jordanathome 30-Aug-17
Lark Bunting 31-Aug-17
EmbryO-klahoma 31-Aug-17
30-Aug-17

hobbes's embedded Photo
Damaged second arrow
hobbes's embedded Photo
Damaged second arrow
This is why you always inspect your equipment. This is my quiver of arrows with broadheads. They've been in my quiver since last season. The quiver has been set aside while Ive practiced and tweaked/tuned with 'practice arrows'. My standard procedure is to shoot a 'target' broadhead with each hunting arrow, change to a new sharpened head, spin it, place it in the quiver.

I would have seen the damage last season and sure as heck didnt shoot it that way or it would have exploded.

Im not sure how I damaged the one arrow because the rest arent damaged at all. It appears that I closed it in something but seems like Id have gotten them all. Whatever I did, Im glad I didnt nock the arrow to shoot while hunting. I may have noticed, but maybe not. I was able to easily snap the fletched end off the arrow.

30-Aug-17
I am glad you found it. That could have been bad.

30-Aug-17
Ya that's what internet pictures are made of right there!

30-Aug-17
Oops ! Coulda been on the news.

30-Aug-17
Worse yet, I could have missed a bull, had fletching and a nock sticking out of the back of my hand, and still had to hike out of the mountains. :)

30-Aug-17
I shoot the same arrows I am hunting with all year. I actually only shoot broadheads all year as well. Shawn

30-Aug-17
Weird place to break one. I once shut a whole quiver of arrows in the door of my truck. Happened in slow motion, the quiver slid down off the seat after I'd swung it shut. I saw it happen but could do nothing about it. Broke all arrows in the quiver right above the fletching.

Made me sick. It was during my lean college years, and I had no money to buy more either. I think I hunted the rest of the year with just 3 arrows. Luckily I wasn't a very good hunter, so never ran out of arrows :)

30-Aug-17
Nothing wrong with that Shawn, but my routine with practice and hunting arrows has been working for me for 30 years.

Bake, I've seen a quiver full of aluminum arrows, back when we all shot aluminum, all bent at the same crazy angle more than once. Luckily it was never my own quiver.

30-Aug-17
Tighten all your screws and such on your equipment as well. Last year my cam adjustments loosened mid season on my bow.......I wondered why it suddenly got noisey..

31-Aug-17
Glad you found it before any damage happened. My son has hit arrows shooting at targets and always asks me to check them. Twice the arrow snapped on the flex test, and it's always right below the fletching. It scares the heck out of you when an arrow snaps while flexing it but I couldn't imagine it "going" when you release it to shoot. Stay safe!

31-Aug-17
jordan... I second the tighten all screws and such. I found that out last season. I was on my way to stand on a perfect mid November afternoon, when I felt an odd vibration/rattle on my bow. After inspecting things, I found the screw on my left/right adjustment had come loose and my entire sight bracket was jiggling around. Fortunately I was only 100 yards or so from my truck, where I had a broadhead target in my bed. After several adjustments, I was dialed back in and all allen bolts secured. Glad I felt it before I was sitting there at prime time and noticed it. :)

• Sitka Gear