kellyharris 14-Sep-17
signal13 15-Sep-17
Zbone 15-Sep-17
Shawn 15-Sep-17
Bassman 30-Apr-18
grubby 30-Apr-18
13-Sep-17

Signal13's embedded Photo
I know the string is on the wrong side right now...
I know the string is on the wrong side right now...
I just inherited a vintage 1966 Bear Kodiak recurve bow. It is a 60" bow with 42 lb draw weight. It is in excellent condition with straight limbs andbarely a mark on it. Can anyone help me out with a value on this bow?

13-Sep-17
From what I can see, there are no holes. I haven't kept up with the vintage bow market for a few years, but if it were mine I would ask $250, I would take $175. If I was buying I wouldn't go above $200. Mint condition might go $400.

13-Sep-17
Beautiful bow! I have a Super Kodiak from nearly the same vintage. Learn to shoot it and it will become priceless! I know mine has!

13-Sep-17
I just bought one very similar to yours (Great Bow by the way) I paid 225.00 for mine including shipping. Shoot it and have fun, you'll love it!

13-Sep-17
Great bow! I've got one of these that's 55 pounds. It's my go-to bow.

13-Sep-17
I agree with above 225-250 shipped. If ya find the right buyer you may get a tad more. I would ask $275. Someone looking for a birthday year bow may pay a bit more but lots of those bows out there so not really a collectable. Shawn

13-Sep-17
Very nice! Maybe start with $300. That is about as nice as they come. They usually have some vertical cracks in the finish on the limbs which doesn't affect performance but makes them less pretty. If it doesn't have any of that as it appears, I wouldn't let that one go for what some of these guys are quoting thats for sure! I have one that is 48# and I love it.

I inherited an old vintage Wilson Bros era Black Widow from my Dad when he passed. That bow doesn't have a price. Too sentimental for me.

14-Sep-17
Go over to the LeatherWall, there are Bear bow collectors over there, they'll likely give you a good idea...

Those marks on the right side near the grip won't help value... Holes hurt vintage recurves value, and finding one in pristine condition of that era is tuff to find because so many got drilled for sights and quivers back then...

14-Sep-17
Once you get a price of what you want please PM me.

I was born in 1966 and would love to own a bow the year I was born!

15-Sep-17
Thanks for all the replies guys...you've been very helpful. I may consider selling this in the $250 range but want to decide if I want to keep it and possibly start hunting with it.

15-Sep-17
Keep it and start flinging arrows,,, you won't regret it... You'll enjoy watching the flight of an arrow... If needed, those guys over on the LeatherWall will help you or give you all the info and tips of setting it up if you haven't ever done so... Good guys over there...

Heck you may even turn into a traditionalist and and discovery the true meaning of bowhunting...8^)))

15-Sep-17
Sell it to Kelly, as I said it is a birthday year bow for him. You can always buy another, maybe in a year you were born! Shawn

30-Apr-18
Great bow, possibly the best bow bear ever made for both hunting, and target shooting. I have a 1966, and love it. Mine has the stress cracks, and i have been shooting it for years with no problems. loves heavy arrows. I also have a damon howatt hunter, and a red wing hunter. My three best bows ,and i have owned many vintage recurves.

30-Apr-18
Ebay seems to bring top dollar for them.

• Sitka Gear