live2hunt88 09-Sep-17
Shawn 09-Sep-17
Shawn 09-Sep-17
shane 09-Sep-17
ohiohunter 09-Sep-17
shane 09-Sep-17
Royboy 10-Sep-17
06-Sep-17
What is your experience with these products? I tried the deodorant last year and didn't like it, I could smell it on me and on at least 3 occasions I got busted while using it. Switched back to scent free deodorant and not busted again after. I'm not a fan but wanted to hear others thoughts.

06-Sep-17
This is the only "scent product" that I use religiously. I have seen deer do some crazy things with nose jammer sprayed on the tree behind me. Some deer seem to be attracted by it, others blow and blow at it then continue on their way, other's turn inside out and run. The bottom line is any deer that enters that scent cone would bolt and run at my scent prior to using nose jammer. My theory is that if it gives me a few extra seconds to execute a shot on an animal that ends up downwind from me then it is worth the few extra dollars.

BTW, I also use scent free deodorant. I don't think it matters a lick to the deer though, it only really matters to us. A deer is going to smell you whether you use scent killer gold deodorant or speed stick. Just use what you are confident in.

06-Sep-17
For some reason my skin won't tolerate any deodorant except for a certain kind. I can't remember the name off hand, usually buy it in bulk. For that reason, I don't use any special hunting deodorant. I don't believe in the sprays. Haven't tried Ozonics. Scent suits are a joke.

However, based upon a couple Bowsite guys recommendations, I tried the Nose Jammer spray in 2015 with an extremely skeptical eye. I hunt bigger timber, and as hard as I try to site my stands, deer will still end up downwind of me. My experience is like Brotsky's. I have had deer 15 yards directly downwind, where I can literally almost see the wind going straight from me to them, and they stick their nose in the air and then go on. I've had them spook. I've had them have no reaction at all.

Last year my target buck and the doe he was following got stuck in a scent trap down a little gully where I could tell my wind was drifting, and probably pooling. They spent almost an hour there. Both of them were on edge, the big old doe spent most of the time with her nose up in the air. They could smell something. But they never could figure it out. Eventually the doe left, taking the buck with her. They were just a hair out of bow range. They didn't blow, and I don't believe they ever knew for sure that a human was there.

I'm a believer, and I'm a skeptic. It doesn't always work. Nothing will. But I'm a model of how NOT to be scent free when hunting. And there have been enough cumulative experiences when using it for me, that I continue to spend money on it. Especially for rut hunts in timber where deer end up downwind.

06-Sep-17
Exactly my thoughts Brotsky. Once that animal is in your scent stream, which it obviously is, giving that it smelled the jammer, it's a last ditch effort. I don't always use it but throw it in the bag when I know I'm hunting a spot that has some variables. Even if they bolt, it would have been no different had the jammer not been on the tree. I have had many unexplainable experiences with that stuff though. Too many to discredit the product. You can definitely watch them react to it.

06-Sep-17
Mt experience matches Brotsky's.

I believe there was a large thread in this subject and discussion about the main ingredients....

06-Sep-17
I have had great success with jammer. The only product I use is the spray which I spray on the bottoms of my boots and the tree I sit next to. Cabelas had it on sale so I bought a bunch and will use it along with ever calm.

06-Sep-17
My experience matches Brotsky's as well.

06-Sep-17
Pretty good experience with nose Jammer in Iowa. i sprayed my boots with it every morning on my way in to me tree stand. unfortunately it was my shortest route in and everything was a travel corridor. I had both bucks and does literally sniff the ground and track me to my tree. One little 1.5 year old 8 point even lick the climbing sticks where my boots and touched. I believe it works more than not. Killed my big buck out of that tree but will admit he came from the opposite direction.

06-Sep-17
I have had the same results as above. Hunt

06-Sep-17
Samesies....

06-Sep-17

sbschindler's embedded Photo
sbschindler's embedded Photo
smells like I'm sitting in a bakery when I used it, beats skunk screen

06-Sep-17
Same as above, I continue to use it. With my use it seems like I get success some of the time where they are definitely smelling something and don't bolt. This doesn't happen if you are not using anything. If all they smell is you, it's a 100% negative reaction 100% of the time they smell you. This way it seems like that first 100% gets cut down to about 50% or so, which makes it usable in my opinion. If they smell the jammer, that means they would smell you without it. Not really much to lose. I only use the spray bomb.

06-Sep-17
I'm 4 for 4 using the stuff . Each and every time I used it the deer blew up and bolted . Got a brand new can I will gladly mail to anyone who wants it ! For real!! Mike

06-Sep-17
Must work, the inventor owns 4,000 continuous acres of QDMA ground in MN:)

07-Sep-17
What works, the product or the sales pitch? What I want to have is his marketing plan!

07-Sep-17
Im sure that deer get educated to the smell and bolt, no different than call shy deer or elk. But the initial contact/smell to the stuff without associating it to human makes it work. Like others said, instead of bolting 100 percent of the time its cut in half. Those that do bolt have probably already smelled the stuff and had a human encounter associated with it. I had that young buck literally licking my stand steps. Im pretty sure without nose Jammer that would not have happened.

07-Sep-17
Yep, sometimes they smell it and bolt. Guess what, if you're not using it they smell YOU and bolt at the same spot. Then again you did spray your boots and clothes with scent killer and used your scent crusher bag on the way to the stand and showered in no scent soap and are chewing that scent away gum so probably not. See where I'm going with this? It's all a bunch of BS. Use whatever you are personally confident in and go hunting. It doesn't matter to the deer.

07-Sep-17
Dang Hammer, I'd take you up on that but shipping to Canada prob cost the same as a can

07-Sep-17
At least the Pit Stick doesn't make little white balls in my Pits like the Solids do

07-Sep-17
I'd ditto Brotsky.

Tried it skeptically, no way to prove it worked... but at worst, if a deer is down wind it's going to smell me - using jammer or not. Buying a can or two per year is small fiddle compared to other expenses related to hunting or my other hobbies, (fly fishing, fly tying, mountain biking, xc skiing... I really need some cheaper dang hobbies!).

The cake taker though, last year at an annual party my wife and I do for friends, which happened to be for the single greatest super bowl in the history of super bowls (Ahhhhh :)) a good buddy who's also the wildlife photographer for the state FW here, gave me a can as a "thanks" for the invite. He uses it whether he's shooting deer, fishers, bears, moose, bobcats etc etc.

While his reasoning was not to different from what the "pro" group above have said, knowing what he does for a living, it felt like a very strong endorsement. I'm looking forward to using it again this year.

09-Sep-17

live2hunt88's embedded Photo
Couple photos of the buck
Couple photos of the buck
Tried it last year based off a few experiences some guys at work told me.

I used the spray only. Sprayed bottom of my boots. Sprayed myself down with scent blocker before walking in and sprayed myself with nose jammer at the base of my tree. I have had deer down wind of me within 20yards in ground blinds pay me no mind. I've had a deer blow at me down wind while in the stand.

That said my last morning on a hunt in Illinois I had a doe come down a trail and literally stopped and licked my ladder rungs where the bottom of my boots must have left the scent. She walked off calm and collected.

I had a decent buck I let walk come in down wind to some rattling while there as well. It will be in my bag again this year.

09-Sep-17

09-Sep-17
It is no different then any scent, even urine. I have had some bucks follow a drag rag right to my tree and others hit the same drag and turn inside out and leave. Studies have been done that show some deer respond to "new car smell" better then several deer scents on the market. I agree that if something gives you more confidence then use it, it cannot really hurt. Shawn

09-Sep-17
Dan Fitzgerald sold Vanilla Killa years and years ago, used it for both deer and bear. Like I said if it gives you confidence and have faith in any scent you use or any rituals you do during a hunt then use them. Shawn

09-Sep-17
Ohiohunter- funny you should mention vanilla. I have been using vanilla as a cover scent for years, I buy it by the quart from Sam's for $4, spray it on bushes going in and when I get in the stand. Have had deer trail me to the stand and head bob trying to figure out what was going on. I don't dilute it, just pour into a spray bottle and go.

09-Sep-17
SHHHHHH... Shane, you're gonna put noseslammer out of business and he'll have to sell his bazillion dollar ranch. :D

09-Sep-17
LOL!! Good ol'McCormick.

10-Sep-17
Anybody have experience with nose jammer and elk?

• Sitka Gear