Wyoming Elk hunt General Tag
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Stick&String 13-Sep-17
Deertick 13-Sep-17
hillbender 13-Sep-17
Mule Power 14-Sep-17
13-Sep-17
Traveling to Wyoming Tomorrow for my first ever bow hunt for Elk with a General tag. Currently going to set up west of Laramie in unit 10 and surrounding areas. Anyone have any insight on areas to check out or where a good starting elevation could be? Camping in 9500 range. Hows the rut activity been so far? With the Temperatures forecasted looks like it should be decent weather. Will have an ATV with me and camping with a spike tent. Walking isnt an issue as i'm in shape and 30years old. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. This general tag to my knowledge is good for a COW as well as a BULL. Is this correct for the archery season? THANKS

13-Sep-17
Check your PMs

13-Sep-17
I will be west of you hunting solo for a few weeks starting this weekend. I PM'ed you my phone number in case you need anything or would like to compare notes once you get on the ground

14-Sep-17
You'll be fine. Don't overthink it. Start off by getting up high to a vantage point where you can hear and see for a long way. Miles! Then go from there. Good luck pilgrim!

• Sitka Gear