Medicinemann 10-Sep-17
elkmtngear 10-Sep-17
pointingdogs 10-Sep-17
Orion 10-Sep-17
elkmtngear 10-Sep-17
sticksender 10-Sep-17
Salagi 10-Sep-17
08-Sep-17
I went back into my favourite threads to read Kevin Dill's moose hunt and see his pulley system again prior to my moose hunt and he used photobucket for his pictures :( Thanks to that stupid photobucket fiasco one of the greatest threads of all time is missing it's pics. So sad.

08-Sep-17
Oh damn!

08-Sep-17
I never used Photobucket. What happened?

08-Sep-17
Oh geez! Guess someone got greedy........................... : (

08-Sep-17
That's what I was thinking.................................................should have charged a reasonable fee, and probably would have kept a lot of business.

08-Sep-17
Yes, thankfully few people use photobucket in bowsite threads. Though I have ran into it in a few old threads already. It really is mindboggling to think of how many blogs, forums, etc are going to have the stupid "missing image" icon or whatever in a photo's place.

08-Sep-17
Sad, Kevin's level of detail and overall conveying of the adventure in writing and photography is unsurpassed. His photos were a treasure to anyone planning a moose hunt.

08-Sep-17
Didn't webshots do the same thing? Gone.... Ed F

08-Sep-17
You can own your own website for a few bucks a month. Meaning your own personal domain name and virtually unlimited file hosting that will never be lost or expire. No ads, no restrictions, no surprises. Plus you can use an FTP app like FileZilla to upload a massive amount of pics or videos, all at once. Much better than having to rely on a 3rd party "free" service that might change their mind someday and put the screws to you.

10-Sep-17
Sticksender. The "free" web host could do the same thing though.

10-Sep-17
Correct, that's what we're talking about. "Free" until they kidnap your files and hold them for ransom.

10-Sep-17
So if you posted the photos on photobucket (or something similar), you might still have them on an SD card....right? If so, can anything be done to repair/replace "locked up" photos?

10-Sep-17
I went back and did an edit on one of my Bowsite Threads that had a lot of Photobucket images (had the images stored on my PC).

Takes a little work, but can be done.

Best of Luck, Jeff

10-Sep-17
Sticksender: can you recommend a website company that you have faith in? I might look into that option. Thanks

10-Sep-17
amazon prime stores photos for free with membership

10-Sep-17
FlickR is still free (at this point). Just make it a point to store (and organize) all your photos on an accessory drive or something, and you won't ever have to worry about losing them.

Best of Luck, Jeff

10-Sep-17
pointingdogs, GoDaddy is about good as any. I've also used webhost4life.

10-Sep-17
My mother recently said to me that she believed some day folks were going to regret not having pictures printed out, only stored on electronic devices. I tend to think she is correct (again). I have been suspicious of storing things on the cloud even as the school I work at is going more and more in that direction for all of our things.

On a side note, today my mother and father celebrate their 69th anniversary.

• Sitka Gear