Bigdan 26-Aug-17
Pi 26-Aug-17
Pi 26-Aug-17
Highllainsdrifter 27-Aug-17
drycreek 27-Aug-17
SteveB 27-Aug-17
Bigdan 27-Aug-17
24-Aug-17
I just got back from a mule deer hunt in unit 231 in Nevada this buck put a move on me here our some of the trail cam photos I got of him most within a 1/2 hour after I left the second day I put up my blind the next day he was back 40 mins after I put up my blind. the third day I set from 6am till 2pm he shows at 3:26 the next three days I set 6 hours 9 hours and the butt kicker 12 hours never came back

24-Aug-17

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo

24-Aug-17

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo

24-Aug-17

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo

24-Aug-17

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo

24-Aug-17
Hopefully there will be another meeting in the future. I guess someone forgot to tell that deer that according to the deer experts on TV that Mule Deer are easy compared to whitetails. I've even heard people say they are dumb. Most likely rifle hunters that shot one from 600 yds away. Years back I had two bucks that kept taking me in a circle over and over. Pretty buck.

25-Aug-17
That's a beauty Bigdan. He's got his area pretty wired! Posing for you even.... =D

25-Aug-17
Danny, sounds like he had a trail cam to pattern you!

25-Aug-17

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
I made it easy for him to get a drink

25-Aug-17
Nice buck-------->

Hope the hunt isn't over and ya get him.

Good luck, Robb

25-Aug-17
Sounds like you gave it your best effort Bigdan. Those are some long hours in a blind....but knowing a buck like that is frequenting the waterhole is an absolute motivator!

25-Aug-17
Nice little spot.

25-Aug-17
What a beautiful deer but he didn't get that big by being stupid. Sounds like he was playing you. Nice spot Dan, That's one heck of an effort to sit those long hours. Hope you can get another crack at him.

25-Aug-17
Helluva buck hope you had a good book or two patience is virtue or something like that Lewis

25-Aug-17
Those older mulie bucks tend to be really sketchy and will change up their pattern if any little thing changes. Water holing can work, but it helps to have a long established blind that you can slip into with minimal changes or putting down extra scent in the area.

Have had many bucks completely vacate the basin they were living in all summer with only one screw up on my part. If there is a really big boy in the bunch, usually a 99.9% chance that you won't see him in that basin again that year. If you are lucky, you might find him in another basin in the area, but most of the time they just vanish.

25-Aug-17
a nice buck, hopefully you can get back on him Dan.

26-Aug-17
Nice pictures thanks for sharing. I will be up there in 2 weeks for the muzzleloader opener.

26-Aug-17

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo

26-Aug-17
Hey B Dan , looks like a fun trip with some action but I am guessing your ready for the Mighty Mo. if you see any good rams down by the power plant would you give me a call ? I can PM you my #. Rob S gave me a few ideas and places to look. Thx , T

26-Aug-17

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
It looks like I mite be putting my jet boat in the river at power plant bottom give me your phone number on a PM and I will texts you if I see anything

26-Aug-17
If He is willing to check out the potential threat like some deer do. This buck needs a trap , set by a buddy team . Two walk in, in tandum step , One walks on through and makes a trail of noise off in the distance . You drop off the trail and ambush this wise old buck as he comes to investigate your buddy from a "safe" distance . Be creative .

26-Aug-17

27-Aug-17
Big Dan , how do I pm you ? Not sure how to do that but I will give it a shot. I will have my jet boat up there after the 15th and might go down from the ferry to hunt the upper end or put in at Fred Robinson and go up to hunt the east (lower end) .

27-Aug-17
Click on his name above his post. Takes you to where you can pm.

Good to see you posting Dan. Better luck next time !

27-Aug-17
Nice buck! It ain't over yet!

27-Aug-17
Its over i'm back in Montana getting ready to hunt elk

• Sitka Gear