TonyL's embedded Photo
TonyL's embedded Photo
TonyL's embedded Photo
TonyL's embedded Photo
TonyL's embedded Photo
TonyL's embedded Photo
TonyL's embedded Photo
TonyL's embedded Photo
my girlfriend of almost a year had never picked up a bow in her life as of a month ago. she said she wanted to hunt with me this fall so I bought her a bow and some camos. we practiced and practiced in the backyard until i was sure she was ready. tonight was ohio’s bow opener and she didn’t let me down. i’m so proud of her

30-Sep-17
That is awesome congrats!

30-Sep-17
well gloat away! CONGRATS!

30-Sep-17
Congratulations on your first deer. Lets hear the rest of the story..

30-Sep-17
Love it. Grats to both of you. Nice arrow placement - I bet that buck didn't go far.

30-Sep-17
Congrats to her and You.

30-Sep-17
it was textbook. I put up a 2 person stand so I could help her out on her first hunt. we got in the stand about 5:00, legal shooting ended at 7:50. at about 6:00 I heard leaves crunching and this guy was heading right for us. she got her bow up and we watched him come in. at about 12 yards he stopped and checked the wind, which wasn’t in our favor. I whispered for her to take him as soon as she was ready. he took 2 more steps quartering slightly towards us. she put a perfect shot on him and caught one lung with a rear exit. very little blood on the track job but he only made it about 100yds. I don’t know who was more excited, me or her. Definitely a great memory

30-Sep-17
Well done!

30-Sep-17
Excellent, love is alive.

30-Sep-17
That's fantastic man....congrats to both of you.

30-Sep-17
Very nice! Congrats to you both! Not many things better than getting to share those experiences with each other.

30-Sep-17
Great job! Congrats to you both.

30-Sep-17
Congrats!

30-Sep-17
Good stuff!!! What head wasn’t she shooting?

30-Sep-17
actually, she was using a rage. I was very skeptical of mechanical heads, but it performed as advertised.

30-Sep-17
Doesn't get much better than this! Congrats to your girlfriend and to you for being her mentor.

30-Sep-17
Congratulations to you both!

30-Sep-17
Congratulations! You definitely can gloat - you have done very, very well! Congratulations to the little lady on her first bow kill!

30-Sep-17
Congratulations to both of you.

30-Sep-17
Good Deal ! Congratulations.

01-Oct-17
Congrats!!!

01-Oct-17
Awesome! Congrats to you both.

01-Oct-17

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Bowriter's embedded Photo
Very good, need more female lady women in the woods. I assume you explained to her that it was a custom that whenever a deer was killed, for three years, the women have to do all the gutting, skinning , butchering and cooking before they can be considered woods-worthy. If she goes for that, maybe you can get her to pay half on an elk hunt.

01-Oct-17
Congratulations to her and great job by you taking her hunting! We can use all the hunters we can get these days, nice to see more women enjoying it!

01-Oct-17
Both are keepers for sure. Nice. Paul

01-Oct-17
Congrats! Gloat away.

01-Oct-17
I'd gloat as well, congratulations!

01-Oct-17
thanks for all the commendation guys, we appreciate it. I made sure to explain to her that they won’t all come so easy. we will spend many days in stand and not even see a deer. for now, she’s excited to go do it again, she’s hooked

01-Oct-17
Marry her quickly!

01-Oct-17
Good job

01-Oct-17
that's what it's all about. great job. it looks like the nock broke. what did she hit?

01-Oct-17

TonyL's embedded Photo
TonyL's embedded Photo
Nock is intact, that’s a crossbow bolt. before I catch any flack for her usingvs crossbow, she’s new to the sport, baby steps. she already wants a compound, she thinks it’s cheating getting to use a scope and a trigger.

01-Oct-17
TonyL,

NO FLACK is WARRANTED !

A big congratulations is warranted !

Great job, lovely smile

:^}

01-Oct-17
Nothing but a HUGE congrats to you both.....regardless of the weapon!!!

Mark

01-Oct-17
Congrats.

You both are dressed like it was cold?

01-Oct-17
Awesome sauce!!

01-Oct-17
she was dressed like it was cold, I was only wearing a long sleeve t and light cargo pants. she had insulated bibs and jacket on. it was in the upper 50’s, she’s only 100lbs, she gets cold easy.

01-Oct-17
Great job to the both of you! I don't care about her starting with a crossbow. I got my nephew started with a crossbow a few years ago.

01-Oct-17
Great job guys !

02-Oct-17
awesome :)

02-Oct-17
Gloat away, congrats to you both. I think she needs a shoulder mount for her first buck :)

02-Oct-17
Congrats my wife is my soul mate and hunting partner remember the guy who takes his wife or girlfriend hunting can't go to heaven he's already there Lewis

02-Oct-17
Congrats to Both of you!

02-Oct-17
Perfect!!! What an awesome adventure to experience with her:) Congratulations!

02-Oct-17
Congrats! Great on you for getting her involved!!!

02-Oct-17
Great job to the both of you!!

02-Oct-17
Congrats !

02-Oct-17
Tony, Congrats to your girlfriend! Great first deer. Bou'bound knows that it's a bolt, he just wanted you to tell us she used a crossbow. Too bad he won't tell us what happened in Alberta with Jay Fuller!

03-Oct-17
oh... I expected somebody to say something. I’m proud of her regardless of what equipment she used. some people just can’t let others be happy

03-Oct-17
Tony, Who gives a ^&*# what she used, she is out hunting with her man, and has taken a wonderful animal! Good on both of you!

03-Oct-17
oh... I expected somebody to say something. I’m proud of her regardless of what equipment she used. some people just can’t let others be happy

04-Oct-17
While I will heartily congratulate you and your girlfriend on a successful hunt, I think the only issue some may have is that you said "I bought her a bow". Actually no, you bought her a Xbow. I have no problem with Xbows used legally and think they are a great way to get new hunters started. But whether intentional or not, the opening line was misleading.

Nobody would say "I bought her a muzzle loader", when in fact they bought a rifle. Despite the nationwide push to define Xbows and compounds as the same thing, they are different.

Again congrats and very cool that she's hooked on hunting!

• Sitka Gear