Scoot 28-Sep-17
t-roy 28-Sep-17
Scoot 28-Sep-17
Buffalo1 28-Sep-17
Scoot 17-Oct-17
APauls 17-Oct-17
buckfevered 17-Oct-17
27-Sep-17
I want to order new straps for my treestands and steps. I know they can be ordered from Lonewolf, but I'm told I can get equally good straps for 1/4 or 1/3 the cost at other places. I see people refer folks to stapworks and other sites, but I can't figure out which straps to actually get. Can someone please provide a link to the specific straps I should get for my Lonework stand and steps? Thanks!

27-Sep-17
I recently replaced a bunch of straps on my hang-on treestands and on my climbing sticks. I leave my stands out all year (private property) and after a few years the straps need to be replaced. I like a ratchet strap for stands with a minimum of 500 pound load rating. Ratchets make it easier to tighten and loosen your strap. You can get a 4-pack from Amazon for about $20. Pay attention to the hook on the end of the strap as some will fit a stand easier than others. You will pay extra for any strap that is camo or has a picture of a deer on it.

27-Sep-17

Scoot's Link
I'd much prefer to not use ratchet straps- this is for a stand and steps that will go up and down with me every time I hunt. I prefer ratchet straps when I'll be leaving them up for a while. In fact, I usually use them when I'll be leaving a my stand up for a while.

I'm looking at the strap in the link here or the one below. Any idea if these are good options? Is one better than the other?

27-Sep-17

Scoot's Link

27-Sep-17
Scoot, The straps I use need to have a loop on two ends, are yours the same? The links you have do not show those types of straps, or else I am just not seeing it. The reason I did use LW is because I could not find suitable replacements elsewhere, but will quickly change for the right price if you find something different!

27-Sep-17
Habitat, the ones I sent in the link are called "Loop Straps" and have loops on both ends. I'm finding that Strapworks may be a little cheaper, but not a lot compared to Lonewolf. Once you add in the buckle and 4' or 5' of strap, it totals about $7.75/strap for no camo and about $9/strap for camo. A little cheaper than Lonewolf, but not a lot. I don't care if I have a camo strap or not, so I could save about $2.25/strap, or around $11 total in saving.

For $11, I'm not interested in messing around with it. Not exactly the savings some have suggested it would be. But, if I can save $11 and have a better product, I'm interested. I'm just not sure if it's a better product. In fact, for all I know, it's not as good. Any info or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

27-Sep-17
I need to replace some also. I was going to do the rope mod, but if I can get a couple longer straps for the bottom two I may go back with straps. I hunt some trees with bigger trunks and a couple longer straps for the bottom would be nice.

27-Sep-17

JTV's embedded Photo
JTV's embedded Photo
Modify the steps and go with 8mm Rescue Cord/Accessory cord ... I do 10 ft on the bottom two sticks and 9 ft on the top two sticks, all black now, instead of the blue rope... also went to 11 mm Static rope for my Linemans harness using a Ropeman #1 Ascender lighter weight, easier to use... I still use the LW straps on the stand, and I have extensions for those straps .... I can go up trees 30+" in diameter with gives me more options than a climber ever will ...

27-Sep-17

JTV's embedded Photo
JTV's embedded Photo
the line mans harness... btw, the prussic is no longer on it and I'm using different carabiners

27-Sep-17

JTV's embedded Photo
JTV's embedded Photo
the Carry support system ..

27-Sep-17

JTV's Link
the how to vid for the rope ..... see link ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF8Yz9wMno4

27-Sep-17

JTV's Link
another how to rope vid .. see link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKHj3lZFU74

27-Sep-17
Actually the LW straps can be had fairly cheap if bought in quantity. Shawn

27-Sep-17
JTV- thanks much for all the info!

Shawn, just curious- how many straps are needed to buy them in "quantity"? I don't see anything on their website about it. I assume I'm not interested in enough of them for it to be relevant.

27-Sep-17
I’ll go in with you, scoot, if it will help to get a better price. I could use 20-30 of them.

28-Sep-17
t-roy- I'll do a little digging and get back to you on that. Hopefully something will work out! Thanks!

28-Sep-17
I spoke with someone at Lonewolf-- no bulk order discounts at this time.

I ended up ordering from strapworks simply because I wanted to give them a shot. I'm curious to see what their product is like. If I'm not satisfied I'll be out $50. Not the end of the world.

28-Sep-17
I’d be interested in your thoughts on them when you get them, scoot. How much$ did they run?

28-Sep-17
Once I got shipping paid for it came to $60 for seven straps. That was for a solid color...

28-Sep-17
Tractor Supply offers some heavy poundage straps at a reasonable price. This is an item that should not be "low ball" priced. You life depends on then especially a loc-on.

17-Oct-17
As a follow up to those who are interested-- I contacted Strapworks and talked with someone there about what straps I should get for my stand. They directed me to ones that looked perfect. I ordered them and got them in about 10 days. After messing with them a bit I decided to return them.

In general the straps look fine, but there were two reasons why I wanted to return them. First, the Lonewolf straps are folded over and sown together so at the part of the loop that goes around the "button" of the stand, they are only half as wide. This makes them fit much better and stay in place. I could have messed with it and jury rigged it somehow to say in place and fit better, but I decided I didn't want to mess with it. Second, there is much more stitching holding the Lonewolf straps together than the Strapworks straps. I'm sure they are both perfectly fine, but the Lonewolf straps just looked like they are held together better and I think I'll have a little more peace of mind with them.

Just thought I'd post my impressions in case others are thinking about ordering. For the very small savings I got from Strapworks straps, I'm going to order directly from Lonewolf om the future.

All that being said, I spoke with a representative at Strapworks about returning them and I was told that because they are "made to order", they are non-returnable. I explained that I was told they would fit my stand just fine by one of their representatives and they, in fact, don't fit it quite right. I asked again to return them and was again told they are non-returnable. As a result, I will not order from Strapworks for any product again in the future. In their defense their return policy is posted on their website. In mine, I was told something that wasn't accurate by their representative. I will jury rig what I have and use them, but my next set of straps will come directly from Lonewolf.

Not a big deal and I'm not all worked up about it, but I thought I'd post what I found in case others are considering ordering new straps.

17-Oct-17
The XOP straps are the same identical straps as LW. Since everything else XOP is cheaper than LW I would expect the straps to be as well, but haven't priced them. Did you check with XOP?

17-Oct-17
Went to both XOP and Lone Wolf websites. From their respective replacement part pages: LW Replacement belt (brown) $9.99 XOP Grey Cam Strap 1" thick $12.99 In description, both state they will fit all climbing sticks and stands, XOP does state a lenght of 67", LW does not.

• Sitka Gear