hitmanatgym 08-Sep-17
Rayzor 17-Sep-17
Rayzor 17-Sep-17
DL 17-Sep-17
Woods Walker 17-Sep-17
28-Aug-17

firemen's embedded Photo
firemen's embedded Photo
So I finally bought my peace of Heaven.spend just over $2,000.00 clearing it (bulldozer and tilling liming furtilizing and seeding.And put more No tresspassing signs than you can shake a stick at and then!

28-Aug-17

28-Aug-17

firemen's embedded Photo
firemen's embedded Photo
Here's the other one

28-Aug-17
Glad they didn't grab your cameras. Sad that we have to always be concerned with people like this that feel laws do not apply to them.

28-Aug-17
Probably locals wondering what all the noise was back in there.

28-Aug-17
Yep probably your neighbors, go around and introduce yourself, you'll probably meet them.

28-Aug-17
Sometimes I think a bunch of No Trespassing Signs actually draws attention to a property. Especially new signs.

28-Aug-17
+1 for neighbors just checking out what is going on. As said already go introduce yourself, good neighbors are better than any no trespassing signs. I live in rural NE and after a break in I have more no trespassing signs than a missle silo. The signs seem to have zero effect on anyone friendly but they do seem to help with people that don't know me.

28-Aug-17
Looks like they are just using your land for a short cut to somewhere. Not hunting. Will take a while to break them.

28-Aug-17
Looks like the woman may be looking for her dog.

28-Aug-17
Looks like the woman may be looking for her dog.

28-Aug-17
I'm sure you didn't mean this to come off as so confrontational but they have probably been hiking there for a long time and most people are friendly in the country and don't think taking walks is "illegal".

I agree - go say hi and you may even get more permission.

28-Aug-17
... JUST TAKIN THE SHORT CUT TO OUR METH LAB

28-Aug-17
Prosecute, ignorance is no defense!!!

28-Aug-17
A friend in Texas, where it is legal to shoot trespassers, has the ultimate sign.

"No Trespassing. I own firearms and a backhoe."

TMBB

28-Aug-17
Ms. America seems to be posing for you buddy. Maybe she's just looking for Mr Right? Or at least Mr Right Now?

28-Aug-17
TMBB, your friend needs to do some checking. It is NOT legal to shoot tresspassers in Texas, nor their dogs even.

Hell, we got indoor plumbing and horseless carriages down here !

28-Aug-17
Probably are people that have walked through there for years. A gentle reminder that you will be hunting there and don't want people coming through. Follow where they are coming through if they persist with a warning they are being photographed. Don't want to start a neighborhood war yet. If they persist then things may have to escalate. Two places I've hunted has had problems one was because local people used to hunt it and were now blocked. Locks were constant ruined

28-Aug-17
Before shooting as suggested, I would go and introduce yourself to your neighbors. Then if you find the ones on camera you can discuss what they were doing on your property. If they aren't a neighbor them a call to your local sheriff might,be in order.

28-Aug-17
I agree it is probably locals used to walking the land. When we bought our property, and locked it up for the first time, some neighbors I was told would be upset. I put out a flier they could take from a box at the gate which introduced Robin and I and told them what we were doing with our property. We also said we knew locking the gate and having a no trespassing policy was not the historical practice but asked if they would please honor it, as we would to their land. We provided our phone numbers and asked to meet with everyone.

We have had zero problems for the most part. Good luck!

28-Aug-17
I like shooting them and warming up the backhoe!

28-Aug-17
One of my favorite yet most mind boggling responses from tresspassers (after being told they are trespassing) is "I didn't know this was your property.". My response is always the following: "But you knew it wasn't YOUR property, right?"

28-Aug-17
She has little legs.

28-Aug-17
They obviously have to know they are trespassing. They know it's not their land. It has to be quite obvious that the food plot they are in didn't just up and plant itself.

28-Aug-17
Call the local sheriff!! They can't be to intelligent if they are walking through a new food plot. So I doubt talking to them will do any good. Curiousity killed the cat?

28-Aug-17
Like a few above have said, most likely neighbors.. I would not make a big deal of it this one time.

28-Aug-17
I'm thinking if they didn't steal your trail cams or anything else, they might not be notorious. There have been a number of excellent suggestions but ultimately trying to get along with your possible neighbors is probably better than shooting them IMO. Gene

28-Aug-17
Build the wall ! Build the wall ! Lol

28-Aug-17
I see that this topic brings out the best in some people ...

28-Aug-17
To clarify my earlier post. I wasn't saying to harm anyone was just pointing out their intelligence may suggest that talking with them may not do any good.

28-Aug-17
When you figure out who they are... Get your bathing trunks on and an umbrella and set up in their back yard . Have a picnic or play a little music. When they ask , "what the hell are you doing" just smile and offer a cold one. Be nice, but you are now talking their language ... They will understand and not forget . Improvise on the theme .

28-Aug-17
So I get it for those that say check and see if they are neighbors, that makes sense. But would your stance change if they aren't? I have tried the kind approach with trespassers, most of them view it as weakness.

28-Aug-17
RutnStrut, if they're not locals and they return the Sheriff and/or Game Warden should be contacted. Fireman has proof that trespassing as occurred. I understand what you're saying about being cordial. That it could be perceived as weakness. If that's the case Fireman will to need to ratchet things up a few notches. Still it looked as though the lady and possibly the man could see the trail cam and left it alone. Gene

28-Aug-17
Locals calm done. These people didn't hike in 2 miles like you internet cowboys.

28-Aug-17
New set of signs: Active rifle shooting range. No trespassing. / Active archery range. No trespassing. / Trespassers will be prosecuted. / Active guard dogs. No Trespassing.

Introduce yourself to the local sheriff or police chief depending on your locality. Explain your situation and ask what is needed so a LEO will respond to a call if you are onsite when encounter a trespasser and what if you capture a recognizable face on a camera that is a trespasser? Ask the local DA's office what they need to take on a trespassing case. Can you hold someone until LEO arrives.? Can you block in a vehicle parked up against your property? Can you video tape an encounter without the permission of the other party? If you find no one will do anything to write the ticket or prosecute then that is good to know now rather than when encounter someone. Make sure you have insurance coverage if one of the trespassers twists an ankle jumping over your fence.

29-Aug-17
Around here, there are a few pieces of property posted heavily, that invites trespassers, I personally think that its just a challenge to some people. Someone comes out from the city, buys 20 acres, calls it "their farm" and puts a sign up every 50 ft. looks silly to me, posted that much. Someone just bought a house and 10 acres down the road from me, and have 12 signs out by the road frontage, one is sufficient. Im not going to go trespassing, but some people here have that mentality to do so. It s usually the people that make the biggest stink about keeping people off their property that has trouble. I have a sign at the drive of some of my places, and have no problem with trespassers. If you come off acting like an a$$hole, you are gonna get treated like one.

29-Aug-17
When you see a posted sign up here it is guaranteed to be either someone from away or a fed. With everything volunteer up here and the nearest hospital over 30 miles away, we are not concerned about someone crossing our land to get to the huge timberlands behind all our properties. No one has food plots around here as heavy snows make them useless and baitng is illegal except for a short period. Those who post up here are usually protecting their bait sites or salt licks. The wardens nail a few each year. Us locals are mostly still hunters or trackers. I prefer to hunt the big cuts up here and never hunt my 60 acres. It is a whole different culture up here. My piece of heaven is the several hundred thousand acre timberlands that are behind my property. Not many deer but you can track a deer all season and never meet another human being.

29-Aug-17
firemen - you didn't mention if you are near this land? If no, then getting friendly with one or two locals is the best way that you can watch your land without actually being there.

Do what is suggested above - knock on doors and have the above 2 pictures in hand. If you find one or both, find out their intentions and explain yours. If one or both have a visual of your land, they can keep an eye out for trespassers (and call the sheriff) a lot easier than you can.

Saying all that, I would put some cameras up high and prosecute if they persist in going places where you don't want them.

29-Aug-17
It's a never ending battle when you own property. In my experiences local law enforcement could care less about dealing with someone walking through my property. It's remarkably easy for someone to just deny it's them in the picture. And that's when they leave your camera. Sometimes I just find a cut lock at the base of the tree. People just don't care about the work you put in or the money you pay to have something of your own. In my experience owning property is one of the most satisfying and frustrating experiences.

That being said my favorite experience with a trespasser was I once came across a fella who was mushroom hunting in my timber. My pit Harley treed him in one of my stands. After he threw down his morels I left him there a while before I came back and got her. Never saw him again.

30-Aug-17
The thing that's really gets me MAD is that they trampled all thru my new food plot.It does not look to hardy were they are on camera but the rest of the 2 acres are Realy full 8 to 10 in high turnips beets buck forage oats and clover and they just stomped on thru!

30-Aug-17
Owned our property since 1985. Large track of land. People tore it up, called us names, sneak in, steal stands, chased our kids out of our stands on our own land. Lost patience, got tired of it. Had two guys tell me in their stands on our land tell me they had permission from me and my brother to hunt there. You cannot put the clamps down soon enough. To quote Gomer Pile: Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

31-Aug-17
I would not panic over those photos. They are obviously not hunters. Keep in mind that there will always be trespassers no matter where you are unless you build an electrified wall.

31-Aug-17
I ue a paintball gun, you get shot in the ass if you trespass on my property. If you come back a second time my dogs will visit your butt. Cost me $100.00 lasst time someone got bit but it has been over eight months now and no more trespassers so far, at least none of my stocked deer have been shot!

31-Aug-17
Ole Coyote, stocked deer? I live in NH too, but up near the border. The only stocked deer I know of up here are red deer. They get loose every so often and end up in someone's garden. I know Corbin Park has penned deer for "hunters" to shoot, but that is a fenced private club. Near me, a guy has penned buffalo and elk, but those are slaughtered for meat.

31-Aug-17
In Ohio it's Ginseng poaching season. I get a few pics every year on my property.

31-Aug-17
Meet the neighbors and let them know what you're doing. Good neighbors can be handy in keeping an eye on your place should true outsiders show up with nefarious intent. It sounds like you live a distance away from the place. You could also hang cell cams and call the local LE folks when a non-neighbor walks thru.

31-Aug-17
I turn everyone in, scorched earth policy for me.

31-Aug-17
We just had a bunch of ground logged, they built a nice road through the center of this piece. I disced and planted the road sundAy. Monday there was several sets of tire tracks going through on my new seeding. I'm sure it was neighbors Checking things out....made me want to drive across their bean fields!! Cables are going up this weekend.

It's always best to get along but some people make it aweful hard!!

31-Aug-17
Question, What if you shoot an wound a deer. It then goes on their property. Are you going to go on their property to retrieve it or go to their house an ask for permission? What if they tell you NO? Are you going to be a butthead an go after that animal anyways. Or start an argument with them, even after you caused legal problems with them. I don't own property, But I asked farmers for permission to hunt. The 2 properties that I hunt in Ohio has just over 1000 acres. Nobody else has ever asked. But, during the summer, I do farm work for them. The one this year I did a bunch of welding for him. The welding job would have cost him over 500.00. So, I still find it funny that you guys spend all this money to hunt for deer or turkey. Only to have the price of that animal be 20-30 dollars per pound.

31-Aug-17
Take care of the issue ASAP. My experience with trespassers has always been "they just don't get it" so you have to hammer from the first time on.

08-Sep-17
I second Deerplotter We have seen lots of trespassers on our leased farm. I originally thought that it was just people walking through, looking for mushrooms, short cut, blah blah blah. ..... Then we had 2 deer poached as did the neighbor. They were kind enough to leave the carcass at our main gate though! They were found on the property by the renter of the home on the farm and proceeded to fire off a muzzleloader in their general direction claiming that they just saw a deer as well. Also found a stolen side by side on our property as well. We had lots of trouble our first year there.

Finally decided to take a stronger stance. We got our local game warden involved and things have been much better since. We did some heavy posting as well as satellite cams. We chase down any trespassers and they get 1 warning, next time they deal with the warden.

17-Sep-17

Rayzor's embedded Photo
Rayzor's embedded Photo

17-Sep-17

Rayzor's embedded Photo
Rayzor's embedded Photo

17-Sep-17
Sasquatch raped the last trespasser.

17-Sep-17

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear