Franklin 08-Sep-17
APauls 08-Sep-17
Aluminum Rain 08-Sep-17
jims 09-Sep-17
Spiral Horn 12-Sep-17
Spiral Horn 12-Sep-17
Stekewood 12-Sep-17
07-Sep-17
Anyone ever use Tuck Tape on blisters? I used some duct tape a couple years ago, but some of the sticky residue got stuck in a pair of my darn tough socks and when they heated up in the wash it got hard and is permanently stuck in there. Really sucks. Curious if anyone has used tuck tape. Either way, it saved my caribou hunt so at the expense of a pair of socks I would do it again...

07-Sep-17
Duct tape is junk. I use 3/4 or 1" gorilla tape down a heel if I'm getting any heel lift. It will prevent blisters. After a cpl days the boots soften up and the lift goes away and so does the tape. The gorilla has stuck well for me.

Wd40 on the tape residue, generously applied and allowed to soak in. A cpl treatment and into the washer a cpl times, with some dish soap massaged into the wd40 area.

07-Sep-17
I have used everything over the years. By far, luekotape is he best! Not even close

07-Sep-17
Leukotape. Get it at Walgreens.

07-Sep-17
Leukotape! Destroyed my heels opening weekend after not wearing my Kennes for a while, and have been pre-taping with it each day since. Sticks really well and is very smooth, no friction whatsoever. No residue either when you pull it off.

08-Sep-17
I tape using QUALITY athletic tape and I do not remove it....by mid hunt that crap is welded on. I clean the skin with a alcohol first aid patch....then tape. If you get really good adhesion don`t remove.

08-Sep-17
Thanks fellas, Walgreens doesn't exist up here, but I'll see where I can find some.

08-Sep-17
Got my luekotape from Walmart online. Shipped it to me for about 8 bucks.

09-Sep-17
I've used tuf skin before and it works pretty well

12-Sep-17

Spiral Horn's embedded Photo
Spiral Horn's embedded Photo
Amen on Leukotape!!! Got "hot spots" on both heels on a recent sheep hunt (1st layer of skin damaged - not all the way through). Put some Neosporin directly on affected area, covered with a small patch of moleskin and Leukotape over that. Held for 7 full days afterward including multiple river crossings in bare-feet. Still sticking firm -- Had to take my time to carefully peel it off at the end of the hunt. Cannot recommend highly enough. My skin was nicely healed underneath -- results can be ugly if Duct or Gorilla Tape is used without anticeptic.

Cannot put it directly over a blister -- The key is to apply it either beforehand to prevent blisters, or to keep moleskin in place.

12-Sep-17
Also -- must put it on when feet are dry.

12-Sep-17
Here's another little tip. Get some tincture of benzoin. It comes in swabs, ampules etc. put that on the area that you need the Leukotape, or anything else with adhesive, to stick to. Once the tape is stuck, it will not come off until you take it off and even then it won't give ups easily. I've used it on a bunch of long mountain hunts in miserable conditions and have never so much as a corner of the tape come loose.

• Sitka Gear