Sitka Gear
Fire Change of Plans
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
grossklw 29-Aug-17
grossklw 29-Aug-17
BullPhinder 01-Sep-17
29-Aug-17
Well guys some of you read my WY DIY last year and the plan is to formulate something similar this year and I've already been flown for a loop and an interesting start to the story. The Meyers fire in western MT has officially made me change my hunt plants, it grew 4800 acres yesterday alone and is now within striking distance of my months long planning and also coincidentally destroys option A, B, C and D that I had formulated all summer. I'm not getting stuck 5 miles in the backcountry with a fire headed towards me, even if I do survive if my wife catches wind I'll get killed when I get home anyway.

This isn't a hey where are the elk question or a give me GPS coordinates to where the P&Y bull is. I've spent the last 3 hours in full-blown panic mode attempting to formulate a new A-D as I leave a week from Friday from Wisconsin. I have options that I've skimmed over in 319, 332, and 321. I'm just wondering if I can throw a potential hunt plan past someone who is familiar to any of these areas and see what they think, if the spot I pitch you're not familiar with that's ok with me. Once again, I'm not asking where you hunt or where to go just if you would look over my idea for one these 3 units so I can see what you think. There are one or two that have reached out and I appreciate it, just trying to make the best decision before my boots hit the ground running in 2 weeks. Feel free to PM me, and if no one does I'll still have fun running around a mountain for 2 weeks :)

29-Aug-17

grossklw's Link

01-Sep-17
PM sent

• Sitka Gear