Ucsdryder 16-Sep-17
Forest bows 16-Sep-17
Ucsdryder 16-Sep-17
Timbrhuntr 16-Sep-17
Ucsdryder 16-Sep-17
Ucsdryder 21-Sep-17
t-roy 21-Sep-17
16-Sep-17
Heading out tomorrow for a final hunt. Shot over a buck last weekend, shot 45 and he was 37 yards.

There is a good buck with a dozen does in the area and 2 smaller bucks were hanging around eachother but not close to the big group. 300 yards. I'm not concerned with the size of the buck I kill, would love to shoot my first antelope. How would you hunt them? I have a 2d doe and small buck decoy. Any suggestions?

I played with the small buck decoy last weekend and they stared at it confused.

This is in Colorado.

16-Sep-17
Use a range finder

16-Sep-17
Hahaha oh don't you worry. I had it with me sitting on my chest Harness nice and safe in its fhf pouch. The buck was barking at me and I didn't want to make any additional moves. As the arrow sailed an inch over his back I thought, "that was stupid." Then he ran 50 yards and stood there staring at me for 5 minutes.

No doubt he would have stood there while I ranged him. But thanks for the reminder...lol.

16-Sep-17
I have a range finder . Ranged one this am at 39.5 yards . Put the pin on his vitals and at the shot he dipped and ran shot went just over his shoulder.

16-Sep-17
Timbr that sounds much better than my story. That's what happened to me too! ;)

21-Sep-17

Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
Had a fun and frustrating last hunt. Worked a couple different bucks but the closest I got was 160 yards. He was with a dozen does and they don't miss much! Belly crawled from 250 to 160 and ran out of cover. He was breeding does and running them around. It was fun to watch. I put up a little buck decoy and then started my sneak. They never saw the decoy or didn't react to it.

Finished the day with a knee full of cactus spines. Saw a prairie rattler which made me question my belly crawling as well.

Here's a terrible picture. He was big...I think. I studied him for a long time and it looked like his horn length was about 2.5x his ears.

21-Sep-17
At least you had fun, John!

The Prairie Rattler sighting makes for a good story. I crawled up on one, stalking goats in Nebraska years ago. Tiniest little thing ever. Only had his first button. Also found my smallest shed ever on the same stalk as well. About 3" long with a 1/2" brow tine

• Sitka Gear