elk yinzer 18-Aug-17
Inshart 18-Aug-17
WapitiBob 18-Aug-17
JL 18-Aug-17
Spookinelk 18-Aug-17
Inshart 19-Aug-17
WapitiBob 19-Aug-17
18-Aug-17
For whatever reason, unknown to me, all the sudden my "Google Earth" changed to "Google Earth Pro" and now non of my Polygon's are showing up. I have all my wallows marked with them in blue.

I've tried adding more and when I hit save - no color comes out.

Ideas anyone?

18-Aug-17
My GE updated yesterday too. Not sure about loosing your saved marks though.

18-Aug-17
When you create a polygon, click on the tab for altitude. Make sure it is set to "Clamped to Ground" . If it's not it can draw it at some crazy altitude that is below or way above ground. That's the only thing I can think of.

18-Aug-17
Also, if you saved "My Places" before, you should have a file somewhere on your computer with all those polygons. If you didn't I recommend starting to do that. If it crashes and you lose data you would still have it saved.

18-Aug-17
May have to reload your files. I back mine up religiously. Google where they typically are on the c:// drive and you should be able to find the process described better than I can.

18-Aug-17
Well looks like I might be screwed.

Did some checking via going into Google Earth Help - turns out the system was updated (down graded) from google earth to google earth pro and for those using older versions of Windows 7 - you will simple be out some of your saved data.

Looks like I will have to go in and use a different method of marking all my wallows, and other places I saved using a polygon.

Oh well - "it is what it is"

18-Aug-17
Might be a backup in the folder. Use google to find the file location and see if there's one there.

Then, use google to show you how to edit the registry and change the location of your ge data to a folder you back up so this doesn't happen again. I'm out scouting so I can't post those file paths.

18-Aug-17
I have Win 10 and mine updated to GE Pro.

18-Aug-17
Search your computer for .KMZ files, you should have one with your data on it if you have been saving your work.

19-Aug-17
Thanks for the suggestions - it wasn't as bad as I thought and only took me about 2 hours to go in and change all my "Polygon" markers using the "path" icon instead. Done & done.

I'm going to pick up a thumb drive and save everything on that (should have been doing that all along) good wake up call for me.

19-Aug-17
Back up that GPS while you're at it.

• Sitka Gear