lewis 05-Sep-17
APauls 05-Sep-17
Timbrhuntr 05-Sep-17
lewis 05-Sep-17
LBshooter 05-Sep-17
PA-R 07-Sep-17
LBshooter 07-Sep-17
05-Sep-17
I've been invited to hunt in northern Mo.in mid October would that be too early to use a decoy or not.I hunted there years ago around and saw some really nice bucks but that was around Halloween. Either way looking forward to fun hunt with old friends.Lewis

05-Sep-17
I've had some of my best decoying early September. From then on is fine.

05-Sep-17
Last year in Michigan I was bow hunting fall turkey October 21st from the ground and had deer tag also. I had bought a buck decoy and decided to just stick it out in the field. I had several does come into the field and wander around all approaching the decoy and not really spooking then just before dark I heard a buck grunt behind me and a small 8 point ran out into the field he saw the decoy an immediately headed to it . He did not attack it but postured and then walked off to the does. I could have easily shot him at 20 yards.

05-Sep-17
Thanks sounds like I just might take it with me Lewis

05-Sep-17
Not at all, just make sure you place it in the right area with the right scent. A s,all buck will get others to visit, I love using decoys, always fun to watch them draw in deer.

07-Sep-17
LBshooter, do you use yours in fields, opening in woods, also what kind of scent ? MANY THANKS, Peter.

07-Sep-17
Decoys need to be in the open, otherwise you spook deer if they get surprised. Before the rut use reg deer uri e or ever calm. Once the rut starts then I use James valley scents. This year I will be trying ever calm vs1 because I got it at a close out price at gander.

• Sitka Gear