t-roy 28-Sep-17
Rut Nut 17-Oct-17
Rut Nut 18-Oct-17
Tracker 19-Oct-17
Rut Nut 20-Oct-17
Cocoon Man 01-Nov-17
mfg bowyer 01-Nov-17
25-Sep-17
First time using these nocks. Shot a doe on Fri and blood got inside the nock. Just wondered if there is a preferred method for getting it out. Hydrogen Peroxide? Soak in alcohol? Soak in soapy water? Anything to avoid that could interfere with proper function?

25-Sep-17
I think I tried all that you mentioned as well as using a toothpick and compressed air. Never could really get enough out to make them work like new again. Will be following to see if someone else has a better way. Switched to Clean Shot nocks because of this issue.

25-Sep-17
I started putting tape over the hole with the ones I still have.

25-Sep-17
Hydrogen peroxide after the shot or plug the hole with soap, food grade silicone lubricant, or string wax before shooting.

25-Sep-17
Ah, that's a great idea! I will plug the holes. Thanks guys!

25-Sep-17
String wax works great to seal the hole, pre-shot of course.

25-Sep-17
Perfect, my Mule Deer nock has blood. I'll try this

26-Sep-17
I tried the Hydrogen Peroxide last night, but I think it was old. No bubbling/fizzing. I stopped this morning and picked up some fresh stuff. Will try it tonight.

26-Sep-17
the REAL trick is (I hear) getting it out of turnips...

26-Sep-17
Don’t give up your day job, Fuzzy ;-)

26-Sep-17
lol

27-Sep-17
Well, even with new hydrogen peroxide, I could not get all the blood out. Gonna make that my 3rd arrow. I plugged up the holes on the 2 good nocks. Think it's gonna work great! Will see if I use these 2 this year. If so, I'll buy a new pack. If not, will wait til next year to buy them.

28-Sep-17
I have one I accidently left burning and it ran down. I use it as my practice arrow nock so I don't have to worry about it coming on or having to turn it off

28-Sep-17
Eddie c X2.

I have a few that either quit working, or got blood inside of them. They go on my practice arrows.

17-Oct-17
Well, I tried the string wax to plug up the hole and got the same result. This time I took small strips of arrow wrap and covered the hole. Will see if this makes a difference.

BTW, did you guys know they make a red/green strobe model now? Not sure it's any better than the original, but it's all I could find in my area, so had to try them.

18-Oct-17
Well, I tried the new red/green STROBE version and I was disappointed to say the least! Didn’t like the new shape of the nock, had it activate when putting on string and most importantly was not NEAR as bright as the solid green! Returned them today and will stop at Cabelas on Sunday to try to get another pack of the “old” style solid green!

19-Oct-17
I like lighted mocks but have not had good luck with them. First nocturnal I shot failef to stay on. Was a pain but I sent it back for a replacement

20-Oct-17
Yeah, Tracker- it sounds like it is fairly common to get one of the three that is dim or dead. I guess I got lucky, as I shot each one of my originals in practice and they were OK until I got blood in them. Next pack I get I will be sure to test each one before using for hunting.

01-Nov-17
I recently shot a deer and had some blood in my nocturnal lighted nock, after washing the blood off the arrow the blood in the nock was thinned out, so I sealed my lips around the hole where you turn the light off and blew hard into it and it blew the blood out past the plunger in the throat of the nock. Since its below freezing here I flushed it out with a little alcohol, tasted terrible. Maybe gin or vodka would be better! As an after thought canned air with the extension tube would fit the small hole and should work as well or better. I think you would need to do this before the blood dries up though. I did this about 24 hours after the shot, but the arrow had been in the back of the truck and it was about 30 degrees out so the blood was frozen and not real dried out.

01-Nov-17
I have cleaned several of them with just cold water, cleared the blood out & still working & that was last year.

• Sitka Gear