CO_Bowhunter 25-Aug-17
wkochevar 25-Aug-17
Razorsharp123 25-Aug-17
SteveB 25-Aug-17
24-Aug-17

CO_Bowhunter's embedded Photo
CO_Bowhunter's embedded Photo

CO_Bowhunter's Link
Rarely do I capture daytime footage of mountain lions. And even more rare is a lion that sits down in front of the camera. This footage was captured on the day of the eclipse. The commercial trailcam used was the Browning Recon Force Extreme. Click the link to see the video on my www.vimeo.com/offthepavement site.

24-Aug-17
That's cool man

24-Aug-17
Cool video. I ran cameras the last two years and got a lot of other animals but no cats yet. Made me realize how rare they are to see.

25-Aug-17
Very cool..Also love the clip of the bear swimming in the he water ditch on your page.

25-Aug-17
Wow... how cool is that?!

25-Aug-17

CO_Bowhunter's Link
Vids, my primary focus is capturing footage of mountain lions. When I started focusing on this species about a decade ago I'd capture footage every few months. Now, after thousands of hours in the field and learning all I can from first hand experience as well as from other experts, I'm capturing footage of mountain lions almost weekly. The best time of the year is between Thanksgiving and March 1st. Happy to help if you'd like to increase your odds.

The bear was taking a dip in a catchment basin in an old rock quarry.

25-Aug-17
Co, love your videos! Thanks for posting them up.

I saw one you have with a few elk at a wallow, and there are a couple of young males "playing" with an older bull. At one point when the two of them are messing with the big bull I swear the small one runs by laughing after getting the big bull to chase him. Good stuff!

25-Aug-17
Thanks for sharing

25-Aug-17
Razorsharp, it's a sickness I can't shake. This is something I do weekly, 52 weeks a year. I'm fascinated by the behavior of all wild animals but especially apex predators. I hope to get more time in grizzly, wolf and lynx country later this year.

Regarding the elk activity, this year is completely different than last year. Last year the elk were using the wallows weekly from July on. This year they are grazing in the meadows but not spending much time at all rolling in the wallows. I have no idea why. Interesting.

25-Aug-17
Really Cool!

25-Aug-17
Those vids are Great! How long do the cams run once tripped. seems mine have settings for something like15-20 seconds/ video. yours seem to run as long as there is a signal present. Thanks for posting Kip

25-Aug-17
Very crisp video and rare shot too. Thanks for sharing.

25-Aug-17

CO_Bowhunter's Link
This footage was captured with the Browning Recon Force Extreme. The daytime clips are maxed out at 2 minutes. It will continue to record as long as there is movement. I only use the camera for video. The night footage is amazing as well. See attached link.

Also, I only use Energizer Lithium batteries, saving me money in the long run as I get 8 - 9 times the battery life over alkaline batteries. Plus the camera doesn't stop prematurely because of low battery. Lithium batteries last me 3 - 4 months with hundreds of videos to show for the investment.

25-Aug-17
Very cool. those damned mosquitoes even bother the owls ( in the feeding vid)

25-Aug-17
I went back and looked for the vid I mentioned in the previous post. It is the one you have titled "at the elk wallow", starting at about 3:30 you can see them playing, at at about 3:50 you will hear the little dude laughing at his big bro/cousin/whatever (gotta turn the volume up!). Made me laugh out loud when I heard it!

25-Aug-17
Love your videos!

• Sitka Gear