jims 18-Aug-17
Zim1 19-Aug-17
Zim1 19-Aug-17
Zim1 19-Aug-17
txhunter58 19-Aug-17
jims 20-Aug-17
jims 20-Aug-17
16-Aug-17
Just curious is anyone has used the ghost blind or knows anyone that has. I am thinking of getting one and just want to make sure i get some feedback from the field before I spend the money on it. Any info on it would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

16-Aug-17
I hunt with a couple guys who own them and love them. I think it would be tough for me to shoot my trad bows with it but a compound seems better suited. The only down side or complaint I hear is when the ground freezes up, then it's tuff to drive the stakes in to secure it, make sure you bring a hammer.

16-Aug-17
I have zero experience, but the feedback I have heard in the past was surprisingly positive. One of those items I would only take "real world reviews" on not conjecture.

16-Aug-17
I have one and have killed deer from it. It's a bit short, and in a wind it shakes like a leaf. I've had mature does lock on me in it and everyone of them decided I was no threat. It's handy to have but I really don't use it all that much.

16-Aug-17
Heavy

16-Aug-17
I had one and sold it to a Bowsiter. I used it in different set ups and got one shot out from behind it while hunting in the snow.

16-Aug-17
I think it is way too much money for a plastic mirror, and then you need the extensions and carry case for even more money. I would give it a try if I could get it all for $100, maybe.

16-Aug-17
i have one, not much use for it in archery season though, i m a trad hunter and have to get above it to shoot, but i also hunt with a hand gun, its deadly, had chipmunks run into it, would be a good choice for a cross bow, you have to sit pretty low to stay hidden, but it works and disappears if theres snow on the ground,

16-Aug-17
Have used very successfully with turkey Had deer within 5-10 yards no issue It's a touch short Little bit heavy but works well

16-Aug-17
I bought one with extensions from Sportsman guide on sale last year for I think $150 or less total. Got it for wife & her outdoor wildlife photography but we haven't used it yet. I may give it a try in an area where I see deer all the time & no tress to set a stand. I thought about raising in off the ground a tad to make it higher as I have same rods that would work great with it. Everyone I've heard that used one had good things to say but that it was short for some.

17-Aug-17
Thank you the feedback on it. I can get it on sale with 15% off today by using a code they gave me for a labor day special. I have a couple of spots that it will be prefect for, but I am just not sure I want to spend $300 plus for another blind to collect dust except for a couple times a year.

17-Aug-17
Well there ya have it, ohiohunter has spoken....

17-Aug-17
I made mine with 3/16" Lexan, mirrored window tint film and a couple cans of camo spray paint. I think I have about $80 total in it and it's a full 48" high. I really only use it in areas that are too open for any other concealment.

17-Aug-17
Go out and buy a ASAT leafy suit, 140 bucks, best money you spend.

17-Aug-17
I got mine from sportsmans guide too and it was reasonable. I used it on the edge of soybeans mainly.

17-Aug-17
I have 2 (one short and the other taller). My preference of the 2 is the taller one. The short one is tough to hide behind because it's so short. The nice thing about the mirrors is critters don't have to acclimate to them since they blend in immediately with their surroundings. That can be a plus for spooky critters such as antelope that may take time to get used to a blind. I've had great luck with mine for turkey. Unfortunately where I antelope hunt it is often blowing 10 to 40 mph which won't work with these blinds. Another time the mirrors don't work is if it rains or if there is dew that collects on the mirrors.

I don't spend much time in blinds but if I would likely use mirror blinds on a fairly regular basis. A lot of animals seem shy of regular blinds and mirror blinds often blend right into the surroundings.

18-Aug-17
I haven't ever noticed any sun issues. The mirror is pointed on an angle towards the ground so what ever is reflected off the ground is what is seen on the mirrors.

19-Aug-17

Zim1's embedded Photo
Zim1's embedded Photo
I got one this spring and it has exceeded my expectations so far. Wind is a factor. Weight is not too bad. Less than toting a treestand.

19-Aug-17

Zim1's embedded Photo
Zim1's embedded Photo
Deer don't get suspicious even at super close range. I'd be spotted from 200 yards in a pop up blind.

19-Aug-17

Zim1's embedded Photo
Zim1's embedded Photo
Turkey about walk inside the blind they come so close. I think some near me even saw their reflection. This photo I took out the handle they were so close.

19-Aug-17
"Is the best angle 90 degrees to the ground? "

I do not own one, but I believe they are angle slightly away from the shooter (slightly down toward the ground) so that it reflects the ground rather than sunlight, etc.

20-Aug-17
The angle is only slightly towards the ground. I would estimate around 15 degrees downward from being straight up 90 degrees. You can see the angle somewhat in Zim's photo above. I've had hen turkeys so close they were purring at their own reflection. The taller mirror blind comes with extentions that go on the top that allow for shooting/viewing through. I wish the shorter mirror blind had the extensions because it is super short. There are also slots in the sides for handles that I often look through if game is close. I've set up a tripod with camera/video to film game which is pretty fun. Both blinds fold up like an accordion and are around 4' long by 1 1/2' wide.

20-Aug-17
You can likely find out the weight of them if you look them up on their website? I'd say the small one weighs around 7 lbs and the bigger one 12ish? They are a lot less bulk and weight than my double bull-double wide. The Double Wide plus decoys, etc would be a lot tougher packing around on my back! The larger one folds up to 43" tall x 27" wide x 2 1/2" thick. The smaller one is 30" tall x 18" wide x 2 1/2" thick. I have no problem putting them in a deep pack or strapping them to the outside of a pack.

Another option is to use a cloth camo blind that rolls up with stakes attached to the material. My preference is to not to use a blind....much easier for my style of hunting! Even though the mirror blinds work great I cover lots of country and only carry a couple decoys in my pack.

• Sitka Gear