critrgitr 18-Sep-17
Lark Bunting 18-Sep-17
t-roy 18-Sep-17
Glunt@work 18-Sep-17
>>>---WW----> 19-Sep-17
Lark Bunting 19-Sep-17
Nesser 19-Sep-17
18-Sep-17
Anyone have contact info or better yet, pricing for packing out meat around Steamboat?

18-Sep-17
Elk River custom meat

18-Sep-17
Don't know anything about these guys but I stumbled across them. steamboathorses.com

If hunting public it needs to be someone permitted for your area.

18-Sep-17
My bad that's a processor... Sombrero ranches is a horse pack outfit

18-Sep-17
I used Brothers Meat Processing in Craig for my antelope last fall and they did an excellent job for a reasonable price. Antelope were a 24 hour turn around. Not sure about steamboat area specifically. Brothersprocessing.com

18-Sep-17
I'm looking for someone to pack out meat with horses, lamas, goats, sherpas, trained yeti's, flying monkeys, etc.

18-Sep-17
Flying monkeys are illegal to use in Wilderness areas ;-)

18-Sep-17
Joking aside, it won't be long until you can dial up your affordable drone that is waiting in camp, send it to your location, load an elk quarter on it, fly it back to camp and unload it in a shady spot before coming back for the next one.

19-Sep-17
Lark: You need to contact the Forest Service in Steamboat for a list of legal packers in the Craig/Steamboat area. Packers are restricted to certain hunting units and in some cases even certain areas of those units and they can not allowed to trespass into another packers area. So you need to be very specific about the area you need the packer for.

19-Sep-17
WW, obviously I can't divulge that much detail here ;). Thank you the advice on contacting the forest service though, I didn't know that.

Anyone know about how much that would cost? (I know, I should man-up and pack it out myself but I am still picking blisters from two weeks ago after packing one out that far)

19-Sep-17
Sombrero will rent you horses , panniers and deliver them to the trailhead. They are definitely permitted throughout the area and they have some good mellow ponies.

• Sitka Gear