stealthycat 03-Sep-17
Halibutman 03-Sep-17
newfi1946moose 03-Sep-17
drycreek 03-Sep-17
Halibutman 03-Sep-17
swampokie 03-Sep-17
Trial153 05-Sep-17
31-Aug-17
He are pulling out the 13th to arrive in NM on the 14th.

Our hunt starts the 15th.

we will be traveling from MS - so we go all the way across TX

do you think there will be an issue getting fuel in TX with the effect of hurricane Harvey ??

31-Aug-17
Most likely you'll just be paying an increased price. I'm in Tulsa area and it has raised .25 - .35 cents, since last Thursday. Good luck on your hunt!

31-Aug-17
Some stations running out in Dallas. But gas is still available. As mentioned prices have gone up .30+ overnight. Debating on a trip to NM this weekend. I think I will still go, but making sure to have a 5 gallon can in the back and not get below a quarter tank.

31-Aug-17
Gas rush is on in N.E. TX. I live in a little town and the pumps were lined up with traffic.

31-Aug-17
Threads just like this one will be the only reason for a gas shortage. Let's all get in a panick and run out and buy up all the gas.

The Phillips gas refinary in Louisiana that the feds are pumping too out of the federal reserve will be able to handle the load if the idiots don't panick over something they read on social media.

Ok sorry end of rant, I need to go buy more gas cans to fill up.

31-Aug-17
My hunting buddy in DFW says gas stations have long lines. I just went to fill up because I'm headed towards Colorado tomorrow. No issues here in central Texas yet...

31-Aug-17
Gas went up 15 cents a liter in Manitoba, Canada. Not sure if it's cause of harvey or the long weekend. Generally if theres any excuse to do it, they do. I'm just glad it's gas prices that I have to worry about this long weekend, not my home. Thoughts and prayers for all those involved in the fires and the floods.

31-Aug-17
No storage, Harvey shut down 1/3 of the countries refineries. Headed down to Houston in the morning to start cleaning/rebuilding my daughter's condo.

31-Aug-17
Price jumped at least $.20/gallon here in the Boulder area.

31-Aug-17
There will be a gas shortage here in the next couple days, but most of it will be because of panic buying by people who should know better. About like the .22 ammo shortage. I would post more but I gotta round up them damn gas cans............

31-Aug-17
I live just north of Houston. I filled up my truck yesterday and drove to New Mexico. I didn't have any problems finding/buying gas at all. I might on my way back, but sure didn't yesterday.

Good luck on your hunt!

31-Aug-17
We're driving to Wyoming now from Louisiana. All of the stations north of Dallas were either out of gas or had long lines. Took me 4 stops to finally get gas. It's been fine since entering Oklahoma though.

31-Aug-17
I would bet its back to normal by the 14th. I hope so at least, Im headed to NM the 13th from Texas.

31-Aug-17
Three page thread on TexasBowhunter right now about all the panic buying. People filling up cans, and even drums. Gonna get worse before it gets better I'm thinking. Of course, my jug is mostly half empty, seldom half full. Is that cynicism or experience ?

31-Aug-17
I go from Arkansas to OKC to Amarillo .... ya'll making me wonder what I'll be looking at next week now !!! (gas) surely it won't be an issue that far north of the flooding/chaos

31-Aug-17
Stealthy, that's not what I'm hearing. My daughter lives in Wichita Falls and long lines there to get gas. Others are reporting the same in N Texas. I hope it settles out in a week or two, but IDK. Seems like it all started today with the media reports.

31-Aug-17
No shortage of gas, just dumb#$% people thinking there is. Looked like the end of the world this afternoon in San Antonio. Trucks are refilling stations as we speak. Yes, because of the mad scramble, prices jumped, but I just went down the street and had no problem getting a full tank. Four hours ago, that same station was out of gas, and it's a big truck stop style station.

31-Aug-17
I live in North Texas. Long lines everywhere, and that is what is causing the shortage. Ridiculous. False reports everywhere. Very few stations have ran out, and like I say, that is just because people are lining up to get the gas.

31-Aug-17
My son's girlfriend runs a stop-and-rob near me and said a fight broke out between folks wanting gas. One woman called the police because the station was out ! LMAO ! Nothing surprises me anymore with this entitled society ! If it weren't so damned pathetic, it would be funny........

01-Sep-17
Here in KY they have raised gas prices 60 cents a gallon in one jump. Some stations went up a dollar but came back down a bit when others didn't follow suit.

01-Sep-17
Yes, we have a FaceBook fuel shortage at the moment. It will be fine in a few days. I expect you can find fuel in the rural areas where folks have more sense.

Have a good hunt!

01-Sep-17
well i'll take a straw and suck it from the center of the earth if i have to. what ever it takes to #punchatag

01-Sep-17

OkieJ's embedded Photo
OkieJ's embedded Photo

01-Sep-17
I wish Trump could step in and do something about price gouging - supply and demand works except for items that are 100% necessary ....... for those things, its not supply and demand, its supply and you have to pay what they're charging.

;(

Maybe it'll settle down in a week , I'd expect it to at least on the I-40 route to Albuquerque. Could always go high, and across I-70

01-Sep-17
That picture says a lot....

01-Sep-17
That kind of crap is not only illegal but extremely dangerous! Not to mention stupid!

01-Sep-17
Future Darwin award winner! ;-)

What you wanna bet the guy smokes, too?!

01-Sep-17
He,s just making sure he gets his. If he would float a frisbee on top they wouldn't slosh as bad, but those Hefty gas caps should handle it.

01-Sep-17
Just drive through OK, you'll be fine. It has gone up some, but plenty of supply. Heard they either are getting back in to get the trucks to fill up, or will soon be. We have a filling location/tank farm/refinery that I drive by every day on the way home. Not even any increase in traffic in Tulsa that I have noticed.

01-Sep-17
In two weeks the world of gasoline will look much different. Availability of petro should be no problem. Temporary high cost will be another issue.

01-Sep-17

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
I talked to my distributor this morning about the shortage. He said that gasoline is in short supply both due to the panic, but also some refineries are down or running low on product. He expects it to level out, but it may be a few weeks as opposed to days. His trucks are running 24/7 and hauling fuel from sources that are hundreds of miles away. I bought fuel from him when I was a contractor and still do, although much less now than then. Meanwhile, I'm just rockin' my new T shirt !

02-Sep-17
Gas here in Ohio took a quick jump.of course its labor day holiday too.they gouge us every holiday.

02-Sep-17

boman's embedded Photo
boman's embedded Photo
Stealthycat, you should be good across the Panhandle. I would fill up in Erick though since it is usually 10-20 cents cheaper in Ok. You should take the loop around Amarillo also since they are rebuilding alot of bridges on I-40 in Amarillo. We still have the guys getting all they can when it comes to gas.

02-Sep-17
"I wish Trump could step in and do something about price gouging - supply and demand works except for items that are 100% necessary"

Raise the price $3 per gallon and you wouldn't have idiots like the guys above hoarding fuel and likely no fuel shortage. Same with everything else. I would rather pay higher prices for the things I absolutely need than not have the things I absolutely need available at any price.

02-Sep-17
I don't know why stations couldn't do a 15 gallon or 20 gallon limit to stop the above hoarding

I'll hit Amarillo at 1 am .... not worried about traffic

02-Sep-17
My brother left Dallas this morning heading here to Colorado. He said a lot of the stations in Dallas area are out of gas. He called ahead to Witchata Falls to a few truck stops, they have plenty of gas as they receive their gas out of Oklahoma. He made it fine to Claton NM, has small auto issue and down for the night. He will arrive here tomorrow without any gas shortage issues. Gas in Canon City Colorado was at 2.45 a gallon on Wednesday. Not sure what it has done since then.

02-Sep-17
Two things really drive gas prices, commodity market speculation and crude oil markets. Manufacturing plays the significant role right now as the hurricane is really going to pressure the inland refineries to produce.

03-Sep-17
first time maybe I ever drive to Colorado and gas is cheaper there ..... $2.49 in Cabot, AR this morning

03-Sep-17
I'm fueling up in Witchita Falls now. There was no line. In fact, there was no one at any pump.

03-Sep-17
Odd...not sure what to think about fuel. Just left Shawnee, OK around 11:00 am and the Walmart had only diesel. That is along I-40. Prices along the way back home were up .35 but they did have fuel.

03-Sep-17
Went to my place today and sprayed gly on a small plot in the woods. Stopped at Wallyworld on the way back to top off the tank and fill up my lawnmower and Ranger cans....no gas ! They had it at the Exxon next door though. Intermittent shortages are what we're gonna see I think.

03-Sep-17
Only places that seem to be out of gas are Walmart stations. Decatur Walmart was out.

03-Sep-17
Maybe because they're the cheapest stations. Wal mart that is.

05-Sep-17
Just returned from quick trip to SW CO from OKC via I-40 to Amarillo then 87/287 to Raton and I-25. Left Friday afternoon and returned early Sunday. Absolutely NO issues finding gas just more expensive. No Amarillo construction to speak of but I take the 335 Loop off I-40 over to 87. I did take an extra 5 gallon gas can on the trailer just in case but never needed it.

05-Sep-17
must be a shortage in NY to because the price is up to 3 bucks a gallon ... oh wait forget it. it's just the usual price gauging

• Sitka Gear