Buyse 03-Oct-17
raceguy 04-Oct-17
tobinsghost 08-Oct-17
Buyse 08-Oct-17
tobinsghost 08-Oct-17
elkocd 09-Oct-17
Buyse 09-Oct-17
03-Oct-17
I am guessing the "Peak Rut" is winding down and I have not been able to get out near as much as I would like with family/work obligations. The last time I was out (Sept 22) elk were going crazy. I am asking all you elk killing machines advice on calling in elk this time of year. I am hoping to get out this weekend. I know there is no exact science but I would welcome any advice/knowledge.

03-Oct-17
I don't know about Montana but they are still going crazy down here in CO. Saw three herds last night and I was a bulging champ for my Fiancee. She had never heard a real BUGLE before but got plenty last night.

03-Oct-17
That's good to hear ghost. I hope they are still singing here as well. Luck!

04-Oct-17
Man, hard to tell. One week they are bugling, next they are not, even in the same area. Adopt to the situation would be the best bet. Elk can be finicky that way, It's wierd. Just adopt to the situation that day. Many times, with no bugling I've don'e well with some loud but nasty demanding cow calls and I can get a bugle. Frome there on you just have to figure it out once you have a location.

08-Oct-17
Went out last night again and they were still bulging West of Colorado Springs.

08-Oct-17
Wow. You weren't a kidding. Get into elk Friday. Called a nice bull in using an estrus call. Misjudged the distance and hit him high. Looked all the next day. Nothing! No blood. Found half my arrow 50yds away. So frustrating! They are going strong still here in MT! Luck!

08-Oct-17

tobinsghost's embedded Photo
tobinsghost's embedded Photo
Called 4 bulls in today while sitting my fiancee's car! Too funny! All small bulls but one was OTC legal!

09-Oct-17
Headed back to MT tonight with my fingers crossed I can find some bulls still being stupid.

09-Oct-17
I'm not sure about western MT but they are still getting with it in Central MT. LUCK!

• Sitka Gear