Blessed Bowhunter 13-Sep-17
Wild Bill 13-Sep-17
Bogie 13-Sep-17
mattandersen 13-Sep-17
Rut Nut 13-Sep-17
Rut Nut 13-Sep-17
4406v 13-Sep-17
11-Sep-17
This is making the rounds. It came out today and didn't see it posted anywhere. Not much else needs to be said.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BY5dsWWj6Zo/

11-Sep-17

SANDMAN's Link
Click this for link listed above. sobering to say the least.

11-Sep-17
It is eye opening. You read and hear about folks falling, not too often you see folks falling. If you listen to the end of the first guy's fall, you can hear him cry out about his hip....as in he landed on it, dislocated it or broke it.

11-Sep-17
That first guy took one heck of a fall.

12-Sep-17
It's been around for awhile, but still good for people to see.

13-Sep-17
Lost an Uncle 5 years ago this November. Fell out of his tree stand while bow hunting in New York. He had bow hunted for 50 + years and wouldn't wear a harness. He felt it was restricting and statistically most accidents happen climbing in and out of the stand. It only takes one fall... and he was in the stand when he fell. I didn't wear one until 2005 and I too quit wearing one because the tether was too short. Thankfully a friend of mine gave me an extra tree rope with a prussic knot and D ring so I could turn around in the stand and so I would wear mine. The night my Uncle was found I call my friend and thanked him for getting on me and giving me the tree rope so I would wear my harness. I miss my Uncle dearly and I really think about him this time of year, especially when I am bow hunting. Please wear your harnesses... use lifelines on your tree stands and a linesman's belt when putting up stands. Your family will be the one who suffers if you fall and get killed. Now, I don't ever go without a harness and I won't let my children in a stand without a vest and a lifeline.

13-Sep-17
Wish I could see the video, but I can't unless I sign up for instagram, and I won't.

13-Sep-17
#1 reason to check all of your equipment stand bolts cable....s, safety harness straps , ropes..... Everything if over 3 years old think hard about buying new harness and tether strap. Equipment is only as strong as its weakest LINK. Don't become a statistic. BE SAFE

13-Sep-17
I just bought 5 life lines to attach to all my hang ons..I always am tied off setting stands and while in them but not while climbing in/out and that is most likely when you fall...can't believe I'm just now using them. I've been lucky

13-Sep-17
Like others have posted, I was "that guy" many years ago until I went to a Bowhunter Ed course and "saw the light"!

A picture is worth a thousand words! ;-)

13-Sep-17
Wild Bill- click on Sandman's link. I could see the video and I have never signed up for Instagram.

13-Sep-17
My friend fell out of a treestand and crushed #5 lumbar vertebrae. He actually got VERY lucky because it did not crush the column where the spinal chord goes through. I watched his recovery of over a year in a body cast. HE WAS VERY LUCKY!!! He made a complete recovery. I bought a Seat O the Pants harness that season and have used it every time I climb.

• Sitka Gear