Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Pop-r 14-Sep-17
LINK 14-Sep-17
Pop-r 14-Sep-17
wildwilderness 14-Sep-17
Pop-r 14-Sep-17
14-Sep-17
My dad got the call for a 2nd season returned tag. I believe he had 22 pts & didn't draw but apparently was on the "bubble." Want to get him a solid 6pt. in the 300" area if possible. Of course bigger would be fine. Have the horses if need be. I figure if a few guys can respond what they've learnt in the unit over their hunts the last few years I can have a better chance at helping him to a successful hunt worthy of waiting 22 years for. Pm me if you like. I have vast knowledge of the west in several states I may be willing to trade Intel of if need be. Thanks in advance!

14-Sep-17
I hear the black bears in that unit are ferocious. They've run several hunters off their elk. ;) Kidding aside I hope your dad gets a bruiser.

14-Sep-17
Lol. Thanks LINK.

14-Sep-17
If you guys are in shape, can glass, and shoot far if needed than sure. There are a lot of hunts in that unit, with archery, muzzy, Early Rifle, then First Season before. I bet the elk are pushed lower by then and would look at access from the bottom instead of the top. Glass the Pinyon-Juniper country, and old burns.

14-Sep-17
Thank you wildwilderness!

• Sitka Gear