SixLomaz 16-Sep-17
ct wildturkey 16-Sep-17
SixLomaz 16-Sep-17
spike78 16-Sep-17
SixLomaz 16-Sep-17
SixLomaz 16-Sep-17
16-Sep-17
5:45 AM LIVE from Ct*
Good morning Orion brothers. Here we go again. Pics to follow.

16-Sep-17
GL bud! I'm stuck working again but I'll be out there for the last couple hrs

16-Sep-17
Good luck!

16-Sep-17
go get one

16-Sep-17
Way to keep at it ....im in tree too. Just didn't do live hunt this am

16-Sep-17
good luck !!

16-Sep-17

SixLomaz's embedded Photo
Legit live hunt ... boots
Legit live hunt ... boots
Cubicle? Work? During hunting season work is for recovery purpose. Like my grandfather used to say: Work is for machines. I say work is for monkeys who strive to become human.

16-Sep-17
Good luck!!!

I just missed a nice 6 pointer.

16-Sep-17
Good luck

16-Sep-17
Good luck

16-Sep-17
GL Six!!! Machines cant enjoy what we do, only bitch about it cause they cant do it

16-Sep-17
Where are the 3 6 9 12 pics?

16-Sep-17
Skunked on first 7 hour sit of the season. At least I broke a nice sweat hiking in! Good luck gentleman.

16-Sep-17

West view ... 9
West view ... 9
The pics are the same as yesterday. Only boot pic is different.

16-Sep-17

South view ... 6
South view ... 6

16-Sep-17

East view ... 3
East view ... 3

16-Sep-17

North view ... 12
North view ... 12

16-Sep-17
ASAT camo.... somethings gonna die :)

16-Sep-17
First recurve shot at a live deer. This morning around 7:30am a big bodied 6 pointer came strolling from East to West and stopped at 18 yards. He mulled around for 40 seconds giving me time to stand and get ready to shoot. Finally he turned broadside at 18 yards, I pulled back on the string until I heard the clicker crunch, touched the feather and thumb to my cheek while looking focused at his vitals. With a light exhalation I let the arrow fly towards the fatal date. At the noise he spring loaded all his leg muscles, dropped his back enough to allow my arrow free flight into the moist ground behind him. In two leaps he distanced himself from my position. I was left with a cry of victory stuck in my throat and tears of disappointment in my eyes. After the initial shock I realized I am now on my way to become a true hunter. A feeling of joy descended upon my tense muscles, I wiped my tears, and watched him disappear as he walked over the hill wondering what kind of bird touched his back. It was an awesome experience despite the clear miss over the back. I would have probably felt even more dissapointment had I killed the animal with my recurve bow on my first shot. I am very happy with this morning hunt. It felt good to have that 1 second connection with a wild creature.

16-Sep-17

The boots and the bow
The boots and the bow
Had I killed this morning deer with ease I would have dropped the recurve for spear for my next hunt. Bow hunting with a recurve continues. I like it.

16-Sep-17
I've shot over a few Six. Hell, I shot over a doe 2 years ago 3x. She finally walked off as I snapped my 4th arrow on the string. Last season, over a 10pt and an 8pt within 20 minutes. At least it was a clean miss. My misses are usually deer under 10 yards, which all three of the above were. Good luck, I'll be watching for your first trad kill.

16-Sep-17
Good luck

16-Sep-17
I trained for 20 to 40 yards shots ignoring the closer target distances. My mistake. It will not happen again.

16-Sep-17
In an odd way it felt good to miss. I cannot explain it. Maybe because I handicapped myself to equalize both parties chances to succeed.

16-Sep-17
So should your handle now change to forest dweller.? Lol..GL Bud

16-Sep-17
I just bought a new recurve to try to hunt with for the first time. If I'm not ready in October then I will be using the compound this year. I can't wait for a first recurve deer. Good luck

16-Sep-17
I dwell in the forest. Yesterday, today, tomorrow, and the whole next week. Life is good and I am where I feel I belong. I found few edible mushrooms today. Also, by sheer luck I got my hands on an Osage stave which now rests awaiting to dry until next year when I am going to carve a flat bow out of it.

16-Sep-17
@spike78: What did you get? Specs and brand please. You will like it only if you use it daily. It has to grow on you.

16-Sep-17
Good luck

16-Sep-17
Thank you.

16-Sep-17
Morrison 13" ILF riser with blackmax limbs. I'm starting at 40 pounds but I feel like I could have gone a little more. I also have a 45# Bear Grizzly. You?

16-Sep-17
Samick Journey 19inch riser with Samick limbs, 64" , 45 las @ 28 inches . I pull 29.5 so I handle 50 lbs. I also have a Tradetech Titan III 19" ILF with Blackmax wood and glass limbs for a 64", 45 lbs @ 28". Sweet shooting rigs.

16-Sep-17
Today's hunt is now officially over. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear