Aug-17
cnelk 17-Aug-17
MTNRCHR 17-Aug-17
fubar racin 17-Aug-17
15-Aug-17
How many arrows do you have ready to 'rock & roll'? Not how many you will carry in your quiver but total amount you will bring / have available on your hunts.

I have 10.

15-Aug-17
Just picked up a dozen FMJ Injexions, Have them all cut, squared, fletched and ready to go.

15-Aug-17
Generally 9-12, 4 broadheads and one judo in my quiver and the rest ready to roll in my arrow case

15-Aug-17
First hunts I'll be gone 5 weeks so I'll bring two dozen which is hopefully 22 more than I need.

"All my bags are packed I'm ready to go, taxi's waiting he's blowing his horn, already I'm so lonesome I could cry!"

15-Aug-17
I'm just a deer hunter, but I still have a dozen and a half ready to hunt. In my quiver, when I'm hunting, will be four deer arrows and one stiffer-than-necessary hog arrow. In some places, that might change to 3/2 instead of 4/1 :-)

15-Aug-17
For my elk trip have 8 ready to go, for local deer different bow , have 6 ready and 8-10 in reserve.

15-Aug-17
I'd love to hear the most arrows used in a hunting trip! A one animal trip, not an Africa type deal. I know one guy that was wandering the woods looking for spent arrows due to an empty quiver.

15-Aug-17
3 spin tested, sharpened, and approved right now. Have 7 or 8 made up in reserves.

15-Aug-17
Got an even 10 I'm shooting off the compound. About 12 for the longbow. God Bless

16-Aug-17
I'm anal about my arrows. i have 26 fletched and ready to shoot.

but i always weight match at least 10 and make sure those 10 are square and spin great. I set them aside for hunting arrows and keep 5 in my quiver and try to get through the entire year with those 5 arrows / broad heads. i avg 9 animals a year with the bow.

16-Aug-17

16-Aug-17
A dozen for me.

16-Aug-17
If it's a hunt where I only have one tag for one animal I take 10.

16-Aug-17
At the moment, 3 and that's one more than I need.

16-Aug-17
when we went to Africa I brought with about a dozen.

Normally I just have the 5 in my quiver with broadheads and lighted nocks. There are extra broadheads and arrows in my arrow carrier of my bow case that I could assemble. Killing well over 100 animals with archery, I can count on one hand the number of times I've used more than a single arrow. In Africa I used 2 because the arrow I had shot the first 5 animals with (and changed the broadhead blades out) broke in half, so I shot the next 3 with that second arrow.

16-Aug-17
Usually 6-10

16-Aug-17
9 arrows, 6 VPA heads

16-Aug-17
For local deer hunting I carry four broadheads in my Simmons rotating tube quiver. More importantly, I ALWAYS have one or two arrows out of the quiver and placed in nearby branches/forks for quick second shots, if they are possible. Speed kills.

16-Aug-17
Between 8 and 18 depending on the hunt.

16-Aug-17
This year I am just whitetail hunting, so I have just six broadhead tipped arrows that I have shot and then resharpend.When I go out west I take about a dozen.

16-Aug-17
I have 6 practice arrows that I shoot year round, including practice at camp. I normally have a dozen new ones that are strictly for hunting.

16-Aug-17
I understand the weighing and spin testing, etc; but I shoot ALL my arrows out to 50 yards to make sure they fly well. Is this not standard practice for you folks? Only ever had one that seems out of balance since I started buying better quality arrows but actually shooting them adds to my confidence. I have 6 put away after shooting them for the quiver then have a dozen or so for practice. Any of those can be promoted to quiver as the season progresses or as required. I shoot FOBs and SlickTrick standards so fletching damage is not an issue.

16-Aug-17
I generally only have the 5 in my quiver ready. I do keep spare shafts and broadheads in my truck. Usually around 6 of each as spares.

16-Aug-17
Just got the 7 arrow Tight Spot quiver...I can tuck a couple of judo points in there for the occasional grouse opportunity ;^)

Best of Luck, Jeff

16-Aug-17
ElkmtngearX2... I also have an extra 6-8 in my arrow case at camp, and 2-3 practice arrows.

16-Aug-17
Know a young man that went up the haul road in Alaska with THREE arrows and one of them had a loose fletch. Came home with a nice grizzly and a 60" bull moose.

16-Aug-17
Haven't counted, but somewhere around a dozen

16-Aug-17

Buckskin22's embedded Photo
Buckskin22's embedded Photo
8 arrows ready to rock

16-Aug-17
Two dozen shot and in the arrow box, along with two dozen broadheads. I always keep a dozen arrows and heads in the truck.

16-Aug-17
About 4 dozen. I have been shooting the same arrows for so many years now and get new ones every year, so I have accumulated a few. Although, the way I fling arrows at animals, I may not have enough!

16-Aug-17
Have 10 with shot and resharpened bh ready to go. 4 practice arrows.

16-Aug-17

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
I'm starting my 61st year in Archery/bowhunting. I've got tons for my compound various sizes depending on animal I may hunt. My Longbow I rekindled my interest 3 years ago I have 2 dz. made up, fletched different & 2 1/2 dz bare shafts. When hunting at home I have 4 for my compound & 4 for my Longbow with me. Out of state I have a quiver that holds 7 & fill it with spares at camo. When I went Caribou hunting I had 2 dz for me & my son (same size arrow) with BHs.

16-Aug-17
5 WITH BROADHEADS, 6 IF I REPLACE THE ONE I SHOT LAST YEAR.

OF COURSE ALWAYS 2 DOZEN PRACTICE SHAFTS READY TO GO. LOST THREE TIPS ON MY WOOD SHAFTS SHOOTING TONIGHT WITH MY SON. MAYBE OLD HOT MELT AS I HAVEN'T SHOT THOSE FROM MY WEAKER RECURVE(ITS BEEN A BAD SHOULDER SUMMER) IN A COUPLE OF YEARS.

17-Aug-17
First caribou hunt I got in the canoe with four in my longbow quiver. The boat driver/guide asked where my other arrows were. I told him I had two caribou tags so I carried two extra arrows for ptarmigan.

He laughed and said the "compound guys" bring a whole tube of arrows and usually shoot them all.

I shot one caribou bull, the arrow survived, I brought it home and killed an elk bull and a muley buck with it, using the same Muzzy broadhead.

17-Aug-17
I crawled up on a sleeping bou, put an extra arrow on the ground and shot a quartering away shot from my knees, maybe 25 yards. By the time the arrow buried in the tundra and the bull woke up, stood, and turned broadside I had the grounded arrow on the longbow and buried it in his lungs. I'm not a very good shot.

17-Aug-17
3 with BH all in my quiver + 1 small game head. Also 3 with BH that I use in the yard (target) every day. I hunt 2 miles form the house. 1 buck only limit.

17-Aug-17

17-Aug-17
MTNRCHR - at least you dont need a quiver

17-Aug-17
ounce counter ... lol

17-Aug-17
I watched my BIL put his whole quiver through a bull 5 arrows then 1 of mine because his head was still up.... his antler was caught in the crook of a tree.........

• Sitka Gear