Shawn 22-Sep-17
Bowman 23-Sep-17
Bentstick81 24-Sep-17
stick n string 24-Sep-17
stick n string 24-Sep-17
Bowman 24-Sep-17
KPD 24-Sep-17
22-Sep-17
I am in the market to get a climber that is lighter due to my hunting shifting more towards deeper into public land areas. I made a bow switch to move to a lighter Hoyt model than my previous Hoyt and I am looking to shave some weight off all of my gear. The Treestand is the next step.

My summit i have now now is pretty heavy but I do like the sit and climb style, I don't want a hand climber. I've been doing some searching and there are a lot of light options but my price range is lower since I just purchased a new bow. The X stand sit and climb looks great as far as weight, it is spec'd at 11 lbs, and price but I can't really find any reviews on them. Does anybody out there have any first-hand knowledge on their other climbing stand models, if not this specific model? I don't need to have a big name brand, I just want something that's going to do it's job for a decent price.

I noticed that Frank the habitat guy referenced a company but I'm not sure if it's the same company that makes this stand. So I'm hoping that the stands are out and about somewhere and some of you guys here have firsthand knowledge of music now. Thank you in advance for anybody that puts forth any effort to help me out

22-Sep-17
I just bought an x-stand hang on. Same thing, I liked some design features but couldn't find any reviews, so I just took the risk and bought it since it was nearly a third the price of the LW I had eyes on.

It's serviceable, but needed a lot of tinkering on my part to make it so. More worrisome, the 6061 tubing they use seems to be the absolute minimum safety wise which is why they are so lite. At 190 lbs there is some definite "flex" to the platform. I feel pretty safe with it but I will be inspecting the welds a lot more frequently than I do my Summit, and I would not want someone using it pushing the 300 lb limit.

My honest recommendation, I would stick with Lone Wolf or Summit if you are looking for something to hold up over the long haul. These are highly reputable companies with light weight stands and proven designs. If you are that concerned about a pound here or there you really shouldn't be ruling out hand climbers either imo. Also you definitely need to add Molle carrying straps, they reduce the perceived weight significantly.

22-Sep-17
Good deal elk, thank you very much sir. That's exact kind of information I'm looking for. The weight limit on the stand that I'm looking at is 250 pounds, and I am about 210 in jeans and a shirt and shoes so I certainly won't get to The weight limit with my hunting stuff for, but I'll be able to see that line from where I'm at… So the information on their material being lower end is the kind of stuff I need to know. Thanks again

22-Sep-17
I would never use a climber again after getting several sets of LW sticks and a Chippewa wedge-Loc stand. Sticks and stand weigh about 14#s and I can climb most any tree and not have to find something with no limbs on it for 15-20ft. Shawn

23-Sep-17
Will never use X - CLIMBING stand again mine broke and fell down the tree I told them how they could fix the issue but still did not take my idea just gave me money back from stands

24-Sep-17
WOW Bowman. Glad you were ok. I had one of their climbers, and it doesn't do very well on harder barked trees. Very light weight stand though.

24-Sep-17
Yeah, ummm, think so.... haha

24-Sep-17
Bowman, can you please elaborate a bit more on what broke? And how high in the tree you were?

24-Sep-17
The cable that goes around the tree has stops and the stop was not crimped correctly so to prevent this from every happening again I told them to double up the last one and they did not Summit does. About ten feet up on way up the tree.

24-Sep-17
I got one when they first came out as they are very light -it appeared well made , but was ackward to pack with the bands/cables catching on brush. The worst part though was how uncomfortable it was to sit in. I sold it and still use my 20+ year old loggy climber.

• Sitka Gear