Ace 24-Sep-17
Chief 419 24-Sep-17
Rock 25-Sep-17
GF 25-Sep-17
Franklin 26-Sep-17
Chief 419 26-Sep-17
INbowdude 26-Sep-17
24-Sep-17
I'd like to have my hides tanned and turned into a jacket. Anyone have suggestions on tanneries to contact?

24-Sep-17
Take a look at usafoxx.com.

24-Sep-17
North Texas Tannery. com

24-Sep-17
Gregg, not sure where you are in CT, but there is a place called Pergamena in Montgomery, NY (Hudson Valley). You can probably drive there. 845-457-3834, Tell Jesse, Chas sent you. By the way, they do hair off tanning, so if you want hair on, that's not them.

24-Sep-17
Wildlife Gallery in Michigan. I had all of my African animal capes tanned there. Great service and work.

25-Sep-17
Urbers in Minnesota

25-Sep-17
Not "Urbers" - Uber.

Uber Glove Company, Owatonna, MN

They will also make the jacket for you, if you'd like.

I've got probably 2 dozen hides from there... just need to get serious about completing a few projects! ROFL

26-Sep-17
For garments you need at the very least a Synthetic tan or even a Brain tan. Most garments are made from Chrome tanned or Vegetable tans. Wildlife Gallery has 2 types of tans which are "taxidermy type" tans....not suitable for garments....although one line of theirs is a Synthetic tan, the other a Alum tan. Taxidermy tans will continue to soften and stretch through use and if it gets wet it will stiffen.

26-Sep-17
I was aware of the options on tanning at WG, but didn't know those weren't suitable for garments. Thanks for pointing that out.

26-Sep-17
Gregg, I've had 2 jackets and 2 vests (deer and bison) made from Uber. Just be sure you get correct measurements and remember measure based on what you are going to wear underneath the jacket. BTW, I thought they did a good (not great) job. Definitely not a custom shop. Best of luck.

• Sitka Gear