Sitka Gear
Picture fixing 2017
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
t-roy 22-Aug-17
smarba 22-Aug-17
ChasingFAHL 22-Aug-17
22-Aug-17
JIMBOW might be out whacking stuff himself!

22-Aug-17
Although I'm sure you realize it now, it's worth reiterating for others: it's much easier to take a lot of extra time prepping in the field to make good photos in the first place than to try and clean them up later.

One thing I've found that works well for blood is to dust it with dirt. Dry dirt or sand is best. It may take a few applications and wipings but you can cover a heap of mess and pretty well make it invisible by doing this. (Because very often we don't have access to loads of clean water for washing things in the field.)

I go overboard with posing, positioning & taking trophy photos. I take 50-100 trophy photos from various angles etc. to end up with a couple that turn out the best. Trying to see how they look on the camera screen in bright light can be tough, so when in doubt I take more!

Another tip is to get the camera as close to the ground as possible. For some reason pics look way better with some sky in the background. This will mean cutting/pulling grass, weeds, etc. in front of your trophy to be sure those don't show up in the foreground.

Best of luck to all this fall season!

22-Aug-17
Send me what you need fixed and I can take a look at it!

• Sitka Gear