scentman 09-Oct-17
PECO 10-Oct-17
Woods Walker 10-Oct-17
Buffalo1 10-Oct-17
Kodiak 10-Oct-17
Woods Walker 10-Oct-17
BOX CALL 10-Oct-17
27-Sep-17
this weekend when i aim and shoot my arrow at a fat whitetail on my property... I'll take a knee when i thank the lord for this blessing... I'll take a knee while gutting my trophy... And come Sunday afternoon when i see athletes disrespect our Flag, I'll take a knee and change it to the outdoor channel.

27-Sep-17
Amen, Brother

27-Sep-17
Me too

27-Sep-17
Yes !

27-Sep-17
Amen!

27-Sep-17
You got that right. Nothing worse than a bunch of ignorant millionaire babies. I would love to see after the babies take a knee and the fans stand for the anthem the fans keep standing raise thier fist and walk the heck out. How cool would that be that a major nfl game is played on tv with not one person in the stands.

27-Sep-17
Boycott is in order.

The NFL has become practically unwatchable anyway...and now this.

27-Sep-17
Already done, here. I'm done watching a sport that is openly allowing/encouraging entitled millionaire babies to blatantly spit on my country, my national anthem, and my flag. Did anyone happen to catch what happened at the game between the Ravens and Jaguars in London this past weekend? Some players of the Ravens took a knee during the playing of our national anthem, but then stood during the playing of God Save the Queen, England's national anthem. Surely all those enlightened athletes who protest the inequality here in America, knew that it was Great Britain who started the whole slave trade business, right? Disgusting.

27-Sep-17
Something else bugs me is when Olympic athletes run around with the flag wrapped around them like a bath towel.and these sorry ass pukes taking a knee during the national anthem,makes my ass tired.I'm a veteran and I stand and were allowed to salute now,so that's what I do.I figure if no body likes it,too damn bad.

27-Sep-17
Still trying to figure out what these clowns are really protesting...............................................

social injustice? racial inequality? what, are they pissed that the drug dealer with 15 babies fathered, but cared for by the rest of us taxpayers, gets arrested while selling crack?? Or maybe they are protesting the cops arresting one gang member for shooting some other "unfortunate homie" from the other neighborhood gang ??????????????

Maybe some of these clowns taking a knee should donate their time and money and go into "their neighborhoods" and talk to "their people" about getting a damn job, and taking care of the children they father. You know, like being a productive member of society instead of a drain on it.

And yes, I find the disrespect of our anthem and flag to be unforgivable.

27-Sep-17
Ummmm... Pretty sure that the slave trade predates Great Britain.... By quite a bit.

NOT problematic for them to stand for God Save the Queen, because their beef is with the US Govt and our society - not that of GB.

So lemme just ask you this....

These guys are trying to call attention to a perceived injustice (and I'm using "perceived" simply to denote that that is their opinion, rather than to suggest that they're making this stuff up). Their position is simply that all is not Right in the Land o' the Free; yeah they're "millionaires" (though not too damn many of them are hauling in the contracts that make the headlines), but we also ask them to serve as role models -comes with the territory as a celebrity-type.

So my question is this: How would you prefer for them to voice their concerns AND in such a way that they can use their positions as public figures to generate an equal amount of notice?

JMO, when Athletes "take a knee", they're demonstrating that they're there for The Team; they're there to Listen. And what greater expression of Humility is there than to be "on bended knee"?.

I'm not entirely OK with the kneeling thing, but they're publicly expressing a concern with the way things are going in this country... and they ARE guaranteed the right to do so. Beats the hell out of rioting in the streets.

Personally, standing with arms linked to signify their common commitment to advancing their concern is a better approach, because it takes the focus off of whether or not they're "disrespecting" the flag, and that would allow the attention to go to what their concern really is, rather than just the way that they're expressing it.

And the player who resonated with me the most was the guy who knelt - yes - but with his hand over his heart and his eyes on the flag as he sang the anthem.

If that doesn't say "I love my country and (in my humble opinion) we have a serious problem here that needs to be addressed", then how the hell do you guys want him to do it?

Just askin'....

27-Sep-17
I agree with what everyone is saying. I can't figure out why these owners are allowing this to happen?? These are paid employees that can be fired for not promoting the interests of the NFL. I know I would be out on my ear in a heartbeat if I did something that portrays my employer in any perceived negative way. The NFL is a money printing machine and this is putting a major cog in the works and I'm just shocked that the league/owners haven't squashed this thing.

27-Sep-17
I used to watch football because it was a break from politics and the craziness going on in the world. Now it has become politicized like everything else. I could care less about their opinions. Especially from people who make millions of dollars chasing around a ball.

27-Sep-17

Woods Walker's embedded Photo

27-Sep-17
GF There is an injustice and that's undeniable.

That said, whatever happened to, "We don't air team laundry in public" attitude of sports? This doesn't belong where they are doing it -like screaming fire in a theater.

BTW I guess this means athletes and owners can bring prayers or whatever back, you know, because it's their "constitutional" rights.

27-Sep-17
GF - here's my take and thoughts. They have a variety of platforms to voice their concern - social media being probably the biggest, if they want to voice their concerns, do it there on their time, not mine, I simply want to watch a FB game. This all got started by C. Kap - and his "protest". His protest is/was an attempt to divide us and its working. To take the platform of the National Anthem to voice "concerns" is troubling to me. Its one thing to protest, another thing to be disrespectful. When you listen to them, they cannot even coherently describe why they are doing what they are doing. Now they claim to want to show "unity" - by linking arms, etc... Aaron Rodgers wanting the fans to link arms during the anthem this coming Thursday night - absolutely ridiculous! This isn't a show of unity, its further dividing us. If they really want "unity" - how about this, stand at attention with their right hand over their heart and their helmet in their left hand - if they did this all together, it would show "unity". This is the same radical, leftist nonsense as the Black Lives Matter movement, Hands up don't shoot, etc... If they want to help society - don't make police officers, white people and our nation the enemy, go into the troubled neighborhoods and stop the black on black crime - that would be a good place to start. This nation certainly isn't perfect and never will be, but it is far from being the racist, oppression filled country of "deplorables" that they would like to make it out to be. Just kind of hard for me to swallow the narrative of how oppressed they are and how there is so much inequality when they are making millions playing a game.

Just my take on the whole thing.

27-Sep-17
They hate the flag and what it represents but NOT the money that respresents the same thing. How odd............

27-Sep-17
GF, I just saw this thread and was going to post my response. Once I read yours, I see no need to repeat what you've already stated. I couldn't agree more.

There's no doubt, this whole kneeling thing bothers me. That said, it has certainly elevated their concerns to Front Page News. As I said, it bothers me, but unless I can think of any other platform that brings this sort of attention to their concerns, although I don't agree with the method, I understand it.

What they are doing is perfectly legal in our country...peaceful protest. As far as them being "fired"? For what? By who? The only people that can fire them are their employers, i.e. owners, and the league has made it abundantly clear they fully support the players right to do as they choose on this matter.

27-Sep-17
Their concerns?

Give me a break. Their only 'concern' is to stick it to Trump.

Bunch of overpaid retards pretending to be social justice warriors.

27-Sep-17
I'm certainly not saying that what they are doing is illegal - it's just not respectful in my opinion.

The media loves this "free speech" - what if a bunch of players chose to take a knee during the last administration because of his vow to "fundamentally change America"? If they are really open minded, that would've been ok, right? The media would've fawned over them for their courage, etc... I may have fundamentally disagreed with our last president, but the thought never crossed my mind to "kneel" during the anthem to stage a protest. United we stand, divided we fall. These players need to build a bridge and get over themselves.

Time to realize this - sports are really not that important in life - let the athletes, owners, etc ruin it for themselves. I'll spend more time with my family doing things that really matter. Nuff said.

27-Sep-17
They can protest all they want. Thank god we live in a place where thats a choice. Just don't be upset when other free Americans choose to voice their opinion about them and choose to not watch or spend money on football.

If they want people to be on-board with their cause, my suggestion is to not start the conversation with a giant insult and also have a clear message of what you are trying to change and what you would like people to do. Joe football fan isn't oppressing anyone and you just ruined his day at the game that he could barely afford. So now he is angry and still has no idea what exactly you want from him or what you want people to do.

27-Sep-17
wyo- just my opinion but being fired "for what"- not honoring the nations flag during the anthem and " by who"- the team owners as you said. I'm all for these guys making whatever kind of statements they want but they are doing it "on the job". They feel entitled to do this because the league they play in gives them a national platform. I had read a statement by the Chiefs Hunt family that basically said "do what you want, but not on my time. Anyone not honoring the flag can pack their bags". IDK if the Hunts changed their stance after Trump's comments or not. I did see on MSN yesterday that a couple of police officers are being reprimanded because they were photographed kneeling with a citizen holding a sign. The reprimand was for making political statements contrary to department policy.

27-Sep-17
I fall in line with GF. I would much rather them stand with linked arms. Had the start of this "call for awareness" been that way instead of on one knee, i think there wouldnt be the flames there are. I know veterans that feel disrespected. But i know veterans that dont feel they are trying to disrespect the flag and what they've thought for and dont feel disrepected. I think the lineman for the steelers, Villenueva addressed that very thing. Just like everything else, some people are going to have different opinions on the same subject, even if they are from the same walk.

As for me, i just dont know. Im not a veteran nor have i ever seen /experienced this "oppression" or inequality that they are fighting for. I know there are crappy people, there are in every type of people. And no race is exempt from that fact. I try to fight for what i believe but understanding that i only know what i have experienced in my life, i try to stay open minded because i havent walked in the shoes of others. I dont know whats right or wrong, i just know how i feel inside about certain things knowing that ive never been in the shoes of the strongest proponents for either side.

Thank you to all the veterans that have fought for all the freedoms we have in America

27-Sep-17
Glunt, nobody's upset if people boycott football. That's certainly their right as well.

As far as a not starting the conversation with a giant insult, I think that was pretty much taken care of by our Twitter president. A couple months or so ago,there were black people killed by a white supremacist. Instead of coming out and condemning such violence, Trump stated that there was blame on both sides, and that there was good people marching with the supremacist's. Where was the outrage then? People were killed for no reason other than the color of their skin for crying out loud. He couldn't condemn that insanity, but he sure had no problem condemning a peaceful, legal protest. Hell, I'd be pissed too, which is why this whole thing escalated to the point it did this past weekend.

27-Sep-17
"Johnny, I have to let you go."

"Why?"

"Well, all day when you rang customers up, you told them that hunting should be outlawed and people who hunt are murderers."

"But thats what I think?"

"Thats fine, but we are a sporting goods store and most of our customers are hunters. Most of the stuff you rang up was gear for hunting or fishing."

"So?"

"So, you don't see how expressing your political beliefs is detrimental to our business?"

"I have fee speech rights!"

"Yes, you won't get a ticket for what you said. I am just exercising my freedom to fire you for insulting customers."

27-Sep-17
Not one of my Bengals have taken a knee!

I still have yet to watch one NFL game this year.

27-Sep-17
Old School - yours is the kind of response I was hoping for, but didn't dare dream was possible on an internet board. Thanks, Friend!

I am not a Vet, but most of the Vets that I know are fully supportive of the players' right to protest during the anthem - EVEN THE ONES WHO THINK IT IS INAPPROPRIATE TO DO SO IN THAT CONTEXT.

For the record - Kapernick knelt, paying no particular attention to the proceedings - just looking like a pouty little kid being forced to eat his vegetables - THAT is (IMO) behavior that deserves criticism. The guys who kneel, but are paying just as much attention as Villanueva did? They're VASTLY more respectable.

But... Seriously? This big flare-up got started with a tweet when "somebody" needed a distraction. And from a Commander in Chief whose wife had to elbow him in the ribs to remind him to place HIS hand on HIS heart? Rings hollow.

27-Sep-17
I haven't seen anyone not supportive of the right to protest?

27-Sep-17
They are exercising their First Amendment Right. They are disrespecting the Flag, their country, and everyone who has served to protect their rights. Just because you have the right to kneel for, burn, piss on,or wipe your ass with the flag, doesn't mean you should.

27-Sep-17
No NFL for me.

I'm still trying to figure out why they're protesting - it's never been clearly articulated. Whatever the reason, there are a billion ways to peacefully protest without disrespecting our flag, anthem, service members and our country.

Maybe they should be protesting the murder rate in Chicago, or St. Louis, or New Orleans, or......

27-Sep-17
wild1,

That is my point.

""Maybe they should be protesting the murder rate in Chicago, or St. Louis, or New Orleans, or......""

27-Sep-17
^^And mine as well^^

27-Sep-17
I'm finished with the NFL, too. This whole protest began on false pretenses. The police shootings (Mike Brown - the "Gentle Giant", Trayvon Martin - "Obama's son-he-never-had", et al) being protested (save maybe one) were all morally and legally justified as self-defense. In the words of Ben Shapiro, "the facts don't care about your feelings." I'll add to that by saying, neither do the facts care about your skin color.

The NFL can go on its blind, merry way. I'll be in my treestand.

27-Sep-17
I was at the cable office today. The lady working there told me that a lot of people are cancelling their NFL package.

27-Sep-17
It's pretty simple (IMO) they are at WORK, if you come to one of my Restaurants I assure you none of my staff will be doing anything other than making sure your dining experience is a pleasant one, or they risk termination. If my workers choose to protest/discuss politics/ on their own time, I support their right to do so even if I don't agree. Protest Monday, work Sunday.

27-Sep-17
My thoughts:

I have yet to see a valid reasoning for what they are doing. Maybe those who say it is obvious can help with some hard evidence.

To me their actions do not align with the supposed injustices that they are "fighting" against. How does disrespecting American freedom help their cause, other than to elicit a reaction? I admit they are getting quite the reaction, but unfortunately the reaction is one of division. So shouldn't they stop with their BS because they are dividing, not uniting?

They have every right to act as they are as long as their employer allows them to do so. So far, their employer has been supportive. However, they have the right to any repercussions that come about due to their actions. Unfortunately, that is the part that the supporters generally forget.

27-Sep-17
Never cared much for the NFL and rarely watch it. A player on his knee during the anthem, even though for a perceived just cause does aggravate me a bit, though. But I was truly offended when our draft dodging president blatantly disrespected a decorated prisoner of war and a Gold Star family. And then he calls the NFL players disrespectful?

27-Sep-17
What if a bunch of guys did this to protest the poor treatment of veterans coming back from wars? Would you still think it was bad? I thought the same way as most of you guys at first. Saying I'm going to protest by not watching football. But I think, except for the first time when Kapernick "sat" for the anthem, the protests have been respectful. Kap adjusted his protest by taking a knee after talking to a veteran. The thing that bugs me about it now is, ok, we know you believe there is an issue with racial injustice. Now what? Instead of continuing to protest, it is time for action. Some of you guys on here have pointed out already. Go to the inner-cities and make a difference in the communities. Get a group of NFL players/owners/coaches/etc. and request an audience with Congress or the President and work for solutions. That's the way I've come to think about it. JMVHO.

27-Sep-17
NFL (National Felon League)!!!

27-Sep-17
Next time you hire a plumber, I'm sure you will appreciate it when he stakes a political sign in your front yard while he's there...... being free speech and all.....

The NFL isn't doing anything right now because they are prone to bending over backwards and capitulating for a bunch of egotistical arrogant self centered prima donnas. 90% who really don't know exactly what they are protesting or exactly what they want done.

This (among other things) is hurting their "brand" and the NFL knows it. I'm going to guess it will be addressed this off season if not sooner. They won't let you wear what you like or write messages on your shoes even, they have very strict rules and fines or worse for not following them. I'll bet they will come up with some more.

WRT free speech...... If you're on your own dime, douse yourself with gasoline and set yourself on fire for all I care. It's not right to do so when you are supposed to be doing the job people are paying you for. That includes your behavior at the game.

27-Sep-17
Aside from the pre-game stuff, I get sick and tired of the showboating. So you made a good tackle or sacked the quarterback, no need to go nuts about it. A bit of celebration with teammates or celebration in the end zone is fine and get back to the game. I just cant stand the fancy dancing, especially when their team is down 20 points. I hate when they get a first down and feel they need to signal like the referee. I see my 11 year old emulating these guys with the ball spin in the end zone and other things and I want to tackle him...lol

27-Sep-17
"A player on his knee during the anthem, even though for a perceived just cause does aggravate me a bit... . But I was truly offended when our draft dodging president blatantly disrespected a decorated prisoner of war and a Gold Star family. And then he calls the NFL players disrespectful?"

You mean the draft-dodging President who got off on a medical waiver so that he could stay home and play on the varsity tennis team?

"What if a bunch of guys did this to protest the poor treatment of veterans coming back from wars? Would you still think it was bad?"

Exactly the point. Trump refused to denounce those who were willing to stand AND SALUTE the NAZI flag (and who paraded around carrying torches in a part of the country that remembers KKK members doing exactly that on their way to lynch somebody)... but he's coming down on those who kneel quietly before the stars & stripes?

27-Sep-17
The biggest frustrations for me on this whole issue come down to "us" as a people seeming to have very little ability (on either side of the issue) to step outside ourselves and see what someone else may be feeling.

That really goes both ways.

If you are out there protesting for BLM, I sure as heck hope you can step outside yourself and look at why folks may be perceived as being on the other side of many issues. Similarly, if you think BLM is bogus BS, step outside yourself and honestly, humbly consider it.

There is WAY the heck to much "MY SIDE" or "YOUR SIDE" in our dialogue as a nation today. It's as if we are playing sport or becoming increasingly tribal at the request of a million social media sound bites a day. And that is frustrating as hell. We shouldn't, so easily, be turned into puppets.

As for the anthem. I was brought up like most here. Believing passionately that the flag, the anthem, stood for something bigger than me. It stood for all of us. It's not owned by the government (they are supposed to be "We The People" after all), nor any one branch of the government, or service there of. It's us. "We". So I stand, proud. Because overall, "We" have created something amazing, in the form of the United States of America!

So I stand.

But if you choose to take a knee. Ill extend my hand and help you up. And Ill ask you why, and how I can help. Because just maybe... That will help you and I live better, and motivate someone else do the same.

27-Sep-17
" refused to denounce" ..... huh.

TRUMP: "Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans." Yup, sounds like he's a supporter to me.... good grief.....

People can protest what they want to. As long as it's just words or symbols.... knock yourself out. Physical confrontation is actually denying others their rights to free speech and breaking the law. Funny how it seems a one way street for some.

Free speech all you want on your own time..... not mine...... I reserve the right to join, ignore..... or call them morons and refuse to watch. On my time.

27-Sep-17
I don't care what your cause is, I am not OK with you disrespecting the Flag or Nation Anthem.

27-Sep-17
TD, if the plumber did that and I disagreed with it I'd fire him. Just like the owners of these teams could choose to do. He's on my private property.

But no one answered my question. If they were kneeling for a cause you believed in would you feel the same way, that they are disrespecting the flag and the anthem and the country and those who fought for its freedom?

It isn't even logical for them to disrespect the flag or veterans. The Union carried the flag which ultimately led to freedom for blacks. And I'm sure they are aware that many blacks and other minorities fought and died side by side in several wars with white soldiers. They are not protesting the flag or the anthem or the country. They are trying to raise awareness to an issue. If you can't sit down and think it out and separate those things, you are closed minded. And honestly, dare I say it, Politically Correct (the very thing we hated about the left remember?)

27-Sep-17
I am not going to watch anymore and will be not supporting any NFL sponsors either. I "may" only return if all teams 100% stand for anthem with fullest of attention and respect. No gimmicks no excuses. Even then - we will all learn there are better things to do with our time and who needs to stay up late in a work night anyway to see a Super Bowl party?

27-Sep-17
I worked for IBM for years. I absolutely had no constitutional right to say what I pleased while I working. I would of been fired in a second. I now work for Ricoh and do you think they would be happy if I went into an account and discussed controversial politics- again I would be fired in a second. This is their main work day and they are representing the NFL and do not have a "right" of any sort to do what they are doing. On their own time they can do whatever they want and say what they want- this is their "right" . I agree racism is a problem but they also need to accept some of the blame- many of the ones shot by a cop deserved it. And Kaperneck with his pig/cop socks being worn during a game and not being fired did it in for me and the NFL.

27-Sep-17
nchunter, you would be fired, but it is still your right to do it. You won't be thrown in jail. These players could be fired if the owner wanted to fire them. They apparently think it is worth the risk to protest.

Yes I don't like the way they are protesting. But you have to be able to put your outrage aside and be able to look at why they are doing it. What is it they are trying to bring attention to. Then make a decision on whether it is legit and justified.

27-Sep-17
Bringing up Charlottesville in this conversation is amazing. First off I a dead set against what a lot of the groups their were saying and it made me sick to see white supremist carrying a nazi flag. But what I think what Trump was referring too was that why nobody condemns these groups that go to these type of settings only to throw rocks and raise cain almost hoping for a confrontation. Look at what happens at Berkley when a conservative speaks as the rock and bottle throwing erupts and all the press wants to talk about is how a conservative rally broke into a fight again. I am no Trumpist but I think the media was off base in their reporting

27-Sep-17
"and do not have a "right" of any sort to do what they are doing.

Actually they do. It's called the 1st Amendment of the Constitution.

This isn't about IBM, Ricoh, or any other place of employment. Granted, the 1st Amendment only guarantees Freedom of Speech, as well as the Right to Peaceably Assemble. That said, it does not guarantee repercussions against said speech or assembly. As of now, there have not been, nor will there be in the foreseeable future, any repercussions. Only when the backlash reaches a point where it is detrimental to the pocketbooks of the league will there be any policy changes concerning this or similar issues. If enough people boycott, there will be change.

Let me ask a question of those that are veterans. When you chose to serve, did you do so to protect the rights and freedom of all American citizens, or just those whose words or actions align with yours? Just curious.

27-Sep-17
I hope there is some good that comes from all this. I hope at least ONE of the protesters decides to actually meet with those in power (President) to actually discuss the issues instead of just protesting. I really don't think the President is UNwilling to try and bring this country together. I just don't think some people want that to happen. The political climate is garbage right now, Democrat and Republican.

27-Sep-17
I sign an agreement every year that I know what is expected of me at work and Will get fired if I step over the line. Saying I have the right to say it is like saying I have a right to jump over a cliff- I can do it but I sure will pay for it.

27-Sep-17
wyobullshooter & 12yards,

Respectfully and seriously, I'd like to ask if you know EXACTLY what these guys are protesting. You both seem to feel they are standing for "something". WTH is it? Exactly what is it they are protesting?

Don't give me a BS one liner like "racial inequality" or "social injustice", as those are nothing more than BS terms with zero backing in facts.

27-Sep-17
I find it hard to believe the same stadium a true American hero, Chris Kyle had his funeral at, would pull the crap they did.

27-Sep-17
and Will, maybe you could help out as well, regarding what they are feeling, or protesting. I will say that the Black Lives Matter organization got pissed off when someone suggested that "ALL LIVES MATTER". really pissed them off for some reason..........................

27-Sep-17
I don't get all this talk about rights and freedom of speech. Is someone suggesting they don't have the right to protest?

27-Sep-17
They didn't ruin my football season, because I haven't watched football since the seventies, but I would like to know just what in hell are they protesting ? Maybe they have too much money, yeah, that could be it.

27-Sep-17
As a former Veteran,

I understand the issue (s) and I do believe it is their right to voice their opinion or to peacefully demonstrate their position.

The First Amendment does not say "pick a political correctness " in choosing your freedom of speech. What you or I may or may not perceive to be correct does not matter.

IT IS THEIR RIGHT

Personally I do not agree with their method of protest. I place the kneeling during the National Anthem, the same as burning the flag .

However, the First Amendment does not require my approval.

27-Sep-17
Their protest offends me but someone saying they don't have the right to protest would be far worse. I haven't seen anyone saying that.

27-Sep-17
I'll say it again, they absolutely have the right to do what they want, but they are doing it on the job! The vast majority of employers would not put up with, and I'm really stunned that the NFL has been. As controlling as the league is, I imagine it won't last a whole lot longer. They are losing viewers and ratings and money and that will get their attention.

27-Sep-17
buc i 313, thank you for finally answering my question. Thank you for your service, and thank you for understanding that neither the Oath of Enlistment, or the 1st Amendment, contains the words "except", or "unless", or "however".

Bullhound, I'm not going to pretend to know exactly everything behind these protests. I understand alot of it, as do a lot of whites, latinos, etc, that chose to kneel on Sunday, as well as blacks. I do know that what Trump Tweeted did nothing more than throw gas on a burning ember. It went from a couple kneeling here and there to damn near everyone.

What I do know is these players have every right to this peaceful protest, just as everyone else has the right to protest THEIR protest. That's what makes America the Greatest Country on Earth! If they were burning the flag, that would be one thing. That's illegal. What these people are doing is not only legal, it's protected by the Constitution. I'm old enough to remember the Watts Riots, as well as Rodney King, etc. Although I don't condone kneeling during the Anthem, I damn sure will take this over that.

27-Sep-17

btb's embedded Photo
btb's embedded Photo
1968 Olympics these guys had their medals stripped for this crap.

27-Sep-17
Just to be clear, the 1st Amendment says that the government shall pass no law abridging free speech. It doesn't say squat about a company controlling what their employess do or don't do as they represent that company. Read it !

27-Sep-17
Wyobullshooter: "" I understand alot of it, as do a lot of whites, latinos, etc, that chose to kneel on Sunday, as well as blacks""

well, please explain what you do understand, cuz I don't get it. When asked, I've not seen one of these guys provide ANY sort of identification of ANYTHING whatsoever, regarding what they are protesting. I've seen about 6-8 of them asked what SPECIFICALLY it is they are protesting with zero credible answers. They clam up or simply say something like "Racial inequality", or some other BS, but nothing specific.

27-Sep-17
Just to be clear..."Granted, the 1st Amendment only guarantees Freedom of Speech, as well as the Right to Peaceably Assemble. That said, it does not guarantee repercussions against said speech or assembly. As of now, there have not been, nor will there be in the foreseeable future, any repercussions. Only when the backlash reaches a point where it is detrimental to the pocketbooks of the league will there be any policy changes concerning this or similar issues. If enough people boycott, there will be change." Read it! There, does that make you happy?

27-Sep-17

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
I wonder what HE thinks about all this???

27-Sep-17
Bullshooter, I don't know what the 6-8 that you are referencing said. I have no idea if the reason they gave zero credible answers is because the answers they gave don't meet your definition of "credible". There's no doubt that many, if not most, chose to kneel not because they are becoming political activists, but simply because they chose to support their "brothers". The fact you call racial inequity BS is why this protest is taking place in the first place. See, you didn't need me to spell it out for you, you did just fine.

27-Sep-17
Just to be clear, I'll say it again. I am a veteran, 10 years in the Army, and 10 years in the Coast Guard. They have a First Amendment Right to protest as they are doing. They ARE disrespecting the Flag. They ARE disrespecting those who served to protect their freedom to protest. I'll say this again also, I don't care what your cause is, I am not OK with you disrespecting our country. Yes you have the right to sit, kneel, stay in locker room, or whatever you want during the National Anthem. You have the right to stomp on, piss on, burn, or wipe your commie ass with the Flag of the United States of America. It does not mean you should, if you do, you are being disrespectful. Anyone who does not see that has been drinking too much lib Kool-Aide.

27-Sep-17
Amen Peco! Thanks for your service.

27-Sep-17
wyobullshooter,

I was asking politely looking for an answer and you just gave me your bullshit smartass answer. I see inequality everyday. it comes from, and goes in every friggin direction pal. There's good people and bad people. These millionaire NFL players and their "neighborhood friends" don't have the market cornered, with regard to tough times, or INEQUALITY.

27-Sep-17
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," That was his reason. It wasn't to "raise awareness" it was a DIRECT and admitted affront and insult to the country and it's citizens..... as stated above, akin to burning the flag. Then goes on wearing the "pig" socks and even wearing a shirt with a communist dictator on it while making public comments complaining about oppression.... obviously has no clue of what REAL oppression even is. Even his examples of "oppression" were not factual to put it kindly, if you know the facts of the matter. Can't make this stuff up, not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He has the Right to protest. But in reality..... he has no "right" to protest. The man isn't even a registered voter and has never voted or participated in any political or civic process his entire life. He's basically nothing but a football player to me, I couldn't care less about his views or thoughts on pretty much anything else..... and to this point he has done nothing but to reaffirm that view.

Honestly, there are a good number of very civic minded players who volunteer their time and money to make a difference in their communities. Too many to list. Good people who are actually trying to make a difference in peoples lives. Not all ballplayers are self-important self-centered azzes. I really don't want to paint all players with the same broad brush or call to boycott because of the actions of a couple of morons. And I do enjoy watching and being a fan.

But the NFL themselves right now are fumbling the ball. If you aren't going to stand for the anthem..... stay in the locker room until it over and then quietly move to your sideline. If you are going to insult your public to their faces...... suspend them. If they want to make a statement, make it after you've left the stadium.

WRT burning the flag..... that actually is legal as well. Supreme Court decision some years ago. Long as you aren't breaking any fire codes.....

27-Sep-17
Ok wyobullshooter, I really tried to refrain from commenting on this topic. I normally only use bowsite for what "I" believe it is intended; a valuable forum for the exchange of hunting information, the sharing of adventures, and some humorous banter among persons with a like interest. I find it necessary however to ask you several questions after reading your contributions above. You state that flag burning is illegal. I have to point out that, in fact, flag burning is protected free speech, but I assume this was an oversight on your part because you seem so well versed on the first amendment. You also state that " a couple months or so ago several black people were killed by a white supremacist." It appears from your post that you are referencing Charlottesville. You do realize that 3 died there, 1 white female, and 2 white police officers? Like bullshooter, I also would like you to please describe the social injustice plaguing this country as you see it. I know what the media says, I know what the common theme of BLM is, I also know first hand what I have seen and experienced in 30+ years in law enforcement.

27-Sep-17
Look up krystalnacht ...

27-Sep-17
Funny asking what others think!! Even veterans will tell you they fought for the people to have these rights. Disrespectful or not, it is their right to kneel, stand or not take their hat off. In NY state a lot of schools are not allowed to even say the pledge of allegiance to the flag. No prayers in school, guess what this has all been fought about for years and these players are just exercising "their rights"!! Sorry I don't like it but that is the way it is we as a society made it that way. Shawn

27-Sep-17

27-Sep-17
I'm not going to continue to beat a dead horse. I've repeatedly said I don't condone not kneeling, but I understand it. If you don't, fine.

How about we change the scenario a bit. Most of us, if not all, can't relate to racial issues, millionaires, or billionaires in the first place.

Suppose your mother/wife/daughter has a cancer that can only be treated with an extremely expensive form of chemo. Had any of the attempts to repeal Obamacare succeeded, pre-existing conditions could have been denied insurance. If this same protest was conducted in response to this denial, would you still feel the same?

27-Sep-17
You are not listening. I and a few others have said over and over. We understand and are OK with them exercising their First Amendment Right. We are not OK with how they are going about it and disrespecting the Flag! I don't care who you are and what your cause is, I would feel the same.

27-Sep-17
You are not listening. I and a few others have said over and over. We understand and are OK with them exercising their First Amendment Right. We are not OK with how they are going about it and disrespecting the Flag! I don't care who you are and what your cause is, I would feel the same.

27-Sep-17
Pure disrespect for those who have fought for this country to remain free. Yes they have the right to protest but only BECAUSE of those brave men and women who served for this great country. Thank you to all of our military past and present.

27-Sep-17
Pure disrespect for those who have fought for this country to remain free. Yes they have the right to protest but only BECAUSE of those brave men and women who served for this great country. Thank you to all of our military past and present.

27-Sep-17
OK here is a question, who determined that kneeling is disrespecting the flag?? Why is it we or most of us think that kneeling is disrespecting the flag? If everyone all of a sudden said, "hey maybe kneeling and bowing our heads and pledging our allegiance to it would be more respectful" then would it be alright?? Shawn

27-Sep-17
Bullhound, Kap probably started it all because of the incidences of police shooting of blacks. I don't have any other answers for you. That is why to me their time of protesting should be over and its time to clarify what the issues are and take it somewhere where solutions can be discussed. The longer the protests go the more we will be divided. Sorry I can't really give you an answer. And like I said, I don't like the method of protest chosen, but I'm choosing not to make it as simple as they are disrespecting the flag, the anthem, veterans, etc. They've established they have a point to make, now it is time to make that point to people who can help enact change.

27-Sep-17
How far removed we are....Would they have done this 16 years ago when the planes hit the towers?

27-Sep-17
Like I have said on the CF. I turn on the tube to watch a football game. There is enough politics, Trump this Trump that, protests, riots, right vs left, "I want to make a statement" on the news channels. I sure as heck don't want to see it while trying to watch a football game.

So until they get back to playing football and stop with the BS I will hunt or watch a hunting show on YouTube when a game is on.

Besides ever since the big 3 left Monday night football it has sucked in the commentator department.

27-Sep-17
They have the right to do as they are doing. Not one person here has stated otherwise. The NFL owners have the right to do as they did Sunday. What many of you are missing is their plot on Sunday was the result of the POTUS calling them out on it in Alabama. Fact is, our president had the right to say as he did. Appropriate or not. And, the fact is We, the viewers have the right to not watch one more second of it if we choose not to. Based on misunderstanding or, any of the numerous causes they have given for doing so. Like prejudice, hate, love, BLM, religious, etc....

To me it simply does not matter why they did it. It isn't helping their cause. It was a political move on every single one of the players who did it. They got their little feelings hurt because the were called what a good bit of the American society feels about anyone who disrespects our country. And, they did it on private pay time. Not their own time. So, each employee has the right to fire every single one of the bums.

FWIW, I've never watched it and, for sure never will. And, I'd love to see the NFL go bankrupt for allowing it. They have picked and choose what political message they allowed the players to send over the years. So, playing if from the 1st Amendment angle now is a joke on them. God Bless

27-Sep-17
"who determined that kneeling is disrespecting the flag??"

Kaepernic did. That was actually a part of his reason when asked why he did it. Again, "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," said the poor lil oppressed minority knocking back 11.9 million a year.....

27-Sep-17
Wyobullshooter, you had better go back to civics class and try it again. Try yelling bomb on a plane, threatening the prez, or the classic " fire " in a theater. That will end your free speech ideas pretty quickly. All the first did was keep congress from passing a law abridging free speech. This was in direct response to Britain's order that to speak badly of the "Crown" was seditious, and could get you hanged. By the neck until dead !

Personally, I couldn't care less about what a bunch of overpaid jocks want to do, I have nothing invested in them emotionally or financially. I do think it rather ironic that they are so butt hurt over social injustices but they don't mind taking the check.

27-Sep-17
As a Retired Army NCO and the son of a Vietnam Vet I am still in shock that Republicans nominated a draft-dodger who disparages bonafide war Heroes like John McCain and does nothing but stir the pot with people just to please his political "base". I personally think the Donald should find a better fight to fight than the petty argument he is having with these young NFL players. Trump does not give a crap about anything except his own ego.........I don't agree with refusing to stand for the flag but truthfully I'm more offended that our duly elected commander in chief refused to serve when called. I felt the same way about Bill Clinton.....I'm taking a knee for the Republican party of which I used to belong.

27-Sep-17
Shawn, I've been standing with my hand or hat over my heart while singing the National anthem or saying the pledge of allegiance for well over 40 years! I learned it at an early age in school, in church and at various sporting and other events in our local community.

I have to ask ...................where in the world did you grow up? Cause I can't imagine it was in the USA!

27-Sep-17
It's called RESPECT, not many of them have it !!

27-Sep-17
Direct TV is offering a 100% refund on subscriptions to the NFL channel.

27-Sep-17

27-Sep-17
Okay, so most of the NFL is doing this because Trump is an irrational loose canon and they find his comments offensive. There is irony in the Reaction to not follow protocol traditionally used to show respect to veterans. It is just as irrational if not more so. So basically its "Hey, Trump p*ssed me off, I'm going to show him by disrespecting veterans"- really? The intelligence used to come up with this form of protest is equivalent to that displayed by Trump.

27-Sep-17
I think Roger Goodell needs to resign!

Tim Tebow took a knee to thank God and was threatened with fines if he kept doing it! (Freedom of expression)

Players are fined for excessive celebrations at times. (Freedom of expression)

Players are fined for arguing with refs. (Freedom of expression)

A player was fined for wearing 9/11 never forget on his cleats. (Freedom of expression)

John kitna of Bengals was fined for wearing a ball cap during an interview with a cross on it. (Freedom of expression)

Why did all of this happen? Because they broke the rules set forth by the NFL and they were enforced!

The NFL also has a rule that all players must stand for the national anthem and their helmet is to be in the left hand and they are to refrain from talking!

Well Goodell has lost complete control of running an organization and he needs to go!

BucI313 is my father and I was taught when the national anthem is being played you face the flag, take your hat off, you place your hand over your heart and you either remain silent or sing along!

I do this to respect those who are willing to die for me and for those who have kept me a free person!

As an adult I have learned it's all in the delivery. Well these players have a delivery that is all wrong in my opinion.

So this year on Kellys most excellent hunting adventure there will be no going to get the greatest wings in America and watching football even if it is my Bengals playing!

28-Sep-17
Kelly, I think I'm with ya!

28-Sep-17
The First Amendment prohibits the government, not private companies, from imposing limits on free speech.

Just like in Colorado, because its legal to smoke marijuana doesn't mean it's not a condition of your employment that you don't. Most private companies are "at will" employers. Which means you can leave or be asked to leave at will.

28-Sep-17

ahunter55's embedded Photo
Yes, they have the right to protest. Now, WHERE you do this is a whole different story. NFL players in my opinion decided to do it in the wrong place & during something most Americans feel is sacred. Like another said, I view disrespect of the Anthem like burning the flag.. I've also seen comments by posters that say they are veterans & or their veteran friends support these NFL players. Well, I'm a 8 year vet, 1 brother, 2 in nam & the other 20 retired Navy. A son-in-law suffering PTSD, 20 year vet (his outfit was the one you see in the movies, Black Hawk Down) & 2 other best friends from Nam era & Afghanistan. NONE have one ounce of support for what the NFL jackoffs are doing. Protest all you want but in a proper place & NOT at the expense of others rights. Kaperneck wore socks showing disrespect for police (PIG socks) & that was OK. These NFL players are protesting for all the wrong reasons if you can figure it out.

28-Sep-17
Thanks Woods Walker, My dad served in Korea and my Uncles were all in WW2 and my Grandpa served in WW1. I never served in the military, but am very thankful and grateful for those who did. Maybe if these football players had to dodge a few bullets instead of dodging a linebacker.....they might have a little more respect. If you don't honor our country and flag...get out, we don't need anymore deadbeats around.

28-Sep-17

kellyharris's embedded Photo
kellyharris's embedded Photo

28-Sep-17
I will not be watching NFL this year. I stand for the National Anthem and face the flag. I would prefer the players refuse to play on Sunday in protest... Then we would all know how strongly they feel about the "issues" they are kneeling for.... Oh wait they might get fired if they miss a game in protest.. then it will affect them personally and financially.. As role models to young American kids they are setting a poor example. I will continue to watch Hockey.

28-Sep-17
I will amend what I said. They definitely have the right to do this and their employers definitely have the right to fire them. I hate racism as much as any body but I do think they could find a better way to protest. If Kapernick did'nt have pig cop socks on when he first started this junk and was saying some pretty nasty anti American comments. That is till he had a sit down with a vet which seem to mellow him a bit. I have too many family members in law enforcement and the military to appreciate that.

28-Sep-17
WOW! Woodswalker- that one says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

28-Sep-17
Some of you guys that think Trump didn't denounce white supremacist or the KKK are either uniformed or misinformed, I'm not sure which is better. In the days following, Trump held two press conferences to denounce white supremacy. When he said there were good folks on both side he was referring to those wanting the statue to stand and those wanting it to come down. There were good folks there( not associated with the KKK or white supremacist) and then there were bad folks on both sides. On a side note it is documented that the guy that organized the white supremacist crap was an occupy Wall Street organizer and Obama voter. He had put out adds weeks in advance, advertising for white supremacist to gather. Wrap your minds around that and go back to watching CNN and the NFL.

28-Sep-17

28-Sep-17
With this discussion, nationally, we have a group who have had different experiences from, I'd bet, 95% + of us posting here. No joke - any body black posting on this thread?

Yet we all (me too) are coming to a conclusion about whether what those athletes did last weekend was American, or anti American. We are choosing to immediately decide they are jerks, or not.

If, as it seems from all I've heard - which sure isn't all of it... that this is really about racial injustice or poor treatment via police... Then a big part of it, is going to be figuring out how to help folks in economically depressed communities, where violence rates are much higher by default, change that situation. That's awesome, because there sure as heck are a lot of beat down, poor, predominantly white or hispanic communities that need the same knowledge and help...

It also means folks IN those communities need to stand up, and fight for themselves. They have to help change the community they live in. That goes for any race. Any.

The problem is that when those people stand up, no one cares. Its on most of our local news every day, where ever we live. Some mother who's kid just got shot sobbing. We dont care, because it happened "over there". Maybe there is a little rage for a couple days, but most of the time... we just hit the up button on the clicker and change the channel.

The well off, fortunate as heck athletes who manage to make an NFL roster on the other hand... Check it out. Like it or not, we are on a dang BOWHUNTING forum and we are talking about it. I said it above, kneeling for the anthem is not my thing. I stand. But wow. Those players have the entire country if not world discussing a really challenging and complex issue that IS a factor in society.

Hate the method or not, I don't get why trying to understand WHY there was ever a sense of need for them to do this is bad. And I really don't get why acknowledging what a big part of OUR nation feels seems to trigger so much polarization.

Some of those guys grew up with a middle class or higher background... a lot did not. We are the product of our experiences. If your whole life, you feel like everyone is out to get you, its going to be a lot harder to elicit trust. You have to be open to it, to look for it, but that's a lot harder when you believe you have been beat down over and over. Whether it really is, or not, if you think that the playing field is different for you... it is. And it's not going to be easy to change that - ask any one with an addiction... some pretty similar thinking patterns there when it comes to changing.

It's social and mass media driven. And yes, Fox and Brietbart share just as much hyper one sided BS as CSNBC and CNN. We get these little sound bites and we get parts of stories hyper analyzed for 30' at a block... It gets us all pissed off, feeds our individual bias and no one on any side ever stops and really seems to think about the full issue, how it's impacting ALL of us.

End point to me, is that with a hyper polarized dialogue - like we have on so many issues today - nothing changes, and everything worsens. We dig in deeper, self inoculate with bias affirming information, and keep assuming "the other side" are massively, hugely, tremendously wrong on the issue.

That's a bummer. Because we all miss out on a chance to grow.

28-Sep-17
The players that knelt last weekend that haven't been kneeling didn't do so for racial injustice. They have had a year to follow suit on that and they chose to stand. They are kneeling now because Trump called out those previous kneelers as unpatriotic and rightfully so. They are kneeling for their buddies who are pukes in protest of someone that said they should honor the nations flag. Is that the hill you want to die on? If it were true they are kneeling for social injustice it might be a tiny bit tolerable, that's not what it's about. They are publically kneeling because they politically disagree with someone.

28-Sep-17
Link gets it.

28-Sep-17
If I want my neighbors help getting my car started, I don't walk over with a chainsaw and cut down the 40 year old elm tree in his front yard to get his attention.

If I did, his focus will be the tree and my car issue won't get much attention.

28-Sep-17
I find it telling that they have no problem dishonoring our flag and the people who sacrificed, bled and died for it, but yet have no problem at all taking the MONEY that has the same symbolism represented on it.

What a bunch of clueless hypocrites!

28-Sep-17
Will, I see some of your points but when does personal responsibility come into play. The fact is every single person in this country has available the opportunity to succeed or fail, to be a criminal, or a productive member of society, the chance to be a father to their children, or to father many children and not provide any fathering to any of them, etc. etc. etc.

And yes, this goes for every single person, regardless of the color of their skin.

28-Sep-17
X2 bullhound and each of us has an inherent knowledge of right and wrong given to us by God. Somes view might be skewed by their upbringing but most of the important things are black and white without someone being told. These people and their plantation owners( democrats) keep themselves oppressed by personal choice.

28-Sep-17
Well, I am glad I don't hunt in a state that outlaws hunting on Sunday, because there is something better to do on Sunday afternoons in the fall than watch the NFL.

As someone has already said, this was a minor deal that Kapernick started with a few others since, until our draft dodger in chief tried to make some political gain by playing the big patriot in support of our veterans. He couldn't serve but he could ski every winter, but the sheep will bash anyone who dares to mention it. Yet someone who kneels is a bigger hypocrite because money has emblems of the USA on it?

If you don't support it, don't watch or pay for tickets. Many are boycotting, and if enough follow suit, the NFL will wise up if it costs them a dollar, don't worry. It is always about the buck for them.

I have the biggest problem with whole teams that avoided the national anthem. I am guessing that they were coerced into a protest whether they wanted to or not. I would like to know the story behind that. And I have a problem with Tebow or anyone being fined for taking a knee to thank God, if that is what happened. If so, the NFL is saying it is OK to disrespect the flag, but not OK to thank God. Wow.

But take a minute and think if you really believe they are pampered millionaires. I thought it was the liberals who hated wealth. I think there are a lot more pampered millionaires who just inherited daddy's money than there are pampered NFL athletes, when you consider how hard they must train, the hits they take, and the multiple surgeries they almost all endure. Remember, even many Heisman trophy winners in college were total duds in the NFL, so it takes the elite of the elite to even make it in the NFL. I don't know anybody personally who works as hard for their money as a typical NFL player.

That said, rules are rules, and if the NFL has it in the rules as posted above, they should be enforced.

28-Sep-17
"I don't know anybody personally who works as hard for their money as a typical NFL player." LOLOLOL Any military person works harder for the pennies they earn compared to pro athletes. Pro athletes are second to actors and actresses for being over compensated. Hell, blue collar workers, and farmers work harder for their money than pro athletes. Come on.

28-Sep-17
" They are not protesting the flag or the anthem or the country. They are trying to raise awareness to an issue."

Then protest during a Disney movie and not during the National Anthem that millions of people hold dear to their hearts. They have insulted millions of people and those people have the right to feel insulted and express their feelings.

I keep reading it is not about the Anthem or the flag but they continually use is as their venue/media KNOWING the insults it is throwing to millions of people.

The message is great. The methodology is insulting.

28-Sep-17
Bullshooter - I don't get your comment "But take a minute and think if you really believe they are pampered millionaires. I thought it was the liberals who hated wealth" - I don't see anyone here bashing those NFL players for the fact that they are millionaires. Or hating on them because of their wealth. Here's the issue that most of us have - those very players who are millionaires are complaining about oppression and racial inequality. That's the hypocrisy and the beef. A millionaire complaining about oppression...

28-Sep-17
Bullhound, awesome point. And that was broadly what I was getting at when I noted the communities need to look inside at themselves as well. That concept goes both ways though.

For example, the personal responsibility of the folks kneeling suggests to them, that something bad is happening to many in the community, and some significant message needs to be sent to get others (us) to listen, and find ways to work together.

The personal responsibility of those of us hearing the message runs the gamut too. Some may feel they are jerks and thus the whole concept is bogus. Others may not care. Others may choose to learn more, to attempt to understand where they are coming from - agree or not.

I just dont think many things are black and white. Take the basic "test" used in a lot of Philosophy classes - "is it wrong to kill someone?" Yes. Yes it is.

But wait... what if you walk into your parents house, and there is a person in the act of trying to kill your parents, would it be ok for you to kill that person?

See where I'm going? This is not a black and white (no pun intended there) thing. It's nuanced. And personal responsibility is a huge player - both towards those protesting listening to those of us who feel standing is appropriate, and the other way as well. Cant fix it, unless we are all willing to learn from each other.

I sure as heck dont understand it... So I'm trying to learn more, and pondering what I/my family may be able to do. Even if it's as simple as doing more volunteer work in our community. I've had interesting conversations with friends who are black and friends who are white and friends who are Hispanic about it. Everyone has an opinion :)!

This has been interesting to read too. It's interesting to see the different views and ways of thinking presented by all of us here. It's cool that, at least it feels to me, our "like" interest in the outdoors helps keep the conversation really civil. I mean wholly cow, check out comments on an article from a newspaper on this (online) or folks social media pages... WOW! Thats frustrating to see!

28-Sep-17
Anyone that has to sit out a few plays and hit the oxygen bottle after running 40 yards isn't working very hard. I was never the caliber of athlete that these fellows are but I played both ways, every play, returned kicks and punts and relayed the plays from the sideline to the huddle every play. I never once asked to be taken out and loved every minute of it. No doubt I can't do what they can and I don't think they are over paid, but most are whiney babies that can't name one 1st amendment right. Let them protest and so will I.

28-Sep-17

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
To anybody who says this WASN'T about the flag:

28-Sep-17
Will - Here's the issue I personally have with sitting down, listening and trying to work together with these guys. And by the way, I don't mind discussing things with people who have a different perspective than I do or were raised differently with different values. 1. Look up what they've said - its readily available. C. Kap, M. Evans, L. McCoy - the list could continue, but I won't. They aren't looking for a constructive dialouge, they are looking to divide. Continuing the race baiting that has been perpetuated for too long. They destroy their credibility of "Hands Up Don't Shoot", etc... when the facts come out and don't support the catchy phrase, but the catchy phrase still continues because it supports their agenda. Black Lives Matter - same thing. Protesting police violence against blacks. Data supports that of all the black people that were killed last year - less than 1% were attributed to police (not even arguing justifyable or not) - and the rest (over 99%) were by someone else - the bulk of which was inner city violence (black on black) crime. If they are really concerned about black lives, why wouldn't they sit down with leadership of those cities and start figuring out how they can really help rather than protesting against police and the country.

That's why I believe this protest isn't really about trying to help or find answers, its about division and an agenda.

2. I'm no more interested in sitting down with the KKK to better understand their position than I am in sitting down with players who exhibit the "black power" fist raised symbol - both are symbols of hatred/division - I'm not interested in that and won't give either a platform to "discuss" their bigotred hatred for that which I respect - this country, the flag and law enforcement.

Hopefully I'm done posting on this thread - :-)

28-Sep-17
Well said Old School. I detest both the KKK and the BLM org., or any organization that spews divisive hate filled BS. They present nothing more than divisive rhetoric that is filled with hatred. With everything said, it really boils down to personal responsibility, and respect for our flag, country, and those who have served and died in preserving our nation and our freedoms.

28-Sep-17
"happygolucky and anybody who says this WASN'T about the flag: "

Please read my post closely. I quoted someone else who said it was not about the flag. I disagreed with that take.

28-Sep-17
Old School, I get your point but one posted "Nothing worse than a bunch of ignorant millionaire babies." and another said "entitled millionaire babies". Take a look at the hits these babies take all game long. Every play the QB risks a hit from a ~300 lb lineman.

I understand your point about millionaires complaining about oppression. I was mad about Eric Reid, from LSU, joining Kapernick, and I disagree with him for the most part, but today I read where he said "That's the amazing and beautiful thing about the platform we have as professional athletes, for some reason people want to listen to us," Reid said. "I don't know why. There are people who are a lot smarter than me who don't have the same platform that professional athletes have."

Double that for actors/actresses. Why should anybody listen to them? But apparently people do.

So the flip side is why shouldn't people who have a platform speak up against oppression, while they clearly are not the ones being oppressed?

To me it is much more hypocritical to weasel out of military service, then get a platform to blast people for disrespecting the military.

PECO I said personally, and I personally know many blue collar workers and a few farmers. They don't get blindsided by super athletes and carted off the field on a regular basis, nor do any of them that I know go through the rigors of training camp, with hours per day on the field and in the weight room. I have worked side by side with plenty of carpenters. And no, I doubt they would claim they work harder than NFL athletes.

28-Sep-17
OOOPS- My bad! Corrected it happygolucky! ;-)

28-Sep-17
This whole crock of BS pisses me off to the point of I've tried to throw in my 2 cents but I can't even say ANYTHING without sounding like a physco!!#%×$$@@÷=

28-Sep-17
Bullhound, I agree. Personal responsibility is a huge part of the issue in black communities. But I think there are other issues there as well. They need decent jobs where they live, they need positive male role models (dads), and they need good schools and parents that make their kids' school a priority. Those things would help.

28-Sep-17
Bullshooter, my point is the football player does not work $9 million dollars a year harder than the farmer and getting hit is in the job description. Lots of guys work out, hard, for free, they love doing it. I have friend's that are triathletes, they do it for fun, you trying to tell me that isn't hard work? What about the soldier humping the 80# pack in 100 degree weather getting his ass blown up? He doesn't go home for holidays or get to be there when his child is born. That guy deserves more than a ball player, and does not deserve to be disrespected.

28-Sep-17

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
This.

28-Sep-17

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
Double post.

28-Sep-17

How many have seen a rocket launcher fired in their direction? How many have seen a comrade take a "HIT" that ended their life? How many have seen another human in their gun sights? How many have nightmares about their day at work, REAL nightmares? Yea, those hard working NFL players sure risk a lot for the job & their paycheck + perks. , hmmmm, , they wouldn't make a pimple on any military persons ass.. They have the right to protest, just make it in the proper place & without insulting those who truly WORK for a living so they can have that . The NFL is wrong.

28-Sep-17
Talking about hits every game. This is what heart looks like. And, it happens to be wrapped in a better looking package too. I'll take this any day over the NFL

28-Sep-17
Thank you WV, I had heavy thoughts of dropping out of this thread, but happy I stayed ;)

28-Sep-17
Thank you WV, I had heavy thoughts of dropping out of this thread, but happy I stayed ;)

28-Sep-17
What is the lowest salary you'd take to play NFL football if you had the skill, talent, strength and desire to play?

28-Sep-17
I'm no fool, I get the going rate or I don't play. I will be on field standing for the National Anthem also, with helmet by my side and hand over my heart. I will stand by doing that, and will not puss out and say I should have stayed in the locker room with my team.

28-Sep-17
I wonder what Pat Tillman would think! I cancelled my NFL Sunday ticket from Directv I am a vet and that makes my blood boil!

28-Sep-17

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo

29-Sep-17
^^^ Or both!!

29-Sep-17

bghunter's embedded Photo
bghunter's embedded Photo
So called athletes these days could learn a lot from these guys.

29-Sep-17
I think in general, OLYMPIC athletes realize the significance of representing their country and flag............................lot more than NFL, MLB, NBA etc........................

I heard this morning on the radio FOX will not show the National Anthem during their telecasts on Sunday. CBS still plans to show it.

29-Sep-17
Rut, If what you heard is true, then I believe that would not bode well for Fox and the league... that would be more offensive then the original protest.

29-Sep-17
At this point, I don't really care scentman............................................................I won't be watching! ;-)

I always did like college football a lot more. Now I will just get my fill of football on Sat. and Thurs nites!

29-Sep-17
I agree my friend... could be a blessing in disguise!

29-Sep-17
I am getting the same way. I think there is a reason I started to like hockey a few years ago.

29-Sep-17
Women's beach volleyball or women's tennis for me.

29-Sep-17
Funny thing...

My wife told me that she heard an interview with a Fallujah-bound vet (on K-LOVE, in case anybody wants to claim it was some "god-less, liberal-biased" operation).

He said that he totally understands and respects the players who quietly and respectfully take a knee before the Flag; apparently he and his squad-mates do EXACTLY THE SAME THING every time they're about to head out on Patrol....

More interesting context for this...

I saw somewhere (but have not fact-checked) a report that the "long-standing, time-honored" tradition of standing for the Anthem goes all the way back to something like 2004. (Really? As I said - haven't had a chance to fact-check it)

And just one question for those howling in outrage over the whole thing...

When you're home on a Sunday afternoon, kicked back, watching the game.... How many of you are on YOUR feet, hats off, hand over your heart, singing along?

At least these guys have all stopped what they're doing for a moment of reflection, and aren't just taking the chance to grab another bag o' chips, take a leak or crack open a beer.

But it's ALL BS, really - people who back Trump won't back down on this or quit his sorry ass for love nor money, and the people who can't stand him aren't budging either. Maybe there are one or two out there, but I have yet to see a Trump supporter come out in support of the kneeling players, nor anyone who can't stand the man who thinks the players are out of line.

So once again, it's not really about the "issue", no matter what you think it is or how you want to define it; it's REALLY just All About Trump, and he wouldn't have it ANY OTHER WAY.

29-Sep-17
Taking a knee before going out on patrol, I bet that is praying, not protesting. You're killing me!

29-Sep-17
Kneeling came first, Trump commenting on it came second. This isn't all about Trump.

29-Sep-17
2004? Bullcrap. I was born in 1952, and from my earliest recollections people stood for the national anthem. This was done at school, at games and wherever else it was publically sung.

And what someone does in the privacy of their home is none of anyone's business and it shouldn't be. If you want to stand on your head with your thumb in your rear go right ahead. We don't have to see you. What you do in public on the other hand is a different matter. I have family and friends buried at Arlington Cemetery and when you publically dishonor them, then we have a problem.

29-Sep-17
I support Trump. But I thought he made a mistake with his comments. I don't like how they are protesting, but I think recently, they've been doing it more respectfully. I now think the time for protesting is over and now they should seek action with somebody and get back to honoring the flag and anthem. If they feel there is a problem, they need to take action to address the problem. Continuing to protest will only divide the nation further and the sides will just dig their heels in deeper.

29-Sep-17
I actually don't blame the players. I think they're disrespectful, wrong, and many of them don't even have a clue as to what they're "uniting" about other than to "show whitey".

Who I blame is the NFL. This BS should have been squashed a year ago when Kraphead started this garbage. But like a game where the refs don't call the fouls, eventually the game turns into a brawl. That's what's happening now. But now the ratings are falling and the SPONSORS (read $$$$$) are putting their 2 cents in and NOW the NFL is starting to pay attention. None of this had to happen if only the NFL had abided by their own rules on the flag/anthem. Hopefully they'll learn when it starts to cost them money.

29-Sep-17
Thanks, 12 - you, Will and a few others are restoring my faith in humanity.

PECO - that vet's point was that they KNEEL. You say you'd BET that they're praying, but you don't KNOW, and you don't know what anyone on that sideline is thinking. The point is, kneeling is not acceptable-when-you-think-you-know-why-(and-approve-of-why)-they-are-doing-it and somehow suddenly disrespectful when you don't; it's just kneeling. Who are you, the Thought Police?

Frankly, the guys who kneel quietly and attend to the moment impress me a LOT more than the guys who are obviously all hyped up and just dying for the whole thing to be over.

And kneeling - quietly and respectfully - during the anthem is a posture of humility; not attack and not even disrespect. It's also a perfectly legitimate exercise of one of the rights that all those guys in Arlington lived and fought and died to protect.

30-Sep-17
"......not attack and not even disrespect."

That's your opinion and I disgaree 100% with it. And onced more, YES they have a right to do whatever they want. But I don't have to watch it or condone it. My impression is they hate America and the people who died so they can make millions of dollars playing a stupid kid's game. And again, they are AT WORK when they do this, so if their employers permit this then I guess they AGREE with this show of disrespect to the country so I will no longer patronize them or their sponsors. You stick it my eye, then I stick it in your wallet.

30-Sep-17
The problem is this "protest" movement is all based on a big lie. When blacks folks commit homicide at a rate 11 times more than whites, someone needs to be looking in the mirror to find the problem.

30-Sep-17
I'll not be kneeling for anything. And I definitely WILL be watching the NFL this & every Sunday.

30-Sep-17
College ball is better

30-Sep-17
"but I have yet to see a Trump supporter come out in support of the kneeling players, nor anyone who can't stand the man who thinks the players are out of line."

"an interview with a Fallujah-bound vet ....He said that he totally understands and respects the players who quietly and respectfully take a knee before the Flag"

Interesting read GF, why are you assuming the soldier is not a Trump supporter?

If someone doesn't agree with a lib on any issue, they call that person a Trump supporter. If they do agree on an issue they call them a democrat. By definition, that's probably why you haven't found a Trump supporter who supports the idea of kneeling during the anthem.

30-Sep-17
Relax GF, I'm not the Thought Police. You made me LOL with that one. You make me want to watch 1984 again. Please ask your vet friends what they were doing when they were kneeling before a mission. Inquiring minds, (or maybe just mind, mine) want to know. I agree with you on one point, it's time to stop beating this dead horse.

30-Sep-17
There is a massive difference between "having the right to do something" and "doing the right thing". Some get it, many don't unfortunately. Just so misguided, biting the hand that feeds them. Really stupid actually - so many other ways to go

30-Sep-17
the level of racism in this country is practically non existent compared to what it use to be, and compared to other countries for that matter. Where's the thanks for all the men who died during the civil war to free black Americans from slavery? At what point will these people stop taking a knee? When we reach some sort of non existent utopia daydream where ALL prejudice and racism is vanquished from our country? Of course this country isn't perfect for everyone, but it's far far better than the rest of the world. They have no idea how bad things would be without our military and law enforcement there to protect us. And on another note, if these players taking a knee think it's soooo easy being a cop or serving this country in the military, then how about they trade in their football uniforms for a real uniform. God bless America and the men and women who serve to protect it, and GD those who choose not to give thanks for their freedom and to those who VOUNTEER to serve.

30-Sep-17
WV Mountaineer- Wow! Maybe there is a football league I would watch, and they could all take a knee, and it wouldn't matter.

30-Sep-17

02-Oct-17

Anheuser Busch is the NFL’s largest sponsor, and they want to know how fans really feel about the national anthem protests. So, to get to the bottom of how the fans are reacting to the protests, they have opened up a consumer hotline dedicated to customer feedback. Now, the NFL must be a tad bit nervous after hearing about this hotline and what the ramifications of it could bring. If Anheuser Busch decides to pull its advertisements because of customer outrage, it could spell devastating consequences for the already floundering league.

When customers call, 1-800-342-5283 they are greeted with a recorded message that gives them the option to voice their opinions about the protests.

“If you are calling with questions or comments about Anheuser-Busch’s sponsorship of the NFL, press one,” the recorded voice says.

“At Anheuser-Busch, we have a long heritage of supporting the nation’s armed forces, veterans and military dependents,” the voice says. “The National Anthem is a point of pride for our company and for the 1,100 veterans that we employ. Please feel free to share your feedback after the tone.”

The hotline was a huge success as millions of Americans called the beer company to voice their opinions. So many people called on Friday when the hotline was opened that the company had to shut it down since it was flooded with phone calls.

Here is more from Fox 2 Now:

Anheuser Busch’s consumer help line temporarily went down Friday afternoon. A company representative says there was a high volume of calls from a social media campaign. There was a temporary disruption in service to 1-800-DIAL-BUD.

A post to the “RockIt News” Facebook pa

02-Oct-17
I watched the replay of our H.S. football game on our local cable channel on Sunday. Then I watched some MLB. Wasn;t even tempted to watch NFL. I guess this thing really pushed me over the edge!

02-Oct-17
GF, your contempt for Trump is clouding your argument.

Kneeling during the National Anthem at any NFL game is against their own policy. A policy that isn't subject to personal woes without consequence. The NFL has done a great job over the last decade ensuring they upheld their whole policy as long as coincided with liberal beliefs. Funny now that they want to play the 1st Amendment card as the reason the protests are being allowed. In the past, that reasoning didn't apply when you were on the clock for them.

No one knows what each individual is protesting when they chose to kneel instead of give due respect to our flag. Truth is, there have been quite a few reasons given. What is clear is they have chosen to do it in a venue and, in the face of EVERYONE providing their employment and freedoms. But, by their rules of employment outlined in the NFL's operation manual, the NFL itself demands that standing at attention, facing the flag, while holding their helmet in their left hand, is expected of each player during the national anthem. So, the question remains why they are not enforcing it?

We all know why they are doing what they are doing. The only thing left to wonder is why any one person would allow these players and this organization, to practice its brand of politics at your expense. That's why people oppose this. Not political beliefs. Most common sense folks don't inject politics into every facet of their life. Unless you simply despise Trump and, lack the principled reasons for feeling the way you do. Which is becoming an affliction it seems to those weak minded enough to allow it.

02-Oct-17

08-Oct-17
Seen a YouTube where some sorry bastard took a knee at the tomb of the unknown soldier during taps.I will repeat,some sorry bastard.

08-Oct-17
Yep I saw that also, I am amazed no one did anything other than take out their cell phone and make a video. I hope someone gave him a talking too. Just a misguided punk looking for his 15 minutes of fame. He is still a sorry bastard, but not as sorry as all those who witnessed it and did nothing.

08-Oct-17
Yep I saw that also, I am amazed no one did anything other than take out their cell phone and make a video. I hope someone gave him a talking too. Just a misguided punk looking for his 15 minutes of fame. He is still a sorry bastard, but not as sorry as all those who witnessed it and did nothing.

08-Oct-17
Take a Knee! - To All Ballplayers, Everywhere...............................

"Take a knee at the beach in Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces...the very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them, riddled with bullets from enemy fire."

"Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. from Khe San to Saigon... Anywhere will do. REAL Americans died in all those jungles. There was no playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they represented. When they came home, they were protested as well..and spit on for reasons only cowards know."

"Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat.. Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress... Your number won't be printed on it unless your number is up! You'll need to stay hydrated but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You're on your own."

"There's a lot of places to take a knee. Real Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your liberty."

"While you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken...but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains...every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest."

"No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans...just American men and women...delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us...blazing a path so you would have the right to "take a knee."

"You haven't an inkling what it took to get you where you are; but your "protest" is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is issued to another..."

"If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all...because He is the one who provides those things."

"And there will be no protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave. It goes like this..."

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

08-Oct-17
WELL SAID!!!

09-Oct-17
i heard some televised games did not show the Anthem... since Mccoys stretching routine his numbers are down along with ratings. They should have stuck to football instead of social justice warriors. league sucks i'm done!

10-Oct-17

PECO's Link
Finally someone has the sack to stand up to these azzholes.

http://americanmilitarynews.com/2017/10/watch-a-female-college-student-throw-a-drink-on-lakers-fans-for-kneeling-during-national-anthem/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=alt&utm_source=tednugent

10-Oct-17
This was posted on the CF:

To the NFL players.........

You graduated high school in 2011. Your teenage years were a struggle. You grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. Your mother was the leader of the family and worked tirelessly to keep a roof over your head and food on your plate. Academics were a struggle for you and your grades were mediocre at best. The only thing that made you stand out is you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds while carrying a football. Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonalds for minimum wage. You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best. They laid out the red carpet for you. Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey D’s. College was not an option for him. On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts. He went to basic training.

You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans. Tutors attended to your every academic need. You attended class when you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country. Your best friend was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19 year old soldiers who grew up just like he did. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American's give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the USA. You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. You hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football. Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat tested sergeant, he will be paid $32,000 per year. You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers. You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will “make it rain” in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees.

On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name. For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday and any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and “go to the rear” to rest. He might be lucky enough to catch an NFL game on TV. When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country. To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism. Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us. You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right. But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country. I am done with NFL football and encourage all like minded Americans to boycott the NFL as well.

10-Oct-17
I wonder how many anti-football protestors will boycott watching/attending the Super Bowl?

10-Oct-17
I skipped the Vikes-Bears last night...but I do admit to watching the highlights on YouTube this morning.

I feel dirty.

10-Oct-17
The only language the NFL understands is $$$$$$. Most of the players are lucky if they can tie their own shoes. So what must happen is the language of $$$$$$ needs to be spoken to the NFL's SPONSORS in a way that there's no misunderstanding that if they continue to sponsor the NFL then they must agree with dishonoring those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. In that case we the people will stop buying their product. $$$$$$ talks.

Then the NFL will get the message loud and clear.

10-Oct-17
Never cared for these pukes,and I won't even peek at these crybaby country disrespecting bastards.nuff said.

• Sitka Gear