coelker 24-Aug-17
jordanathome 24-Aug-17
bahrens13 24-Aug-17
bahrens13 26-Aug-17
elkmo 27-Aug-17
DarrylDunsloppy 27-Aug-17
bahrens13 28-Aug-17
24-Aug-17
Hey guys first time posting to the forum, I was looking for any info on area 34 in Colorado. Got excited with the leftover list and got a tag for the area but never stepped foot in it. Got a map and and plan on doing some scouting but any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

24-Aug-17
Crickets lol Looking positive

24-Aug-17
It is a hard unit crowded with not many deer. I have never had the tag personally but it is always my back up to my back up, to my back up. The country is thick steep and deep or it is really easy access. There is a reason why the unit consistently is drawn as 3rd and 4th choices on all seasons and usually left overs.

There are deer there. They are few and far between. I would think killing a bear is more likely than a decent buck. As far as areas to look. The highest areas around heart lake, etc. Have shep nearly all summer. Owl Lake area has sheep but you can find deer in the tops of Grizzly and No name Creeks. Off of Coffee pot there is a lot of lower ground that is BLM the deer are scattered but around.

Again I have thought about the tag but do everything I can to avoid having it. A tag in your pocket and a bow in your hands is exponentially better than having neither.

24-Aug-17
There are some damn nice muley bucks above and below Coffee Pot Road. Good luck!

Had 2 shooters run up within 10 yards of me....spooked by something.....I was elk hunting of course.

Focus between broken rib spring and the heart lake turn off.

24-Aug-17
Thanks guys, I knew it was going to be a tough hunt going in blind with a ton of hunters and crazy terrain. I'll look on my map and mark those areas. I hear coffee pot road alot, looks like the main drag through the area.

26-Aug-17
Has anyone tried to access it from the west? Other than coffee pot?

27-Aug-17
Your welcome.....turned that tag back in!

27-Aug-17
according to the CPW, it is a biological wasteland devoid of any wildlife. and i don't mind them promoting that ; )

28-Aug-17
Lol I saw that. Seems promising

• Sitka Gear