Barty1970 11-Sep-17
t-roy 11-Sep-17
Barty1970 12-Sep-17
11-Sep-17

Barty1970's embedded Photo
Shooting my 'birthday bull' at 60 yards :-D
Barty1970's embedded Photo
Shooting my 'birthday bull' at 60 yards :-D
Seeing as the 10th of September is my birthday, and I wasn't in elk country [but practicing my shooting as if I was], who all was fortunate to notch their tag yesterday [Sunday the 10th]? Whilst I'm not looking to start a separate meat pole thread, as this is for elk taken specifically on September 10th, I guess it's kind of a 'vicarious hunting on my birthday' thing, and I'll really like to see how fellow Bowsiters got on Good luck and good hunting!!

11-Sep-17
Happy B-day man!

I arrowed my RP cow in Wyo last week......missed your B-Day.

Good luck, Robb

11-Sep-17
Thanks Bulelk...glad you filled your freezer

11-Sep-17
Hope you get over here as soon as you get enough saved up for the broadheads, Barty! ;-)

11-Sep-17
Shot a Sika Hine Friday night but no Sunday Hunting in MD. Happy Birthday

11-Sep-17
All donations gratefully received, Midwest...times is hard :-D

11-Sep-17
Happy birthday Barty!

I'm curious if you get to do any bow hunting over there across the "pond"? If yes, what can you hunt? Also, if you make it over here to the states, what animals are on your wish list? I'm assuming elk is at the top, but don't know that for certain.

12-Sep-17
Thanks T-Roy. Alas, here in the UK, archery equipment is not currently a legal means of take, as the bow was omitted from the original Deer Act back in the mid-60s which sought to prescribe certain calibres for specific species and set seasons [prior to enactment, shooting deer was pretty much a free for all], as there was no real bowhunting culture over here. Following the abuse of crossbows by a very small mindless majority, and the adverse publicity, in the late 70s, legislation positively proscribed the killing of any animal with an arrow. However, there are a [growing] number of European countries where bowhunting is legal and positively encouraged, and our own British Bowhunting Association is working behind the scenes to have modern archery equipment recognised and approved [a long ways to go yet but its a start]. I'd be happy with a fat cow elk on my first step in to elk country, with a nice muley buck as well [the MT elk and deer NR combo is on my shopping list]

• Sitka Gear