kyrob 16-Sep-17
kyrob 16-Sep-17
GF 16-Sep-17
Hoyt1 16-Sep-17
Missouribreaks 16-Sep-17
16-Sep-17

kyrob's embedded Photo
kyrob's embedded Photo
This is an area near a creek surrounded by thickets that I cleared out. I frost seeded in durana clover and chicory but very little came up. These pics show what is doing well but it is not what deer like. Should I kill it all with gly and sow again in February or let it go in hopes the clover and chicory will come on in the second year. Can't get a tractor to this area but can my atv.

16-Sep-17

kyrob's embedded Photo
kyrob's embedded Photo
here's a couple more pics.

16-Sep-17

kyrob's embedded Photo
kyrob's embedded Photo
another

16-Sep-17

kyrob's embedded Photo
kyrob's embedded Photo
again

16-Sep-17
JMO, don't use anything that you're not prepared to eat.

I've always thought that part of the appeal of Venison is that it's free-range/Organic, but the Food Plot industry seems bent on taking Organic out of the equation entirely....

16-Sep-17
You can spray it with a broadleaf herbicide such as pursuit which will kill the weeds and the chicory but not the clover and overseed more chicory later

16-Sep-17
I would spray it, then replant to winter Rye and clover. Could also omit the clover until it is cleaned up by tilling again in spring to kill the winter rye and flush weeds, then spray and plant to clover and Winter Rye. Lots of options, whether mechanical or spray, you need to flush the weeds and their seeds to prepare a proper plot. Again, lots of options. Winter Rye would be food for this fall.

• Sitka Gear