drycreek 21-Sep-17
Brotsky 21-Sep-17
drycreek 21-Sep-17
Brotsky 21-Sep-17
Ambush 21-Sep-17
Buffalo1 21-Sep-17
drycreek 21-Sep-17
14-Sep-17
What bow sling do you guys recommend ? I've been using a Primos for years, but it was made before parallel limb bows hit the market. It works, after a fashion, but I'm always a little concerned it's gonna let my bow fall out. I don't climb trees or mountains, but I do need a sling to make the trek to my blinds, and string/cam protection from limbs, etc.

I've been looking at the "new" Primos and the Cabelas brand. No reviews at Cabelas for the Primos and most reviews of the Cabelas brand says it's a good sling, but has a loud smell that's really hard to get out. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks !

14-Sep-17
Whatever one Lou was using seemed to be really good. I think Paul@thefort has the same one or very similar and they both seemed very usable. I don't use a sling but hopefully they will be along to comment!

14-Sep-17
I used a primos for years. I used to have the original design. It was a good sling it did its job. I don't much care for there new model.

The cabelas sling is a really good sling. It's what I use now days.

14-Sep-17
The new primos version in neoprene. I've got a Cabela's bow cover and don't recommend.

If you can't find one, contact your supplier in MS !

14-Sep-17
Ttt

14-Sep-17
I have had good luck with the GamePlan Snapshot sling

14-Sep-17
Thanks for the replies ! Got one ordered.

15-Sep-17
I'm late it looks like but i too run the new cabelas one. Hands down better than the older primos. I didn't notice a smell with mine

15-Sep-17

Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
I bought the Kuiu set and modified it with a strap. Very light and functional.

16-Sep-17
I did the same as Russell.

18-Sep-17

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I simply combined 2 Primos for basically full coverage protection

Enjoy

Good luck, Robb

18-Sep-17
I got a Primos sling in 2008ish, used it one season and had no issues. Only problem was I got busted with my bow in the sling, I should had it out and ready on the way into my spot.

18-Sep-17
I got a Primos sling in 2008ish, used it one season and had no issues. Only problem was I got busted with my bow in the sling, I should had it out and ready on the way into my spot.

18-Sep-17
Since I got packs that can carry a bow on the back with quick access I've never used a sling again. Carry your bow hands free, and have it out to shoot in seconds. Actually easier to access than a sling, and 15x better for carrying. A sling is so annoying and wants to fall off your shoulders. I know it's not what you asked, but personally I'd stay away from the slings all-together.

18-Sep-17
Apauls ... what system do you use to quickly attach a bow hands-free to a pack and have it out to shoot in seconds?

I'm really interested in an option like that, but haven't found one.

21-Sep-17

drycreek's embedded Photo
I especially like the strap around the center.
I especially like the strap around the center.
I wound up with an Allen, cheaper, and IMO better than anything else I saw. About $20, and it's a good fit for my Elite Synergy.

21-Sep-17
Seeing all these slings reminds me of the time my primos sling cost me the muley of a lifetime. I'm not sure if any of you guys have ever seen a monkey mate with a football but I'm pretty sure I did my best impression of it trying to get that sling off my bow with that 190" mule deer buck laughing at me 25 yards away.

21-Sep-17
Of course you know he was only 190 because he got away........don't you ? :-)

21-Sep-17
drycreek, ask me what happened next year and he was over 200" easily :)

21-Sep-17
I'll ask; "what happened next year?"

21-Sep-17
That bowsling looks pretty cool. Think you may have found you a deal there. I like the center handle idea too.

21-Sep-17
Me too Greg. I didn't realize that was even on there until I put it on the bow. Carries easily, and that's really all I use it for, walking to and from the stand.

• Sitka Gear