D.C. Scarlett 04-Oct-17
HerdManager 04-Oct-17
deerhunter72 05-Oct-17
28-Sep-17

tcmcdermott's embedded Photo
Curious what people think on the age of this buck?

28-Sep-17
Going out on a limb here as I'd like to see him looking forward, but I'll say he's 55. Maybe 6.5

29-Sep-17
In KS he'd be 2.5-3.5. Looks well fed but young

29-Sep-17
Thorton may be closer. I didn't look to see what state you're from. Y'all's deer are much bigger than ours. I was going off the square body and the brisket. Neck seems to tie into his chest like an older buck, but it's hard to tell when he's looking away.

29-Sep-17

29-Sep-17
not a great photo, have any more of him. I want to see his face and full chest without his leg up.

29-Sep-17
Thanks for the responses! I planned on posting more photos but am new to the site so I wasn't sure how initially. I think I have it figured out so I plan to post some more photos of different bucks. I unfortunately don't have any other photos of this guy. In the last year or so I've been getting more into deer mgmt, aging bucks etc which is why I was curious what others thought. I initially thought he was an older deer due to body size, but then was leaning more towards 2.5-3.5 due to some other characteristics. I am in southern Wisconsin and surrounded by agricultur which is probably contributing to the size.

01-Oct-17
I am leaning towards 3.5 yo. He could be a bulked up 2.5 yo but the length, small butt, and rounded chest say he's a tad older.

04-Oct-17
Yerp 3 years

04-Oct-17
Pretty sure those are two different deer.

05-Oct-17
I agree with herdmanager. My first thought was that they are different deer. No idea on age.

• Sitka Gear