jordanathome 19-Aug-17
yooper89 19-Aug-17
jordanathome 19-Aug-17
jordanathome 19-Aug-17
jordanathome 19-Aug-17
19-Aug-17

jordanathome's embedded Photo
Had a decent bull pop out in this new spot at 8pm. I was a mile away so the 10x42's let me enjoy seeing him but not powerful enough to tell how big a bull he was, but looked like a shooter. Hope he hangs around 8 more days.........I'd like to snug up in those aspen and wait for him if the wind/thermals would allow it. Got some blurry pics....135mm lens zoomed all the way out. 7 more days and a wake up and hope to pull the string back and drop it on a dude like this one!

19-Aug-17

Found a pic of a wallow I found but hadn't posted before.

19-Aug-17
Nice! I went up scouting two weekends ago into the wilderness area I plan to hunt. Saw 4 bulls grouped together. 3 of which I would estimate around the 300" mark, the fourth, around 250-260. It was the only trip I was able to make scouting and I know a lot can change in a few weeks, but really looking forward to the 10 days I've allotted for archery this fall.

After last year's debacle, I'm feeling blessed to have the time to get out and enjoy it this fall.

Good luck this year, Jordan!

19-Aug-17
Thanks! Same to you. I go 4 days over the opener then back for 9 more over the labor day week. Plus I have 3 different spots I can run to after work and get in a decent evening hunt if I'm still not tagged out by the 10th.

Today I am taking the family up to RMNP to drive up Old Fall River Rd to the Alpine Overlook. Hope to see some booners up there and imagine shot placement. LOL

Will take the D3300 and hope to get some non-blurry pics of RMNP pigs.

19-Aug-17
welp......RMNP was nearly devoid of animals. Saw 4 deer and maybe 17-24 elk and all at a good distance. Granted we went up old fall river rd then back down trail ridge and out the north entrance past sheep lakes and did not get over to Moraine Park where the cow elk hang out.....so maybe everyone moved over there for the Sept. orgy. dunno. Fewest animals I ever saw in RMNP though....not an elk in town. I think the bastages are avoiding me........don't blame 'em .

19-Aug-17

• Sitka Gear