Scoot 27-Sep-17
t-roy 27-Sep-17
Scoot 28-Sep-17
Scoot 28-Sep-17
t-roy 28-Sep-17
Scoot 28-Sep-17
Buffalo1 28-Sep-17
27-Sep-17
I want to order new straps for my treestands and steps. I know they can be ordered from Lonewolf, but I'm told I can get equally good straps for 1/4 or 1/3 the cost at other places. I see people refer folks to stapworks and other sites, but I can't figure out which straps to actually get. Can someone please provide a link to the specific straps I should get for my Lonework stand and steps? Thanks!

27-Sep-17
I recently replaced a bunch of straps on my hang-on treestands and on my climbing sticks. I leave my stands out all year (private property) and after a few years the straps need to be replaced. I like a ratchet strap for stands with a minimum of 500 pound load rating. Ratchets make it easier to tighten and loosen your strap. You can get a 4-pack from Amazon for about $20. Pay attention to the hook on the end of the strap as some will fit a stand easier than others. You will pay extra for any strap that is camo or has a picture of a deer on it.

27-Sep-17

Scoot's Link
I'd much prefer to not use ratchet straps- this is for a stand and steps that will go up and down with me every time I hunt. I prefer ratchet straps when I'll be leaving them up for a while. In fact, I usually use them when I'll be leaving a my stand up for a while.

I'm looking at the strap in the link here or the one below. Any idea if these are good options? Is one better than the other?

27-Sep-17

Scoot's Link

27-Sep-17
Scoot, The straps I use need to have a loop on two ends, are yours the same? The links you have do not show those types of straps, or else I am just not seeing it. The reason I did use LW is because I could not find suitable replacements elsewhere, but will quickly change for the right price if you find something different!

27-Sep-17
Habitat, the ones I sent in the link are called "Loop Straps" and have loops on both ends. I'm finding that Strapworks may be a little cheaper, but not a lot compared to Lonewolf. Once you add in the buckle and 4' or 5' of strap, it totals about $7.75/strap for no camo and about $9/strap for camo. A little cheaper than Lonewolf, but not a lot. I don't care if I have a camo strap or not, so I could save about $2.25/strap, or around $11 total in saving.

For $11, I'm not interested in messing around with it. Not exactly the savings some have suggested it would be. But, if I can save $11 and have a better product, I'm interested. I'm just not sure if it's a better product. In fact, for all I know, it's not as good. Any info or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

27-Sep-17
I need to replace some also. I was going to do the rope mod, but if I can get a couple longer straps for the bottom two I may go back with straps. I hunt some trees with bigger trunks and a couple longer straps for the bottom would be nice.

27-Sep-17

JTV's embedded Photo
JTV's embedded Photo
Modify the steps and go with 8mm Rescue Cord/Accessory cord ... I do 10 ft on the bottom two sticks and 9 ft on the top two sticks, all black now, instead of the blue rope... also went to 11 mm Static rope for my Linemans harness using a Ropeman #1 Ascender lighter weight, easier to use... I still use the LW straps on the stand, and I have extensions for those straps .... I can go up trees 30+" in diameter with gives me more options than a climber ever will ...

27-Sep-17

JTV's embedded Photo
JTV's embedded Photo
the line mans harness... btw, the prussic is no longer on it and I'm using different carabiners

27-Sep-17

JTV's embedded Photo
JTV's embedded Photo
the Carry support system ..

27-Sep-17

JTV's Link
the how to vid for the rope ..... see link ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF8Yz9wMno4

27-Sep-17

JTV's Link
another how to rope vid .. see link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKHj3lZFU74

27-Sep-17
Actually the LW straps can be had fairly cheap if bought in quantity. Shawn

27-Sep-17
JTV- thanks much for all the info!

Shawn, just curious- how many straps are needed to buy them in "quantity"? I don't see anything on their website about it. I assume I'm not interested in enough of them for it to be relevant.

27-Sep-17
I’ll go in with you, scoot, if it will help to get a better price. I could use 20-30 of them.

28-Sep-17
t-roy- I'll do a little digging and get back to you on that. Hopefully something will work out! Thanks!

28-Sep-17
I spoke with someone at Lonewolf-- no bulk order discounts at this time.

I ended up ordering from strapworks simply because I wanted to give them a shot. I'm curious to see what their product is like. If I'm not satisfied I'll be out $50. Not the end of the world.

28-Sep-17
I’d be interested in your thoughts on them when you get them, scoot. How much$ did they run?

28-Sep-17
Once I got shipping paid for it came to $60 for seven straps. That was for a solid color...

28-Sep-17
Tractor Supply offers some heavy poundage straps at a reasonable price. This is an item that should not be "low ball" priced. You life depends on then especially a loc-on.

• Sitka Gear