shorty 10-Feb-19
ground hunter 10-Feb-19
BowmanMD 10-Feb-19
ground hunter 10-Feb-19
trophyhill 11-Feb-19
25-Aug-17

TREESTANDWOLF's Link
Disclosure: I am not affiliated with Iron Will Outfitters Broadhead Company

Not that that is out of the way. Has anyone tried these? Yes they are super expensive, however the head looks really interesting and tough. Check out the link to see the actual head in 3D, pretty neat.

A couple of my friends have their elk arrows tipped with them, I may follow. :)

One thing for certain, loose a whole arrow with this head and its costly....LOL

25-Aug-17
I think they are great looking heads. I am not sure I could even talk myself into buying them simply because of price. IF I were to use one they would be for basically for elk. I wouldn't want to try one on a KY doe. :)

25-Aug-17
I'd like to try....can't justify the price.

25-Aug-17
Buy a pack and send me one Nick. I will be careful with it. :)

25-Aug-17
My only question is why pay that much when there are many excellent heads on the market for much cheaper ? Add to that, the fact that these very same heads have been killing animals cleanly for years, except with a poor shot, in which case the broadhead will make little difference. The most of my game has been killed with three heads, Muzzy, G5 Strikers, and Wasp Hammers, and I only changed to try something new. They all worked as advertised if I did my part. If I pay the price Iron Will wants, the head better have a heart seeking device built in it !

25-Aug-17
I ordered a 3 pack. I used one for target practice. I was shooting into a Reinhart broadhead target. Shot between 50 and 100 times. The head was amazingly sharp. Just a little bit of work on a leather strap had it shaving hair. I think they should work great.

25-Aug-17
I don't care what other people spend their money on. I'm sure they're a great head.

Mark, I'll send you one if you promise to put it through a big 6x6. :-)

25-Aug-17
I'm sure they are solid. They look like a cross between a Magnus stinger and a VPA penetrator. That's said for the price I would use one of the two I just mentioned.

25-Aug-17
They are local and I checked them out at a shoot he brought them to. They are very well made and the design looks like a great performer. They are expensive but I know great elk hunters that wear surplus BDU pants and great elk hunters that wear KUIU. The BDU guy is sure his surplus pants are the better value and the KUIU guy is sure that his are. We are lucky to have so many great choices no matter what a guys budget is.

25-Aug-17
Good points above.

I do like the front of the head design.

25-Aug-17
I am on the side of not spending more than necessary on a product, when there are several excellent, time proven products available for a lot less money. Does the broad head fly better, kill better, last longer if not lost? Then why pay up so much for it? I wish someone could honestly answer this question. "Stop worrying about what others spend their money on," does not explain it.

25-Aug-17
All of that being said, I am happy to live in a free country and have options!

25-Aug-17
Archery hunting is a personal thing, each hunter uses equipment that suits him personally. You will never be able to "figure it out" as it`s a individual endeavor. Personally...I will never even use a Trail Camera. I hunt sign and topo and Aluminum arrows...lol...as I did when I started....anyway to get you in the woods WORKS.

25-Aug-17
Why when anyone asks if they used a certain head does everyone have to mention they are too expensive? Just saying. In my opinion if the head can be reused it's worth some extra money.

25-Aug-17
For some it's not that much money and if you are in a search for "the best there is" it likely belongs in the hunt..... deserves a look.

That said, there is a bunch of really quality heads that I CAN afford which I haven't tested yet. And a few I have used I know are top quality. If this one is better, I'm going to guess it's a tiny percentage better, not overwhelmingly better. Maybe we'll see someday.....

I will say, I've had issues before with heads made out of knife steel. Hold an edge like crazy, scary sharp. But too hard, they shatter and break before they will bend at all. Like a knife blade would. Knives do not have to deal with the impact and dynamic forces a broadhead has to deal with.

25-Aug-17
There's no need to figure out why some people spend more money than others on products when there are comparable choices for much less. Its just a choice.

Now, for business purposes it can be really important to understand why. It can be actual quality, status, simple preference, brand loyalty, etc. There is a market for products that are maybe a 1 notch above the crowd even if priced 5 notches higher.

When I pull a beverage out of my 20 year old Coleman cooler, its cold. When I pull one out of my buddy's Yeti, its cold. We are both happy with our coolers.

25-Aug-17
I started using them this year after learning about the design, material, strength and integrity. Haven't shot an animal yet but all 6 spin true and the one I've used for practice in a foam block is still as sharp as when I took it out of the box. I am shooting a lighted nock now just for recovery purposes.

25-Aug-17
look like a solid head. I think I'll stick with my VPA's.

25-Aug-17
Nicely put Glunt.

I purchased 3.

I admit, I'm bit of a broadhead junkie.

25-Aug-17
These aren't my cup of tea nor, would they ever be. I could have just won the 750 million dollar lotto and I still couldn't justify it. To each his own. God Bless

25-Aug-17
When you figure in what a hunt costs, gas, license, camping gear, whatever, spending 99.00 dollars on what actually does the killing is not a big deal. And if you don't lose them they are guaranteed for life.

25-Aug-17
99 dollars is a big deal to some people. Especially when principle is involved

25-Aug-17
Well, the OP did ask for.......thoughts

Just to clarify, those were my thoughts !

25-Aug-17
Looks like a great BY, but a bit too rich for my blood.

But for guys who will spend top dollar to buy the best (Hoyt, Matthews, Swarovski, Kifaru) when there plenty off less expensive options that will suffice, these heads may fit the bill.

25-Aug-17
Goodness Lou....you are now a now a militant compounder.

This may be the last straw for your leatberwall membership.

25-Aug-17
They fired me from the Leatherwall long ago, but Traditional Bowhunter magazine still sends me checks that don't bounce. Go figure! Iron Will heads are trad-approved though. Even have the tanto tip!

25-Aug-17
I been playing with one that someone sent me. It's very very solid, flys excellent and holds an edge well. Wish I had three to shoot groups at longer distances as if feel that is most telling for me in my experience. If I had any knock on the head would be that it was a little noisy in flight. However not more so then, solids, GKs and Vented VPA..now that I sent the head back I plan on buying a couple of packs of the the Iron will in 125's as I love the fact that they are the same profile as the 100's. These are nicely done and I the quiaity and detail.

25-Aug-17
"trad-approved..." heheheheh, well, then, long as they are approved... LOL! made my day....

26-Aug-17

arctichill's embedded Photo
arctichill's embedded Photo
I've used Stingers for years, but after extensive testing I'm using Boners this year!

There simply is not a stronger, sharper or more accurate broadhead on the market.

26-Aug-17
I hope to put one through a bull in a few days. Fly great, seem to hold an edge shooting into foam targets even better than GKs. And they put the bleeder on the back end where it belongs,

26-Aug-17
I will wait for the field reports to come in. And hope all is find with the initial model rollout. Hope to see a single right hand bevel model to be added to product line. That would seal the deal.

26-Aug-17
"I'm using boners this year."

That's set up on a Tee for someone....

26-Aug-17
Boners....nah, too easy. lol

27-Aug-17
They are actually called "Bone Broadheads", but only after the manufacturer changed the name due to a big push about political correctness. The original name was "Boner Broadheads". I committed to calling them "Boners" despite the political correctness argument.

I'm comfortable letting everyone know I spent the evening slinging boners and measuring their penetration.

27-Aug-17
If I was going on a once in a lifetime hunt I might spend that kind of money on broadheads. I kind of like the Valkyerie System or however it's spelled better for my trad gear.

27-Aug-17
Most serious knife makers I know agree that A2 tool steel is the best compromise between hardness, durability (resistance to chipping) and ability to resharpen when needed. Iron Will uses A2.

Single-bevel is useful for durability in softer steel broadheads but will never be as sharp as these heads due to the edge angle. With a head like this, single bevel isn't necessary, and is counter-intuitive. IMO, single bevel is a trad fad, unnecessary for anything in NA and unnecessary for a head with superior integrity.

27-Aug-17
Titanium ferrule on the 100's, stainless on the 125's and larger....which one you shooting, Lou?

27-Aug-17
Once they see we will pay a C note for a three pack it will be all over.

Better go corral my sons arrowhead box just in case

27-Aug-17
I like the looks of them. It's to late in the year to try them this year. At least for my elk hunt anyways. Since I am the worlds worst sharpener I will have to improve on that ranking with these heads. That's the one thing I like about VPA. Even I can figure out how to sharpen them.

27-Aug-17
I use the 125s because that's what I've always shot since I knew broadheads had different weights. Back then we just screwed something in or glued it on and went hunting.

28-Aug-17
They are pricey but the thing about it is you buy them and have them for life. Backed by a lifetime guarantee. As opposed to most broadheads that once you shoot an animal they are one and done

28-Aug-17
Oldgoat - my problem is I try and do a "once-on-a-lifetime" hunt every year. They may not be, but I tell myself that it is :) By the time I go, I have myself truly convinced that it is once-in-a-lifetime for this or that reason.

This year I'm going way up North for moose, and it's once-in-a-lifetime because if I had to pick a spot in all of Manitoba this spot is prob top 2. Also hasn't been hunted in many years and burnt 4-5 years ago. If I am able to get back there again one day it will no longer be virgin, so then it's not the same hunt. So basically what I'm saying is it doesn't take much for me to call it once-in-a-lifetime and I had to stop telling myself to treat them like that because I'd be broke every year. At some point it had to stop lol.

28-Aug-17
The best broadhead money can buy hands down, IMO. I've tested them through many trials, they always perform. Targets, flight, animals, torture, all kinds of tests. Seriously these will be the head of choice in no time. I don't predict much, but watch and see. I know of a couple of good animals that hit dirt with them this week-end, including a 35" muley.

29-Aug-17

Barty1970's embedded Photo
Barty1970's embedded Photo
Apologies if I'm off-beam here...but as a British bowhunter, I see the US as the ultimate example of freedom of choice; if an individual wants to spend £100 per broadhead, then who is anyone else to say that he or she shouldn't? The matter of freedom of choice aside, pretty much any future bowhunting trip I may make to the continental US will be 'once in a lifetime', so I would look to have my bow set up super-tuned, including 'what's up front'; I read somewhere that guys are willing to spend $80K on a truck, but complain about $10 per broadhead...it's a case of priorities If I was fortunate to live in a country where archery equipment was a legal means of take [which it currently isn't in the UK], then I wouldnt be shooting does with an IronWill BH...but if I'd drawn an ultra-primo tag, I'd be thinking different. At present, Slick Trick Magnum 125s serve my purpose as I endeavour to practice 'with extreme intent', and hit where my FPs hit out at 60 yards [as long as I do my part] ...heck, I may even buy a couple of IronWill BHs for some 'contrast and compare' testing. Whichever BH you're shooting, good luck and good hunting!

29-Aug-17
Impressive warranty, which I'm sure drives the price.

29-Aug-17
"Seriously these will be the head of choice in no time." What does that mean? Head of choice to who? To me it means they will out sell all other broad heads. I predict, NOT.

29-Aug-17

29-Aug-17
Hey Barty....do you have any plans to come stateside to hunt? I realize the travel is a big constraint but once you get here you could do a smorgasbord in a few weeks.

31-Aug-17
Thanks Bowfreak...as and when I discuss the matter of my entering the Continental US of A with those nice folks at the US Embassy and C&BP, I'll be making a trip long enough to be worth the while with a shopping list to match But first, I need to save money...not for the airfare, primo tags and guided hunts....but for the broadheads :-D

31-Aug-17
LOL!

04-Sep-17
I don't have any thoughts about them personally. But after this weekend, I can say that you better have a saw on hand or another rugged cutting device to get your fancy broadhead out of a tree if you get a pass through and a tree is conveniently behind the cow :)

04-Sep-17

DarrylDunsloppy's embedded Photo
DarrylDunsloppy's embedded Photo

05-Sep-17
I just did the same thing last week involving a two blade vpa, a pig and about a 6" tree that was near 3 inches buried in (our mountain pigs are razor thin, disappear almost when they turn lengthwise)...... then negated a good deal of the economy of the effort by snapping my saw blade in half.

Got it back though.... spun like a top, sharpened up and in the quiver...... =D

Kinda liking the SS inserts and the two blade VPA. tough as anything I've ever shot.

But, looking for new pruning saw.....sigh ...... see some Japanese folders on Amazon that look killer.....

05-Sep-17
I've shot Magnus Stingers for years! They've flown true and also have a 100% replacement guarantee. Even so, I'm liking these Boners, although I've yet to shoot an animal with one.

05-Sep-17

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
Once the yoke tune was completed, zero flight issues to 60. Looking forward to a real test :^)

10-Sep-17
Looks like Boner copied the design from Abowyer's whitetail heads--> those rounded points and single bevels theres nothing better for heavy bone ,,, I do like the one piece design Bones doing though....

10-Sep-17
That's a great looking head, solid and COC. I'd consider them for sure but I think the blade angle (relative to the arrow) is not low enough for a 50# recurve. I shoot Razor Caps (for now, they don't make them anymore so when I've used my last few I need a go to a new head), and the low blade angle on them gives me excellent penetration and pass throughs.

28-Nov-17
They look like a very good head....and I'm not one of the couple guys above that are IW shills pushing these.

The question I ask myself...are they twice as good as what I'm using now...and the answer is a resounding No.

28-Nov-17
I been enjoying them. Holding up excellent, fairly easy task to bring back to usable sharpness. They been are par with 100 grain solids which up till now been my best performing head at longer distances. I will be stocking on on these as can. Excellent product

09-Feb-19
So, how have these heads performed in the field for you guys?

09-Feb-19
I’ve used IW 125 vented for two years. Have killed things from brown bear to Aoudad, to deer and some others. It was flawless on everything I’ve shot with it. Chasing elk, antelope and deer this coming fall. And for sure will be using the IW. I’ve used Slick tricks, Magnus serazor sand Stingers and Exodous in the past five years. All performed well. Is the IW better or worth the money, I think it is. If you don’t, that’s ok, use what works for you.

09-Feb-19
I have about a dozen that I am happy to part with. They are new. They tuned and flew perfectly. The only draw back is that they were too loud for me. I couldn’t get past the noise.

PM me is you are interested. They are 100g.

Thanks.

09-Feb-19
Eric, that is the same issue that I am having. Do you have the solids?

09-Feb-19
Im not Eric. I have the 125 vented. I’m not hearing any excessive noise from them.

09-Feb-19
I have been using the 125 vented. Killed a bull elk and a mature deer. Neither made it 80 yds. Both double lung hits with arrow burying in the ground. No noticeable damage to heads and easily resharpened. The only drawback is the blood trails are not what I would describe as profuse. I had blood and didn't have get on my hands and knees, so it wasn't that big of deal with the deer, and I saw the elk die, so no problem. I haven't noticed the noise, I'll have to listen for it next time I practice. Dang things really fly well, even at longer distances, I can tell you that for sure.

09-Feb-19
I do have the vented ones.

10-Feb-19
I have IW vented and solid models. I do not hear any difference between them and any other similar brands.

10-Feb-19

shorty's embedded Photo
First Elk with Iron Will.
shorty's embedded Photo
First Elk with Iron Will.
I shot this bull during the 2017 season in New Mexico. I was using IW 125 Vented. Massive blood trail

10-Feb-19
Barty1970.... get on a plane and join us,,,, you would love it,,,,, I am sure England is lovely, but here you can hunt,,,,,, we would love to have ya

10-Feb-19
Good heads. Killed my elk and a muskox with IW 100g. Very steep entry angle on the elk and the arrow penetrated all the way from the entrance point in front of the rear quarter up to the back of opposite front shoulder and still broke through the far rib. Arrow shaft was completely buried inside the bull from nock to broadhead. The head definitely did it’s job.

Only complaint is that customer service is less than stellar. Tried to return several damaged heads (deep nicks in blade) and they were not very helpful or responsive. Expected a little more on the customer service-side after spending that much money on the heads.

10-Feb-19
how would you compare them to the Woodsman style vented head?

11-Feb-19
Plenty of bh's out there that kill just as dead, just as fast. For alot less. Now if they'd come into line on pricing, I'm sure myself and many others would give them a try. They'd prolly fly off the shelves themselves ;)

• Sitka Gear