BC 02-Sep-17
SixLomaz 02-Sep-17
jims 02-Sep-17
dkbs 02-Sep-17
pav 02-Sep-17
gobbler 02-Sep-17
Bowfinatic 02-Sep-17
01-Sep-17
How many transport there antlers where they are visible on the drive home vs hauling them hidden from view? I'm headed West on the interstate and haven't seen any successful hunters when I see plenty rigs that have to be hunters.

01-Sep-17
Right up top on the trailer or canopy. Don't be shy.

01-Sep-17
Up top! Get thumbs up and honks the whole way home!

01-Sep-17
Well maybe years ago. Now it invites a game check to see if you are transporting anything CWD related. I put mine away now

01-Sep-17
in view. positive comments 1000/1 to negative ones.

01-Sep-17
Up top, facing backwards with blood running down the back window of my SUV!

01-Sep-17
I am glad you do. Love to look at them as well.

01-Sep-17
I'm hoping for antlers that just won't fit in my cab

01-Sep-17
Typically in view, since I drive a small car.

01-Sep-17
It's been so long, I don't remember....

02-Sep-17

BWBOW's embedded Photo
BWBOW's embedded Photo
How we drove home from colorado last year. 3 guys in a truck plus gear dont have alot of room

A few years back went by myself and took my chevy cobalt. Killed a 5x5. Wish i had that pic. Back window would only go up so far with part of a tine sticking out. Full car that year

02-Sep-17

greg simon's embedded Photo
greg simon's embedded Photo
Sometimes they are hard to hide!

02-Sep-17
How about guys that have to fly. Any tips on the best way to get antlers home?

02-Sep-17
Cut them in pieces and reassemble when at destination. Just kidding. I recommend finding a freight truck going in your general direction and intercept them in your area. Truck stops are the place to visit.

02-Sep-17
If you fly you may want to split the skull plate so it is a smaller package? Most airlines charge an oversize fee and they are sent similar to skis.

I always haul my antlers, meat, hides, etc hidden in my topper shell. It would only take a matter of seconds for someone to grab a set of antlers in the back of a truck and be gone! It's fun looking at antlers in the back of trucks but if you ask the CPW about it they would likely say it is better etiquette to put them under a tarp, topper shell, etc with no meat, hides, etc, visible.

02-Sep-17
On western hunts , inside of the topper, since the animal is all broken down. Whitetail hunts at home, the field dressed animal rides on a trailer hitch luggage rack.

02-Sep-17
I cover when possible, but a good bull elk gets difficult to conceal. On my last elk hunt, I drove from WY to IN with a 6X6 elk rack strapped to trailer (with the skull wrapped). Got several honks and thumb's up on the interstate...and nobody gave me the finger. Hope to have the same conceal issue in a few weeks! ;^)

02-Sep-17
A good bull is hard to hide. I drove from AZ to WV with mine strapped to top of 2500 diesel. Wouldn't fit under camper top. I took it off every night and took it into hotel room with me.

02-Sep-17
I have cut up old HOSE and covered all the tines shipping on airline. Was funny when I landed at home in MI. While waiting for bags they announced over PA Whoever has the ridiculous large set of antlers please come up to the front counter for pickup

• Sitka Gear