bowhunter55 18-Aug-17
ARROWONEPY 18-Aug-17
XbowfromNY 18-Aug-17
APauls 18-Aug-17
ARROWONEPY 18-Aug-17
ahunter55 18-Aug-17
Lee 18-Aug-17
17-Aug-17
All, What is your favorite arrow shaft for fixed blade broadheads? I'm shooting 125 grain vented VPA's. Love the head and want to build a great shooting arrow around it. I see some advertisements for arrows specifically made for great broadhead flight. Hoping to narrow down the selections so I don't break the bank.

Thanks,

Lee

17-Aug-17
I added the 5mm FMJ for my elk (larger than whitetail) set up. Got the weight I was looking for and they tuned great and flight with ViperTricks spot on. Very happy with them. May have to try them out on WT this year.

17-Aug-17
The one that is the right spine for your set-up! No other single thing with your arrow is as important as this!

17-Aug-17
What Brotsky said. I love my Easton Full Metal Jackets.

17-Aug-17
Elk-340 Easton FMJ. Slick tricks, Exodus, Magnus 4 Blade Stinger, 4 blade Hornet all fly great. A Rage Trypan will be on my deer arrow this October. They look pretty tough.

17-Aug-17

Lee's Link
All, Here is one that advertises broadhead accuracy. $90 for 6 arrows. I agree on the spine but am sure there are better arrows/brands than others. When I see ads like these I wonder if they're worth it?

Thanks,

Lee

17-Aug-17
I love the Carbon Express Maxima Red (they're also a sponsor). I tip them with a SlicktTrick Magnum 125 grn. Zero complaints.

17-Aug-17
Easton ACC.....have tried others but always end up back here

17-Aug-17
second ACC's, far and away the best shaft I ever used.

17-Aug-17
Carbon Express Red SD.... small diameter with a steel half out outsert.

17-Aug-17
Been a fan of my 475gr fmjs for years. Tried the black eagle rampage with stainless half outs weighing at 430gr. Black eagle continously out penetrates the fmjs by 2-3" at 40yds. Black eagles shoot great with exodus heads out to 100yds no prob.

18-Aug-17
I saw on you tube where Black eagle is the straightest arrow . Some arrows need to be cut on both ends to find straightest part of arrow, Black eagle only need to be cut on one end because they are straight all they through shaft . I shoot Gold Tips now , bot if I was going to switch , I would try Black eagle .

18-Aug-17
Goldtip Pierce

18-Aug-17
Many great options out there. The two best arrows all things considered are Easton and Gold Tip, IMHO. I believe CX are overpriced and I believe BE are somewhat fragile. I am not worried about shooting a Gold Tip or an Easton through my hand.

18-Aug-17
The arrow isn't as important as a well tuned bow. Any quality arrow will do if your bow and your form are good. I get good flight out of my Beman ICS Hunters and GT XT Hunters.

18-Aug-17
fmj

18-Aug-17
Count me in the FMJ camp and I use vpa 125s also. But I always chuckle at these threads that ask what is the "best" piece of gear as that is purely a subjective determination and no one ia testing all these objectively.

18-Aug-17
FMJ Injexion with Slick Trick D6 or Ramcat D6 broadheads.

18-Aug-17
ACC 300 OR FMF340 WITH THE RIP300 ALUMINUM INSERT with a 125 slick trick

18-Aug-17
Victory Gamer RIP 400 V3 with 100 gr Slick Tricks for me.

18-Aug-17
if your setup doesn't shoot fixed blade heads, the brand of the arrow isn't the problem. It is elsewhere.

That being said, I like the Easton FMJ's I have been shooting for what seems like eons. Prior to that I shot a number of different brands and never had issues with any of them.

18-Aug-17
shoot a 4 Fletch helical helps a lot! i prefer feathers

18-Aug-17

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
Easton Aluminum XX75s & Gamegetters with 3 blade Rocky Mountains. Mostly 2216s & 2219s but I also have 1913s (use for Deer sometimes 395 total grn arrow). I have 2217s & 2213s also I shoot for various things. Woodies for my Longbow & 3 blade Rocky Mountain Razors on them. Did Carbons 2 years (5 animals) & went back. Aluminums better arrow in my opinion for half the price.

18-Aug-17
Quite a few posts since I last checked!! Bow shoots well and is new so was looking to get a new dozen arrows. Thought I'd see if I could get a concensus before I bought them. I've shot Goldtip for a lot of years but thought I'd try something new. Looks like FMJ had the most followers - I'll take a hard look - thx!

Lee

• Sitka Gear