coonazz 31-Aug-17
painless 31-Aug-17
IowaHawkeye 31-Aug-17
IowaHawkeye 31-Aug-17
IowaHawkeye 31-Aug-17
coonazz 31-Aug-17
IntruderBN 31-Aug-17
31-Aug-17
I have a guy I'm thinking about buying a tag from. He's saying it's an either sex, private land (ranch) only tag, and it's good from Sept. 1st - the 24th.

The only question I have is about the dates? He says this allows me to hunt 9/1-9/24, but I thought the voucher just allowed me to buy the tag and I would need to choose which season 9/1-9/14 or 9/15-9/24. Does anyone know for sure?

31-Aug-17
I guess it all depends on the unit and location of the ranch within the unit.

31-Aug-17
And before you buy the tag make darn sure there are elk on the property during archery season as it is a ranch only tag.

31-Aug-17
Yeah - I'd love to "make sure", but that's pretty much impossible.

31-Aug-17
I think the above info is incorrect it may depend on the unit you are in. We buy LOT in 57 and they are good for the whole season. Or at least they have been for the last 5 years.

31-Aug-17
I Have only bought unit wide tags and had to choose. I looked up the laws and it says if you purchase a ranch only tag outside the core occupied elk range then the dates could be different than normal season dates. I would be very cautious of purchasing a ranch only tag outside the COER!

31-Aug-17

IowaHawkeye's embedded Photo

31-Aug-17

31-Aug-17
Hmmm - This voucher I was thinking about buying is for Unit 37. I've heard it was a good unit. Of course - the land owner says it's great and they have 90+ elk that live there year-round. Never thought about the COER before.

31-Aug-17
coonazz, I'm familiar with Unit 37. if you want to PM me the ranch I could see what I can dig up regarding the elk.

• Sitka Gear