hobbes 20-Aug-17
Franzen 20-Aug-17
t-roy 20-Aug-17
wkochevar 20-Aug-17
Highllainsdrifter 20-Aug-17
ELKMAN 21-Aug-17
137buck 21-Aug-17
17-Aug-17
There is no word yet, but if the weather pattern continues you can expect the Missouri Breaks to be closed to hunting. I have a friend in 417 who has good elk and he said he doesn't know anyone who will allow hunters on until things improve.

Even the green looking grass snaps. The ground has cracks extending 2 feet or more.

17-Aug-17
I agree we're into some severe conditions,

17-Aug-17
So wouldnt this have to be approved by the commision first?

17-Aug-17
That's what I am afraid of. I would worry more about driving a rig in to hunt and parking. I hope you get the rain you need regardless of whether it is huntable or not. I hope the ranchers and farms can make it through this.

Waiting and watching to see if we will hunt our breaks elk tag or go general.

17-Aug-17
It is bad, really bad. Let's hope it improves, however the forecast looks pretty desperate.

17-Aug-17
Last year we got lucky and hit the longest stretch of huntable conditions. Only missed one of 10 days. To wet last year and way too dry this year.

Hope this drought breaks for you all.

18-Aug-17
And yet ranchers are running all over blm leases with ATV's. I doubt my boots and recurve are going to be much of a fire hazard. I'm going hunting.

18-Aug-17
Tradmt-You've hit the nail on the head.

18-Aug-17
What a great time to find a water hole and sit on it!

18-Aug-17
I'd be with trad-mt if I lived there. Never seen a spark cone from the exhaust end of me. I'd go hunting. Be smart about it. No fires or such. But, if they close the breaks to hunting, it's just a great example why the government shouldn't have management of public lands.

18-Aug-17
WV Mountaineer, and if the gov't doesn't manage the public lands who should?

Hope the weather breaks for you guys up north.

18-Aug-17
Everything I hear is that they are going to leave it up to private landowners and abide by fire restrictions on public land. But two more weeks of this crap and they may change their tune. Some rain would be nice. Please!

18-Aug-17

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
Well after fighting for my house the last few days . Hunting season is the last thing we are worried about. Please pray for us . Hunt

18-Aug-17

Take a look at trad-mt's post. Can you not see that there is an obvious slant to any government organization closing publi used land to some users but, not to others? That's what my post was about. Not handing management to another entity.

Hunt, I'm praying for you guys

18-Aug-17
ATV's are not a big issue if you have not removed the spark arrestor. My modern diesel with the cleanup cycle and catalytic converters on gas engines are, but mostly it's that there is always a percentage of people who are not careful.

There's a big difference in the public attitude towards our ranchers trying to make a living and keeping their cattle alive than there is towards our privilege to hunt in dangerous fire conditions.

18-Aug-17
Hunt, praying for rain for you all. Wish I could send some from Ohio. We are not flooding like some of the Midwest but It looks green as June here and I bet I didn't water the garden 5 times this summer.

I have had to work around closures in Colorado before. No overnight camping and in some cases road closures. LKH yeah the Regen on my truck worries me in those conditions.

18-Aug-17
Praying for you Hunt. Seeing that photo gives a man pause. The thought missing an elk hunt pales in comparison.

18-Aug-17
Yeah, the Good Lord has a way of putting things into perspective! ;-)

Praying for all you guys in Big Sky country!

18-Aug-17
That's crazy! I wish I could send you guys some of this rain we've been getting here in Oklahoma. I'm still mowing my yard every third or fourth day. Normally mowing about every 7-10 days in August.

Hope and pray you guys get some rain, very soon!

18-Aug-17
Praying for you Hunt !!

18-Aug-17
Praying for you guys Hunt

18-Aug-17
Dang, guys....prayers sent. Hope things turn around soon.

18-Aug-17
I'm not sure on what WV Mountaineer's logic is. So when you turn the land over to the states, and they sell it off to the Ted Turner's of the world, how much hunting will you be allowed to do then even in perfect conditions? Besides even if the states didn't sell it off because they can't afford to manage it, it is the state that cancels hunting seasons anyway due to fires.

18-Aug-17

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Montana is getting hit hard with the too much lightening, lack of rain and fast moving fires. This is behind the air field in Seeley Lake. It blew up again today with the winds. They're up to 12,800-something acres. It's supposed to grow more tomorrow.

18-Aug-17
You and your family are in my family's thoughts and prayers Hunt. Please let us know that all is well when the threat has passed and you have time.

19-Aug-17

House is good but they made us leave. Thanks for all the prayers. Keep them coming still Lots of folks In danger. Saw this sign while out lope hunting today. Hunt

20-Aug-17
Hunt- What part of the state was that sign in?

20-Aug-17
Hunt and fellow Montana res prayers sent from me.. I was in your shoes a few years ago and it sucks. Hope they get knocked down/put out in one way or another.

20-Aug-17
400s

20-Aug-17
The Lolo Peak fire is a monster. Been watching that fire every day for about a month now. We need rain, snow, but the forecast is about the same every day, only thing that changes is the amount of wind. Hunt, you in the Bitterroot? Turning into a full scale military operation down there. Let me know if there's any way we can help from Missoula.

20-Aug-17
Yes I live in Florence. It's super scary. Pray for rain

20-Aug-17
Praying for you and all the folks there HUNT.

We, the Helena area, have been fortunate so far.

20-Aug-17
Dang, Hunt Man. Glad everything is OK at your place for the time being. Hoping for the best possible outcome for you and the rest of those affected by fires moving forward.

20-Aug-17
Thoughts and prayers sent for ya, Hunt, as well as the all others in harms way.

Our dry conditions here in Iowa truly pale in comparison the the situation out west.

20-Aug-17
The entire NW is on fire....rain dance is in order. Praying for you all!! Here's the current map of large incident fires https://fsapps.nwcg.gov/

20-Aug-17
I'm sitting on a Bighorn sheep tag ! I can't run the river in my jet boat until September 15th. I got permission to hunt but that may change by September 2nd the archery opener.

21-Aug-17
Prayers are with you Hunter.

21-Aug-17
Hunt Man, sending you a PM.

• Sitka Gear