Turk 05-Oct-17
Bowboy 05-Oct-17
dm/wolfskin 05-Oct-17
Hawkeye 05-Oct-17
Jeff Pals 08-Oct-17
sdbowhunter 08-Oct-17
03-Oct-17

Bowhunter34's embedded Photo
The first shot actually went straight through the heart. He has 7 BIG tines on each side and about a 46" spread.
The first shot actually went straight through the heart. He has 7 BIG tines on each side and about a 46" spread.
Where he fell dead
Where he fell dead
Our work is done
Our work is done
So grateful to have an opportunity to go up to Ontario for a 2nd time and try for a bull moose. We got there on Saturday, Sept 23rd and didn't hear or see a moose until this guy responded to my calls on Thursday morning. When I first heard him he sounded like he was a mile a way but as his grunts got louder and more frequent I knew he was heading straight to me. Branches were breaking, tree tops are bending over as he continued to move closer. By the time I could first see him he was then only 60 yards away. I had to continue using soft cow calls to pull him towards me because he kept wanting to think the cow was further north. I already drew on him twice but he kept taking the wrong turn and I couldn't get a good shot. Finally, he comes out to give me a good clear shot but he turns the wrong direction! One more soft cow call (from only 30 yards away) and he does a complete 180. It's going to give me a perfect 10 yard broadside shot but then he catches a bit of my wind and knows something is not right. Starts to turn back around and WHACK! I smoked him at 30 yards! Not 100% sure on my shot placement, I stuck another arrow in him when he stopped at 50 yards to look back at what happened. When the 2nd arrow hit, he fell in the water like he was hit by a freight train. UNREAL! So intense ! Once he was done my body was like in shock from all the adrenaline. I ran to the boat to go get my brother and then we had our work cut out for us. So rewarding and such a great adventure. Nothing compares to these close encounters we're able to have as archery hunters!

Thanks for listening and I hope to see some more stories like mine on here!

03-Oct-17
Outstanding moose, congrats!

03-Oct-17
pretty bull! very cool story too! that close up stuff is intense! no question congrats MikeC

03-Oct-17
That is awesome!! Congratulations on a beauty of a bull!!

03-Oct-17
very cool! congrats on a great adventure and trophy.

03-Oct-17
Congrats !

03-Oct-17
Congratulations. Beautiful bull.

03-Oct-17
Dream bull ! Congrats

03-Oct-17
Enjoy. He's a stud!

03-Oct-17
Bucket list for sure. Congrats!

03-Oct-17
Congrats on a great moose!

03-Oct-17
That's a great moose. Well done. And in Ontario, that much better. I've heard nothing but horror stories on the Ontario moose populations for the past 10 years and have been looking at other places to hunt. You'd do Ont. again? What are your thoughts on what you've seen having tried twice. Thanks in advance.

03-Oct-17
Great moose!

03-Oct-17
Congrats!

03-Oct-17
Awesome moose! Congrats

03-Oct-17
Awesome, that's a great story. Congratulations....

04-Oct-17
Congratulations. Beautiful bull and nice story. You should be very proud.

04-Oct-17
Congrats ! A boat full of good eating and a nice mount. Can't beat that !

04-Oct-17
Awesome moose congrats!

04-Oct-17
Thanks guys! @killinstuff - Between me and a couple other guys, this is the 7th time we've been up there. We'll be back.

04-Oct-17
how did you deal with him in the water? Did you somehow move him to a shallower place before quartering?

congrats man!

04-Oct-17
@Pyrannah...we brought a come along with but somehow we broke it before we got the bull all the way to the beach haha. By then we could just quarter him where he was in the water.

04-Oct-17
Way to go man! That is awesome!

04-Oct-17
Awesome man and congrats!!!!!!

04-Oct-17
Congrats for sure!

05-Oct-17
Congrats!

05-Oct-17
Congratulations! Nice bull.

05-Oct-17
Congrats great bull.

05-Oct-17
Congrats! Bet that was fun getting that bull quarter up out there or getting it back on dry land.

05-Oct-17
Congrats on a great bull!

08-Oct-17
Way to go Mark, couldn't happen to a better guy and great hunter. You hung tough for the whole hunt not seeing or hearing anything and in the end played it perfect and worked in a great bull. I can't wait to measure him. Congratulations! -Jeff

08-Oct-17
Congrats. Way to go

• Sitka Gear